NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Lmao, as usual, refs 1, any team playing the bellicheaters 0. Not like the **** isn’t rigged anyway.

Curious what game you were watching to come up with that conclusion.

Reffing was a wash, blown calls - and there were only two egregious ones, IMO - went both ways.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Yeah but Cheifs had time to spike it just would of taken away their shot at the end zone.
Yeah the game had some pressure moments, the Edelman thumb replay (which is debatable), Brady giving up a interception in field goal territory, the offside that you mentioned. But i thought overall from start to finish the Patriots made the better defensive plays. Especially the first half. Game could have went either way.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I know they changed it but its still garbage. What the **** was that last statement about my team is the Panthers and Cam shat on them both times he played them. They literally made the rule to not hit low on the QB because Brady sorry ass got hurt in 08.

Hi, try getting your facts straight. It will be more persuasive:

NFL Rules Named After Players

THE CARSON PALMER RULE

A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him. The rule came after Carson Palmer and other quarterbacks suffered knee injuries due to low hits.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well the game was just decided by a coin flip both offenses should get a chance to score in playoff games.
I guess the end argument is if KC got the ball and also scored, then does it become sudden death or do both teams have to have the same number of possessions in OT?

KC had the game if Ford doesn't line up offsides. Can't blame the refs on that one. Not like the NE drive got extended by a phantom roughing call like the Jones penalty earlier in the drive.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hi, try getting your facts straight. It will be more persuasive:

NFL Rules Named After Players

THE CARSON PALMER RULE

A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him. The rule came after Carson Palmer and other quarterbacks suffered knee injuries due to low hits.
That was for knee hits. I watched football and they didn't change it to all low hits till Bradys tore his ACL against the Cheifs it changed the following season I know because I watched football in the 2000s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I guess the end argument is if KC got the ball and also scored, then does it become sudden death or do both teams have to have the same number of possessions in OT?

KC had the game if Ford doesn't line up offsides. Can't blame the refs on that one. Not like the NE drive got extended by a phantom roughing call like the Jones penalty earlier in the drive.
Just play a 15 minute, or even a 10 minute quarter. Leading team at the end wins. If still tied, then sure go ahead with sudden death.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Patriots fans under 30 have never known pain
I remember when the home games were blacked out because they didn't sell out. If you were in Providence RI it was "out of market" so you could watch. But I was 70 or so miles from there. I'd put on the Providence channel and hold the rabbit ear antennae of my tv just to get a snowy picture of Steve Grogan losing.

But yeah, the new generation knows nothing about that stuff.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
D was awesome in the first half. O and special team nearly gave the game away. At the end, thr GOAT delivered.

Gotta savor these moments, the dynasty will not last forever.

Good job Chiefs, you guys did not quit and you'll be back. Mahomes is Favre minus the stupidity. You have a special one.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Its a privilege to watch one Tom Brady, quiet possibly the greatest player to ever play in any sport, easily the most clutch. 9 straight conference Championships, 3 straight Superbowls, despite below average defense, no true #1 WR or a RB, a broken down Gronk.....that's other worldly.

We are witnessing something special, ladies and gents...

Feb 24, 2017
Can admire a team but honestly pats again just boring glad hockey seasons on won't she watching the rinse repeat version 53 .
There will be no hockey on during or after the Super Bowl. All games will be complete before kickoff.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know what the NFL's supposed to do about the OT though barring turning it into college OT. Then people will start complaining x team having to go for two decided the game. They already changed it once for Peyton, they're not going to do it again because Mahomes didn't get the ball.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Its a privilege to watch one Tom Brady, quiet possibly the greatest player to ever play in any sport, easily the most clutch. 9 straight conference Championships, 3 straight Superbowls, despite below average defense, no true #1 WR or a RB, a broken down Gronk.....that's other worldly.

We are witnessing something special, ladies and gents...

This is a weird game to focus on Brady after. He was all over the place.

James White is something special though and I really dont get why BB and/or McDaniels doesn't use him more.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
In the end the Chiefs defense couldn't get off the field. Patriots converted 68% of their 3rd downs and held the ball for a nearly 2:1 margin in regulation.

That's fair but I'm not sure what it has to do with my post. Brady quarterbacked a great game despite the ugly TD/INT ration (including the overturned ones) but because the D can't make a stop does not mean the O shouldn't get a chance to bail them out, especially in such an offensive league.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't know what the NFL's supposed to do though barring turning it into college OT. Then people will start complaining x team having to go for two decided the game.
The college rule is too gimmicky. People hate the shootout, but yet that's what the college game basically is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad