Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Silf will be moved at the trade deadline barring some sustained showing of being a cup contender. One thing I do not question is BM's ability to recognize when to move an uncontrolled asset for futures that we can control

Reactions: Getz2perry

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Silf will be moved at the trade deadline barring some sustained showing of being a cup contender. One thing I do not question is BM's ability to recognize when to move an uncontrolled asset for futures that we can control

I agree with this...makes too much sense and he alluded to having "options" at RW prior to the start of the season. By the end of the year I think RW will look like Perry-Aberg-Terry-Rowney with Silverberg traded for draft picks/prospects.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I agree with this...makes too much sense and he alluded to having "options" at RW prior to the start of the season. By the end of the year I think RW will look like Perry-Aberg-Terry-Rowney with Silverberg traded for draft picks/prospects.
Rowney? who's slotting in as our 4C then?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Terry needs to stay in the AHL for the season. No sense in bringing him up.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Would like leivo over sherwood, but I think LA will be the team who gets him. Maybe Edmonton as well.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I wouldn't expect him to be called up until February but he will have earned it if he continues to play like he has.
His success in the AHL is great, but he looked horribly out matched in the nhl. Give him the full season in SD, and an offseason to get bigger. No reason to rush him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
For what’s its worth, the insider trading guys on TSN said Murray has made it known he wants a LHD. Seems kinda odd to me.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
For what’s its worth, the insider trading guys on TSN said Murray has made it known he wants a LHD. Seems kinda odd to me.

Think Lebrun also mentioned it a while ago. It makes sense with fowler being out but once he’s healthy Larsson is a perfectly good 3rd pairing guy.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Not odd if he’s decides that Fowler and his weak af play needs to go( Knowing Bob he wants a more physical Dman coming back at half the price Fowler is cuz he knows everyone else can step up to fill the gap)

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Think Lebrun also mentioned it a while ago. It makes sense with fowler being out but once he’s healthy Larsson is a perfectly good 3rd pairing guy.

Agreed. I don't see why adding a LHD should be a priority. The team seems to be doing just fine as is.

The full Dreger-LeBrun discussion here (4:07 onwards).

To summarize, Dreger says we're looking for "worst case a 3rd pairing guy, left shot" to fill a specific need. He also says we've scouted Montreal (yuck, stay away from there) and Carolina (??) this season, but doesn't think there's a connection yet.

There are a couple of instances where this would make some sense to me:
  • Fowler is out for a long time and Bob wants to get a veteran Dman to bump Larsson/Mahura (probably Mahura) back to San Diego. Maybe Bob doesn't want to have two "rookies" on the left side, plus this move would also help San Diego's defensive woes that can no longer be fixed with veterans (Schenn, Sustr, Oleksy already take a bunch of AHL veteran spots). This trade would hopefully be something along the lines of a rental guy for a 4th/5th/6th (stay away from bad players, bad contracts and/or overpayments, Bob!).
  • Bob is looking for a young-ish Dman to re-gain some of the system depth that was lost in the Pettersson trade, also to help San Diego. This Dman would most likely be waiver exempt and would compete against Mahura for the 3rd pairing role. In this instance, think something along the lines of Silf to Carolina for Fleury/Bean and a pick (I'd rather just have a first rounder, TBH).

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

yeah having someone in Fowler's absence makes sense, but since Larsson has played well enough, I'm surprised there's much of a desire. Though maybe they were exaggerating the level of urgency.

Maybe they heard wrong and it was "i want more LSD"

When I saw the headline in the tweet; that was my first thought was well. We're thin on left shot forwards.

Not odd if he’s decides that Fowler and his weak af play needs to go( Knowing Bob he wants a more physical Dman coming back at half the price Fowler is cuz he knows everyone else can step up to fill the gap)

I doubt it. Never mind Fowler's NTC too.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
With Anaheim reportedly scouting Montreal, perhaps we claim Ouellet off waivers? He's a youngish LHD who could at the very worst send one of Welinski/Mahura down to San Diego.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
With Anaheim reportedly scouting Montreal, perhaps we claim Ouellet off waivers? He's a youngish LHD who could at the very worst send one of Welinski/Mahura down to San Diego.

This would definitely be a Bob thing to do.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

He'd have to make it past about 20 teams before the Ducks would get a shot at him including the waiver vacuum cleaner that is LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->