Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Id take burakovsky over cogliano instantly

Burak
for
Cogs(with retention to make work) and a pick.

Kase Getzlaf Sprong
Rakell Henrique Aberg
Burakovsky Kesler Silfverberg
Ritchie Rawney Sheerwood

If we trade silf, just let a rookie fill in and have sheerwood move up to 3rd line... until perry or eaves is back.

This.

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
MV5BNjExMDcxMzkxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDYwNDEzMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR123,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Reactions: KyleJRM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I hope GMBM doesn't get allured by the mirage of potential playoff success. This team need a retool, badly. We don't have the talent level up front to compete, we'll go as far as Gibson, the defence and Getz take us, perhaps even to the conference finals if Gibby goes on a heater. Silf or Cogs won't make a lick of difference in that. Trade Silf & Cogs and if you can get something for nothing in Aberg, trade him.

Also, trade Fowler. He doesn't make a difference for us, not because he isn't good but because when he's in the lineup, the rest of the D plays worse. Maybe that's a coaching usage issue, maybe something else. End result is the same, we seem to always be as good with him as we are without him, thus take the assets and salary flexibility you can get.

Buying out Kesler is simple, it'll always be 2.25 per for twice the number of years remaining. So you keep him until you need the ~4.5M for something else.
+ 1 on Fowler . Shame too, as a person he seems like a great guy. He might need to play out East, it’s done Vatenan a world of good and have a feeling it will for Cam as well.

Reactions: Deuce22

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s the usage. The coaching staff overplays Fowler in defensive situations too much. When he’s out, they go heavily with lindholm/Manson in those situations which works

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I would hate to lose Cog’s leadership as I think his intangibles are important to this team, but I think he might become untradeable next year having a 3.25 million salary for an undersized player who ranges 8-12 goals a season. We already have too many large contract untradeables like Kesler and Perry, so it might hurt short term but it might be better for us in the long run. Cogs is still pretty young and still offers trade value.

I think something like this could happen:
Cogs, Schenn, 3rd
For
Burakovsky, Orpiks (I think Murray is still looking for a LD veteran, even though he is coming off a surgery and might not be available for another month).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Not really a rumor but probably belongs in this thread.

The athletic (Craig Custance) had an article that ranks GMs in terms of quantity of trades over the past 5 years. Murray came in at 5th, averaging 0.67 trades per month and was behind McPhee, Chayka, Bergeron and Bowman. 45% of Murray’s trades are considered “hockey deals”, 35% are when Murray is the buyer, 15% where Murray is selling and 5% were “other” trades.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Not really a rumor but probably belongs in this thread.

The athletic (Craig Custance) had an article that ranks GMs in terms of quantity of trades over the past 5 years. Murray came in at 5th, averaging 0.67 trades per month and was behind McPhee, Chayka, Bergeron and Bowman. 45% of Murray’s trades are considered “hockey deals”, 35% are when Murray is the buyer, 15% where Murray is selling and 5% were “other” trades.
Soooo Murray got fleeced 5% of the time?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Little remembered is that the Palmieri trade actually was for NJ's 2nd which was 41st IIRC. That pick was then traded to the NYR for Hagelin and their 2nd (59th which became Nattinen). In retrospect, it would have been better just to pick 41st...we missed out on some decent talent dropping from 41st to 59th...especially with Hagelin busting like he did in Anaheim.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Little remembered is that the Palmieri trade actually was for NJ's 2nd which was 41st IIRC. That pick was then traded to the NYR for Hagelin and their 2nd (59th which became Nattinen). In retrospect, it would have been better just to pick 41st...we missed out on some decent talent dropping from 41st to 59th...especially with Hagelin busting like he did in Anaheim.

Could've drafted a Daniel Sprong-type player.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Top-10 team in the league. Icing a dozen 25-and-under guys every night, with a log-jam threatening at SD in the next year or so.

HFBoards: What this team needs is a rebuild.

Never change, HFboards.

This team did need a "rebuild" or fresh blood or whatever you want to call it, after the San Jose debacle. I would argue that those asking for that are getting it, just maybe in a little different packaging. Instead of just bringing up prospects that aren't ready yet, BM has made some savvy acquisitions of young players (Aberg, Dotchin, Sprong) while incorporating prospects that are ready for the roles they are being asked to play (Larsson, Sherwood). These, with the hoped for improvements of Ritchie, Kase, and Montour seeming to be panning out, are the wanted rebuild.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This team did need a "rebuild" or fresh blood or whatever you want to call it, after the San Jose debacle. I would argue that those asking for that are getting it, just maybe in a little different packaging. Instead of just bringing up prospects that aren't ready yet, BM has made some savvy acquisitions of young players (Aberg, Dotchin, Sprong) while incorporating prospects that are ready for the roles they are being asked to play (Larsson, Sherwood). These, with the hoped for improvements of Ritchie, Kase, and Montour seeming to be panning out, are the wanted rebuild.

I would like to see more from Åberg and Sprong before saying they've panned out. Sure, they've been good so far, but can they keep playing like this for at least another season, or is this performance a result of a career year or a hot start? Dotchin IMO is more of a bottom pairing guy, Manson and Montour are doing the real heavy lifting on RD.

The center depth especially still needs to be re-tooled over the next few seasons. Getz is still a legitimate top line center, sure, but will be be that after 2-3 years? Kesler is already declining, Rico might become an expansion casualty. We have good prospects in San Diego, they could take over some of those roles -- IMO we still lack that elite individual though...

Last edited:

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota

That's fair.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I would like to see more from Åberg and Sprong before saying they've panned out. Sure, they've been good so far, but can they keep playing like this for at least another season, or is this performance a result of a career year or a hot start? Dotchin IMO is more of a bottom pairing guy, Manson and Montour are doing the real heavy lifting on RD.

The center depth especially still needs to be re-tooled over the next few seasons. Getz is still a legitimate top line center, sure, but will be be that after 2-3 years? Kesler is already declining, Rico might become an expansion casualty...

A second top C is pretty much all that stands between the Ducks and being a truly elite team instead of just a good one. Kesler's supposed to be that guy, and he's taking up that guy's cap space for the next few years, but he just ain't that guy anymore.

There's a little bit of cap space next year to try to address it, but not a ton. And I don't think assuming Steel or Lundestrom can be that guy in the next few years is a good plan. Best hope I can see is that the log-jam at wing that is beginning to form can let you deal some young, talented but excess assets there and turn them into a C.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The biggest surprise for me this season has been the play of Jacob Larsson. He’s been steady and I really didn’t expect that from him this season at all

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

The center depth especially still needs to be re-tooled over the next few seasons. Getz is still a legitimate top line center, sure, but will be be that after 2-3 years? Kesler is already declining, Rico might become an expansion casualty. We have good prospects in San Diego, they could take over some of those roles -- IMO we still lack that elite individual though...

Aberg and Sprong, fair enough. But you can't deny the obvious talent both have. Aberg was claimed off waivers and has not been overmatched as a top-6 winger. Sprong has a talent very few possess-for a D prospect who was being passed by others in our system. As for Dotchin, who cares if he's a third pairing guy? Ducks got him for nothing and he fills a needed role. I guess what I'm saying is that what BM has done is preferable to what many have asked for-just bring up all the kids, ready or not. Ducks are lacking a second center, but who has everything? Our D, goalies, and wing depth are excellent and young for the most part.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Aberg and Sprong, fair enough. But you can't deny the obvious talent both have. Aberg was claimed off waivers and has not been overmatched as a top-6 winger. Sprong has a talent very few possess-for a D prospect who was being passed by others in our system. As for Dotchin, who cares if he's a third pairing guy? Ducks got him for nothing and he fills a needed role. I guess what I'm saying is that what BM has done is preferable to what many have asked for-just bring up all the kids, ready or not. Ducks are lacking a second center, but who has everything? Our D, goalies, and wing depth are excellent and young for the most part.
Also, keep in mind that the likely best case scenario for the picks you’d be getting for the players everyone wants to trade is for an Aberg/Sprong, just where they were 3-4 years ago.

Reactions: Exit Dose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad