Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Maybe Schlemko?
It looks like the options would be Schlemko, Benn, Kulak, Reilly, or Ouellet. Schlemko is the only one signed past this season, which I would prefer to avoid, personally. I guess I wouldn't mind giving Ouellet or Reilly a shot, but I don't think we really need any of them.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It looks like the options would be Schlemko, Benn, Kulak, Reilly, or Ouellet. Schlemko is the only one signed past this season, which I would prefer to avoid, personally. I guess I wouldn't mind giving Ouellet or Reilly a shot, but I don't think we really need any of them.
I wouldn’t hate Schlemko if Montreal retained. Good enough to play bottom pair, wouldn’t be the worst second pair fill in if there were injuries, and would be a great 7 next year in place of BM signing crappy defensemen.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
For what’s its worth, the insider trading guys on TSN said Murray has made it known he wants a LHD. Seems kinda odd to me.

Our scouts have apparently been spotted at a Sens-Habs game. According to Dreger, this isn't the first time.

There was a TSN video last night talking about us scouting the Habs and Canes for a LHD.

I doubt Murray is looking to add a D with much salary or term and likely not looking for someone with less than a few years of experience unless they are already proven NHLers and have some upside worth giving up a good asset. I could be wrong but my hunch is that he wants a safe veteran guy who can play a 3rd pairing role to allow us to keep Mahura and possibly Larsson in San Diego, but who could play a 2nd pairing role in a pinch without looking lost.

Habs: Schlemko, Benn could work. I don't really see the point in trading for any of their other LD

Canes: no clue...maybe they are looking to move Fluery to make room for Bean but this wouldn't fit the criteria. If they are scouting Fluery it would obviously be a bigger trade because that is not a depth move at all. TVR would work as a depth player but hes a righty. De Haan could be a fit but would require a contract going back and that is a pretty big salary for a guy who would play 3rd pairing once Fowler is healthy. Maybe something around Cogs + or Silf for De Haan could work if Carolina is trying to add a veteran defensive-minded forward.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I doubt Murray is looking to add a D with much salary or term and likely not looking for someone with less than a few years of experience unless they are already proven NHLers and have some upside worth giving up a good asset. I could be wrong but my hunch is that he wants a safe veteran guy who can play a 3rd pairing role to allow us to keep Mahura and possibly Larsson in San Diego, but who could play a 2nd pairing role in a pinch without looking lost.

Habs: Schlemko, Benn could work. I don't really see the point in trading for any of their other LD

Canes: no clue...maybe they are looking to move Fluery to make room for Bean but this wouldn't fit the criteria. If they are scouting Fluery it would obviously be a bigger trade because that is not a depth move at all. TVR would work as a depth player but hes a righty. De Haan could be a fit but would require a contract going back and that is a pretty big salary for a guy who would play 3rd pairing once Fowler is healthy. Maybe something around Cogs + or Silf for De Haan could work if Carolina is trying to add a veteran defensive-minded forward.
In the TSN video i mentioned they said the Canes were looking for a top 6 forward after missing out on Nylander. Silf could be a target for them, but I don't know what the return from them would be. Would rather move Silf for a 1st instead of a LHD, but that's just me.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Jordie Benn is atrocious. Incredibly slow and a turnover machine. Schenn is twice the player. I really, really hope we don't go after Benn.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The thing I've heard about Benn is that he can't be called upon to do anything more than be a bottom-pairing D. He absolutely crumples if his time isn't managed.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
In the TSN video i mentioned they said the Canes were looking for a top 6 forward after missing out on Nylander. Silf could be a target for them, but I don't know what the return from them would be. Would rather move Silf for a 1st instead of a LHD, but that's just me.

Me too but I wouldn't hate the move. De Haan is a good player on a good contract and he's in the right age range I think Murray is targeting. Having him on the team might free Murray up to move Fowler at some point over the next few years too which is something I suspect he will do eventually.

Would not mind moving Silf for a 1st though and trading a much lesser asset to Montreal for Schlemko if all Murray is after is a decent depth guy.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
yeah having someone in Fowler's absence makes sense, but since Larsson has played well enough, I'm surprised there's much of a desire. Though maybe they were exaggerating the level of urgency.

When I saw the headline in the tweet; that was my first thought was well. We're thin on left shot forwards.

I doubt it. Never mind Fowler's NTC too.
Doesn’t Fowler only have a 5 team NTC? If someone could post his contract terms in here, that would be a help

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Jordie Benn is not what we need. That would just be the 2019 version of Bryan Allen. Our toughness on the backend is fine with Manson and Dotchin (and Schenn if you need him)

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Jordie Benn is not what we need. That would just be the 2019 version of Bryan Allen. Our toughness on the backend is fine with Manson and Dotchin (and Schenn if you need him)

Lindholm too. No need to sacrifice talent for more physical presence, especially with the way the game is played now.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Stephens confirmed its 4 teams he can't be traded too. IE he can be traded to 26 other teams without having to waive his NTC.
Good bye Cam, love you as a human being, but anytime you have to get physical you get hurt because it doesn’t match who you are( and being in the west that doesn’t fit our team) also your contract is expensive .

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
How does Fowler not fit in a team that is trying to get faster? He's probably one of the best skaters in the league :laugh:

Reactions: Beretta 390

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Stephens confirmed its 4 teams he can't be traded too. IE he can be traded to 26 other teams without having to waive his NTC.

There's a lot of conflicting info floating around. I really don't know what to believe...

According to CapFriendly, Fowler has a 4-team trade list (can only be traded to 4 teams). Here's Cogliano's 6-team no trade clause for reference.

In an earlier article, Stephens wrote that Fowler has a 4-team no trade clause:
Fowler’s contract contains a limited no-trade clause, with four unknown teams believed to be on it.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
So, if I'm keeping up, Murray is currently looking for another left-D and another scoring forward? :huh:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So, if I'm keeping up, Murray is currently looking for another left-D and another scoring forward? :huh:

The left D thing could be a bit blown out of proportion, simply could be a third pairing or even a 7th guy to keep Welinski and Mahura in San Diego, maybe Larsson as well. I think that would jive with them apparently looking at Montreal(Schlemko, Benn, Kulak, Reilly) and Carolina(????, not a lot makes sense here).

Scoring forward obviously makes sense but with him wanting to add more youth to the lineup, and things already being a bit crowded, that's more interesting. I really don't know who would even be a potential target there, and given what we have coming up, you probably cant even make assumptions based on position or which way they shoot, it could be just about anything.

Reactions: Getzmonster

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
The left D thing could be a bit blown out of proportion, simply could be a third pairing or even a 7th guy to keep Welinski and Mahura in San Diego, maybe Larsson as well. I think that would jive with them apparently looking at Montreal(Schlemko, Benn, Kulak, Reilly) and Carolina(????, not a lot makes sense here).
Exactly this. With Fowler's return on the horizon and San Diego bleeding goals, it makes no sense [developmentally] to scratch any of Mahura, Larsson, or Welinski on a nightly basis in Anaheim. I have no idea why Welinski is riding the pine when he could at least be playing in SD and one of Sustr/Schenn recalled.

Frankly, Welinski has no future in Anaheim IMO. Unless one of Manson, Montour, or Dotchin aren't in GMBM's longterm plans, I expect Welinski to be traded before next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad