NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Enjoy it while it lasts my friend. Dynasties like the Patriots dont happen often in the sports world let alone the NFL. Chances of us seeing something like this again in our life time is almost impossible.

I've had to 'enjoy' it for way too long. Enough is enough.

Dynasties IMHO are not good for sports.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
This is a weird game to focus on Brady after. He was all over the place.

James White is something special though and I really dont get why BB and/or McDaniels doesn't use him more.

So was Mahomes. Took a lot of sacks and could’ve easily been picked twice. He still deserves praise for that fourth quarter.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It was the Watkins catch referenced in the post you quoted. Set up the Williams TD.
Ok. Thanks

Either way there where a bunch of bad calls that went both ways. If people want to say the Patriots got a couple more that went their way then fine, but it was hardly one sided

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Ok. Thanks

Either way there where a bunch of bad calls that went both ways. If people want to say the Patriots got a couple more that went their way then fine, but it was hardly one sided
As with all huge games, there were rough/bad/missed calls on both sides. I think they evened up pretty well.

The game was incredibly exciting. I think my heart rate has finally returned to resting.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

But the Patriots have "only" won 5 times. So there are plenty of other teams winning.

It's just that they are ALWAYS in the final 4 or the final 2. But that kind of sustained excellence is rare and I am enjoying the heck out of it.

Reactions: irunthepeg

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Tyreke Hill was a complete nonfactor outside of that one 42 yard catch in the 1st quarter. Great gameplan by BB

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So was Mahomes. Took a lot of sacks and could’ve easily been picked twice. He still deserves praise for that fourth quarter.

Sure, but part of that is age and his newness to the scene. Bradys had so many great playoff games that it feels odd to see such focus when he was really bad at moments. It's a kind of game other guys might even get ripped for.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sure, but part of that is age and his newness to the scene. Bradys had so many great playoff games that it feels odd to see such focus when he was really bad at moments. It's a kind of game other guys might even get ripped for.
He had some bad throws/decisions, but on the whole he was great. Anyone who would rip a QB for a game like that just doesnt know what they are talking about.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He had some bad throws/decisions, but on the whole he was great. Anyone who would rip a QB for a game like that just doesnt know what they are talking about.

Guys get ripped for games like that all the time, which I agree is dumb but here we are. It's also just not accurate to call that a great game which is the main part of my point.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Age goes both ways, though. Look at what QB’s Brady’s age usually muster.

He had two bad decisions, one was a potentially back-breaking pick, one was a pick that was brought back by a penalty. Other than that, he was great. After the first quarter he constantly faced 2nd/3rd and long because of 2 yard runs on first and/or second down. Even with his mistake(s), he did more than enough to win. If Edelman doesn’t cause that second pick and Brady is called upon to throw the ball more in the red zone, he could easily have had a 4 TD, 1 INT day. A .650+ completion percentage on the road in that arena in that weather is nothing to scoff at either.

Praise and criticism is always relative, but when he needed to be good, he definitely was.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Tyreke Hill was a complete nonfactor outside of that one 42 yard catch in the 1st quarter. Great gameplan by BB

He's 67, yet he seemingly has not lost his fastball.

Which makes me wonder how much longer he'll keep coaching

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Age goes both ways, though. Look at what QB’s Brady’s age usually muster.

He had two bad decisions, one was a potentially back-breaking pick, one was a pick that was brought back by a penalty. Other than that, he was great. After the first quarter he constantly faced 2nd/3rd and long because of 2 yard runs on first and/or second down. Even with his mistake(s), he did more than enough to win. If Edelman doesn’t cause that second pick and Brady is called upon to throw the ball more in the red zone, he could easily have had a 4 TD, 1 INT day. A .650+ completion percentage on the road in that arena in that weather is nothing to scoff at either.

Praise and criticism is always relative, but when he needed to be good, he definitely was.

I mean more that this is Mahomes' first taste and theres nothing to compare it to. If he was a vet he would've been ripped in the first half for sure.

As for Brady, he could have, or he could have had one more pick and lost the game. Even though the receivers are more to blame, he missed on both throws along with plenty others. Most of the case for this being a great game by him is defending why he wasn't better, people should think about that.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

that's kind of obvious....don't feel any need to watch the NBA knowing the Warriors are going to steamroll their way through everybody easily until possibly get upset by a Lebron led team in the finals so its kind of a 2 team league where one is 90% likely to win it all.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
that's kind of obvious....don't feel any need to watch the NBA knowing the Warriors are going to steamroll their way through everybody easily until possibly get upset by a Lebron led team in the finals so its kind of a 2 team league where one is 90% likely to win it all.

If this board existed back in the day, I wonder how we would have felt about the Habs when they won 15 Cups from 1956-1979

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Guys get ripped for games like that all the time, which I agree is dumb but here we are. It's also just not accurate to call that a great game which is the main part of my point.

Well Im gunna disagree. I thought it was a great game. He made one horrendous decision in the first quarter on that goaline pick, but other than that I thought he was great, nearly 70% on 3rd down, 13/19

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If this board existed back in the day, I wonder how we would have felt about the Habs when they won 15 Cups from 1956-1979
That's basically how a salary cap(no hard cap) tends to spread things out evenly across teams though the Patriots are the exception since they are under the same rules and the NFL draft doesn't necessarily guarantee that a player will stay for his career or not leave the second they are UFA because the organization couldn't turn it around fast enough and just head to successful NFL teams for probably less pay than expected.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What a contrast of fanbases.

The long suffering, long starving KC fanbase, THAT close to their first triumph in 50 years.... instead, we get Boston's umpteenth triumph this decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad