Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Exactly this. With Fowler's return on the horizon and San Diego bleeding goals, it makes no sense [developmentally] to scratch any of Mahura, Larsson, or Welinski on a nightly basis in Anaheim. I have no idea why Welinski is riding the pine when he could at least be playing in SD and one of Sustr/Schenn recalled.

Frankly, Welinski has no future in Anaheim IMO. Unless one of Manson, Montour, or Dotchin aren't in GMBM's longterm plans, I expect Welinski to be traded before next season.
Doubt there will be any takers, he’d probably clear waivers

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Doubt there will be any takers, he’d probably clear waivers
Not only would he probably clear waivers, he certainly would clear waivers because he doesn't need waivers to begin with. He'd have to play 39 more NHL games to require waivers.

Notwithstanding his weaknesses, Welinski is still a youngish, offensive-minded RHD. If Taylor Fedun could return a conditional seventh, so too could Welinski.

Reactions: Paul4587

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What about bringing Perron(or even schenn) back? his contract is pretty solid for what he brings (4 mil for next 3 seasons I think), hes shown chemistry with getzlaf… id say were a little weaker of LW.

Perron Getz Kase
Rakell Henrique Aberg/Sprong
Cogliano Kesler Sprong/Aberg
Ritchie Rawney Sheerwood

This kinda assuming we cant find a way to resign Silfverberg, and he is moved for a 1st round pick at some point. I like the idea of Schenn a lot... but idk that we can make it work cap wise unless we lose 2 of cogs/eaves/silf or 1 of perry/kesler. Im okay with all those options but its very unlikely

Last edited:

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
What about bringing Perron(or even schenn) back? his contract is pretty solid for what he brings (4 mil for next 3 seasons I think), hes shown chemistry with getzlaf… id say were a little weaker of LW.

Perron Getz Kase
Ritchie Rawney Sheerwood

This kinda assuming we cant find a way to resign Silfverberg, and he is moved for a 1st round pick at some point. I like the idea of Schenn a lot... but idk that we can make it work cap wise unless we lose 2 of cogs/eaves/silf or 1 of perry/kesler. Im okay with all those options but its very unlikely
If you are going to try and trade him for a 1st, I'd trade to flip him over to Florida or New Jersey.

Reactions: Getz2perry

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Perron Getz Kase
Ritchie Rawney Sheerwood

You are missing Perry in your lineup above and he'll be back in a couple of months. And Ritchie is definitely not a 4th liner. Personally, I'd rather see the Ducks continue to develop and make room for guys like Comtois, Terry, and Jones rather than acquire a potential boat anchor in Perron. Also, Perry and Kesler are unmovable.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Eh hed only get a 1st from a contender that knows the pick will be 20-32 range... no way a team struggling makes a move for silf

Agreed. And I'm sure GMBM would prefer to move him east which lowers the universe of options even further. Having said that, I don't think GMBM will allow Silfverberg to become another Belesky where the Ducks get nothing for him and he leaves via FA.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Eh hed only get a 1st from a contender that knows the pick will be 20-32 range... no way a team struggling makes a move for silf
That was kind of in the back of my mind. Season is still young though and maybe it could be a trade we make sooner. I’d prefer to keep him though because the team is actually playing much better now. I think im just pissed the Kings will have a shot at a number one pick.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That was kind of in the back of my mind. Season is still young though and maybe it could be a trade we make sooner. I’d prefer to keep him though because the team is actually playing much better now. I think im just pissed the Kings will have a shot at a number one pick.

Arizona could end up with the 1st overall as well especially with the Raanta injurie or Vancouver if they start to play like how they looked on paper.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
If the team wants to get serious about the playoffs this season, they need to add another center that can provide offense (probably a rental). Kesler and Rowney aren't bringing any, so I'd like to see them together on the 4th line, Kesler can take key draws and play wing. Rico has struggled offensively as well, there's just too much of the offense on Getzlaf's shoulders right now. That would also mean hanging onto Silf for the playoffs, signed or not, ala Beleskey.

I don't think that's the best way to go, though, this team is a pretender. Until the non-roster kids are ready to make an impact, I think we should only make moves that have long term benefit, make the team younger, and reduce cap.

Oct 18, 2011
We really shouldn't be trading high picks or young players.

BM needs to trade Silf if he can't move Cogs, Silf is going to be wasted on that line which is getting killed. Kesler has 20 points in his last 74 games. I guess I don't see why you keep Silf if you're playing him on that line. You can't let him go for nothing and we have the wing depth to do it. Get some picks or youth.

RE: Kesler as an organization you have to look at him as a 4th liner despite his cap hit. So if anything I'd be trying to upgrade the center position.. except BM has boxed himself in bc all the centers have long term deals. Rowneys contract is ridiculous.

BM knows this team isn't championship quality so he can't get suckered into win now moves. If he can trade someone like Cogs I say go for it

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
We really shouldn't be trading high picks or young players.

BM needs to trade Silf if he can't move Cogs, Silf is going to be wasted on that line which is getting killed. Kesler has 20 points in his last 74 games. I guess I don't see why you keep Silf if you're playing him on that line. You can't let him go for nothing and we have the wing depth to do it. Get some picks or youth.

RE: Kesler as an organization you have to look at him as a 4th liner despite his cap hit. So if anything I'd be trying to upgrade the center position.. except BM has boxed himself in bc all the centers have long term deals. Rowneys contract is ridiculous.

BM knows this team isn't championship quality so he can't get suckered into win now moves. If he can trade someone like Cogs I say go for it

Rowney has been perfectly fine. As is his contract if he keeps up the play

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kesler is playing like a 5th liner

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don’t want to add any forwards unless they are young with years of control. We don’t need to acquire a stop gap if we trade Silf and/or Cogs. We have enough internal options.

I’d be interested in seeing something like:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Ritchie-Henrique-Sprong
Jones-Rowney-Kase
Aberg-Kesler-Eaves/Street/Gibbons/Cracknell

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don’t want to add any forwards unless they are young with years of control. We don’t need to acquire a stop gap if we trade Silf and/or Cogs. We have enough internal options.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Ritchie-Henrique-Sprong
Jones-Rowney-Kase

My initial reaction to that lineup is "poor Gibby".

Reactions: Paul4587

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Ritchie-Henrique-Sprong
Jones-Rowney-Kase

Even if its just for one game i want to see a line trio of Jones/Kesler/Perry - The Troll Line.
All in one shift: Jones smiles at a player after hitting him, Kesler sits on a puck to eat up time on the clock & Perry steals a stick from the other team.

Reactions: Trojans86

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I'd be surprised if Silfverberg isn't traded at the deadline for futures and if GMBM doesn't push the narrative that he was traded as a result of failed contract negotiations and to make space for Perry.

Read in the voice of GMBM - "Jakob is a terrific player and will be an important part of [insert future team's name] playoff push. When my team and Jakob's agent couldn't agree on a contract extension during the holiday break and all-star break, and with Corey returning to the lineup, it made the most sense for both parties to look to the future. We thank Jakob for his time spent in Anaheim and wish him the best of luck going forward."

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Even if its just for one game i want to see a line trio of Jones/Kesler/Perry - The Troll Line.
All in one shift: Jones smiles at a player after hitting him, Kesler sits on a puck to eat up time on the clock & Perry steals a stick from the other team.
You just described the 2015 version of that line.

2018-19 - Jones smiles at Kesler, and the change in air pressure causes Kesler’s hip to break, Jones attempts to catch him, but winds up with Kesler sitting on top of him, Perry, limping by, pucks up both their sticks to use as crutches and totters off.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
You just described the 2015 version of that line.

2018-19 - Jones smiles at Kesler, and the change in air pressure causes Kesler’s hip to break, Jones attempts to catch him, but winds up with Kesler sitting on top of him, Perry, limping by, pucks up both their sticks to use as crutches and totters off.
Given their histories that very well could happen with all 3 of them on the ice.
The smile thing is a reference to Jones OHL days when he got suspended for a head hit & he smiled all the way off the ice including looking at the camera smiling. Rewatching that hit & his reaction its as though Jones played alot of GTA 5 growing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad