Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Because I believe Puljujärvi still has a lot of upside, despite Edmonton mismanaging him. The guy wasn't a 4th overall pick for nothing...

EDM is not apparently planning on playing him, Larsson (or Welinski/Pettersson) could give them another Dman that they need. We pay a reasonable price so that we get to test Puljujärvi's upside. Win-win?

Title says rumors but OP isn’t a rumor. Weird.

Well, you're right in the sense that Spector isn't explicitly claiming that Puljujärvi is available. However, given the fact that they're currently wasting a top-5 draft pick by not playing him, I think the writing is on the wall.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Because I believe Puljujärvi still has a lot of upside, despite Edmonton mismanaging him. The guy wasn't a 4th overall pick for nothing...

EDM is not apparently planning on playing him, Larsson (or Welinski/Pettersson) could give them another Dman that they need. We pay a reasonable price so that we get to test Puljujärvi's upside. Win-win?
Granted the roster is a little ambiguous at the moment, but wouldn't he be AHL bound if we traded for him? Even with untapped potential, he doesn't seem particularly NHL-ready.

Reactions: Getz2perry

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I can’t really comment on Pulju’s nhl readiness, but most of our team is looking like they’re not nhl ready

Reactions: ScarTroy

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As much as Edmonton seems intent on ruining his development and having him sit in the press box every night I still don’t think they give him up for Larsson, he still has more value than a guy with at best second pairing upside.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I also don't think Larsson is enough, plus I don't think Edmonton will do a division trade with him. I'd like to add him of course. I greatly they will ask for Terry or Steel.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Puljujärvi is a player I’d love to have but with Edmonton being in the division, we would probably have to overpay. Wouldn’t mind giving up Pettersson+ for him

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Mentions Sprong on block and they randomly say Anaheim

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
They didn't say that they heard anything about us. He just threw the name out there. I don't see why Sprong would be someone that we're rushing out to get. More rookie forwards doesn't seem like something a team like ours would be going after in general.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I wouldn't say no to Silfverberg for Sprong + Pittsburgh's 2018 1st. HFPens posters consider this fair value for both teams and I'm inclined to agree.

Looking at last season's trade deadline to gauge how much Silfverberg would bring back in a trade, should he be traded around then..

As a maximum: Tatar, who brought back a 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, 2021 3rd
Deal in between: Kane, who brought back a 2019 1st, 2020 4th, prospect
Deal in between: Stastny, who brought back a 2018 1st, 2020 4th, prospect
As a minimum: Maroon, who brought back a 2019 3rd, prospect

Just some food for thought..

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
Nothing too groundbreaking, but Elliotte Friedman was just on Sportsnet talking about the GM meetings and he mentioned that the Ducks are looking to shake things up in terms of trade

So I guess once we make a trade Carlyle will get another 10-15 games

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Nothing too groundbreaking, but Elliotte Friedman was just on Sportsnet talking about the GM meetings and he mentioned that the Ducks are looking to shake things up in terms of trade

So I guess once we make a trade Carlyle will get another 10-15 games

Trading has always been Murray’s way of shaking things up. It’s too bad because it’s glaringly obvious that coaching is the issue. This team has a great goalie, a good young D and is deep as it has been in a while up front. But the system is broken and the locker room needs a new voice.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't say no to Silfverberg for Sprong + Pittsburgh's 2018 1st. HFPens posters consider this fair value for both teams and I'm inclined to agree.

Looking at last season's trade deadline to gauge how much Silfverberg would bring back in a trade, should he be traded around then..

As a maximum: Tatar, who brought back a 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, 2021 3rd
Deal in between: Kane, who brought back a 2019 1st, 2020 4th, prospect
Deal in between: Stastny, who brought back a 2018 1st, 2020 4th, prospect
As a minimum: Maroon, who brought back a 2019 3rd, prospect

Just some food for thought..
If silf got 1st and sprong… id move him right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Trading has always been Murray’s way of shaking things up. It’s too bad because it’s glaringly obvious that coaching is the issue. This team has a great goalie, a good young D and is deep as it has been in a while up front. But the system is broken and the locker room needs a new voice.

Agreed.... coach/system is horrible... and really brings out the worst in the players/team... id wait to do anything drastic until we see what the team looks like under a new coach.

Unfortunately I think a trade will come 1st... but hopefully nothing too crazy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id drive him to Pittsburgh for that.
That is great value for someone we likely have little to no chance to sign.

Sprong should become a pure scorer at the NHL level, I don't think he is ready yet but hed be a great player to put alongside Getzlaf/Steel.

And honestly I don't trust Pitt as a team this year... and I think that pick could land between 10-20 range... which is really good haul for silf.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sprong off season skill workout videos are ridicolous

Oct 18, 2011
Murray will not fire Randy bc that will acknowledge this whole last 6 months was a complete miscalculation

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Someone needs to pull the plug on Murray before he dares to make a trade to “shake things up” before seeing what this roster can do with a different coach. No clue why he’s so blindly loyal to RC especially since there’s basically zero chance he’s coaching past this season.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sprong would have zero success in the Western conference, he can't even hack it in the east

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sprong would have zero success in the Western conference, he can't even hack it in the east

That's a bold statement IMO. Could certainly end up being right, but I would not yet say that he's not able to play in Anaheim.

Look at Sprong's ice time stats, the guy is basically getting 4th line minutes there, no wonder he hasn't found success yet. Plus, Sprong's AHL stats are really good, so it's not like he lacks upside.

If we're trading UFA Silf for Sprong and a 2019 1st, it's a no-brainer for me. We lose a quality roster player (that we most likely can't re-sign), but we gain a lot in the immediate future. Even if Sprong's potential isn't realized and he "can't even hack it", we still have that 2019 1st rounder in hand. IMO no matter which way one looks that this, this is a very good deal for us.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That's a bold statement IMO. Could certainly end up being right, but I would not yet say that he's not able to play in Anaheim.

Look at Sprong's ice time stats, the guy is basically getting 4th line minutes there, no wonder he hasn't found success yet. Plus, Sprong's AHL stats are really good, so it's not like he lacks upside.

If we're trading UFA Silf for Sprong and a 2019 1st, it's a no-brainer for me. We lose a quality roster player (that we most likely can't re-sign), but we gain a lot in the immediate future. Even if Sprong's potential isn't realized and he "can't even hack it", we still have that 2019 1st rounder in hand. IMO no matter which way one looks that this, this is a very good deal for us.
I would do the trade too, but I haven't liked Sprong's game much since going back to his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad