Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Still think JBB is seeing what other teams do before deciding to make a move. Should be a interesting build up to the deadline.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don’t think teams will have much interest in Erne with the price of taking Callahan . Erne is nothing more then a 4th liner not going to become a top 6

Winnipeg traded Armia who was an RFA as well, roughly the same age, had a better pedigree (13th overall to 33rd), produced a bit better (0.322 ppg to 0.22) and added two draft picks (7th and 4th) to rid themselves of Masin. Masin caphit was 4.1 to Callahan 5.8 but Masin was immediately bought out while Callahan could still play. Armia had more production and offensive potential but neither have top 6 hopes. So Armia is the better add on but Masin the worse anchor, think the picks could be the same or make the 7th a 6th and take back a contract that's under 2mil or retain 1mil.

Or we can just trade Erne for a 3rd and use that 3rd to trade Callahan at full cost hopefully.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
McQuaid makes a lot of sense to me. Depth defenseman for a long playoff run. He becomes number 7/8 and Rutta 9. That’s solid depth amd you never know it may be needed.

If the price was negligible, then fine, but a 3rd is too much for a guy who's unlikely to play more than a handful of games, especially in a draft where we're gonna be short on picks anyway.

It's debatable whether or not McQuaid is better than Girardi. But we've played Girardi with Hedman most of the year, and we're getting away with it. I don't see that being the case if we tried it with McQuaid. I think he'd get exposed almost as much as Sustr. He can only play a bottom pairing role, and we have better guys doing that right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Still think JBB is seeing what other teams do before deciding to make a move. Should be a interesting build up to the deadline.

I don't see us making "response" type moves. We're so far ahead of the field right now that it's not really an arms race.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I don't see us making "response" type moves. We're so far ahead of the field right now that it's not really an arms race.

Never a bad thing to see if we can get someone else In, yes we are ahead but that doesn’t mean anything when it comes the to the play offs. If we sign someone who will contribute getting us the cup then I am all for it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Never a bad thing to see if we can get someone else In, yes we are ahead but that doesn’t mean anything when it comes the to the play offs. If we sign someone who will contribute getting us the cup then I am all for it.

Yeah, I agree with that. I just don't think Boston picking up Player X is going to make us be like, "Well, we've gotta do something. We're only 20 points ahead of them and dominated them in last year's playoffs. Guess we've gotta pay up for Simmonds."

I just don't think we'll make that kind of deal. If a deal makes sense, it'll make sense regardless of what other teams are doing, IMO. Right now I'm not seeing anything.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I think JB continues the SFY tradition of not picking up rentals at the trade deadline. Any rental that would make a major difference would probably cost too much, and risk disturbing the well oiled machine we have now. I think we stand pat at the TD, but there will b e significant changes in the off season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The thing is... Ottawa is going to need a veteran to put around all of these young guys. They're going to end up as Oilers v. 2.

Can't believe how shitty that org is being run.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
The thing is... Ottawa is going to need a veteran to put around all of these young guys. They're going to end up as Oilers v. 2.

Can't believe how ****ty that org is being run.
We have a veteran they can have ;)
230px-Ryan_Callahan_2_2014-03-22.jpg

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I just don't see Tampa doing anything of consequence. They'd still be favorites against anyone in the East. If Stone goes out West, we're sitting pretty.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Ruuta in the minors and 7 strong at the NHL level is better depth than any team in the league. I can't see us making a deal. We can't accommodate every possible nightmare scenario with redundancy

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Point?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

To be honest, I don't want neither Risto nor McQuaid...
Eh - Risto has some promise. Don't know myself - he's still pretty young, and it'd be interesting to see how he'd do when he wasn't being asked to be *the* guy. But we'd have to have a Dman and some money going the other way.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Eh - Risto has some promise. Don't know myself - he's still pretty young, and it'd be interesting to see how he'd do when he wasn't being asked to be *the* guy. But we'd have to have a Dman and some money going the other way.
For me, Risto can stay in Buffalo for life xD xD
Without any doubt and problem. I think that our roster is perfect: we don't need any trade. Maybe Panarin and/or Stone could be useful but we'll live also without them

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
this came out of the blue so where is this first being discussed and why wont it go away when it wasnt discussed by the NAMES who have credibility....

will say this im in shock how silent today is... I figured today would be deal day and would do more then tomorrow but its quiet like a church out there nothing eniment however you spell it lol... is QUIET
Yes, it's a quiet day in the NHL: the last trade is the Zuccarello one...about 17 hours ago...

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
For me, Risto can stay in Buffalo for life xD xD
Without any doubt and problem. I think that our roster is perfect: we don't need any trade. Maybe Panarin and/or Stone could be useful but we'll live also without them
I mean - we have one RD under contract for next season, so this is one of those "hockey trades" rather than a pure rental.

Like I said - I think it'd be intriguing. Risto has a good shot and can play physical. He can't move the puck particularly well, but seeing him on a good defensive unit properly slotted instead of as a shutdown #1 (which is way over his head) is intriguing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
risto is terrible another thing funniest thing is news out of buffalo is for POINT i mean my gawd where does this shiot get started... is some clown doing same thing that the repub did on ocasio green thing men got to piss in jugs and put in sun or where the sun dont shine lmfao

UNREAL anyway I got nothing as far as risto

and yes his stats own zone his turnovers are legit TERRIBLE we talking scary bad worse then anyone on our team... is not plus minus which would hurt anyones head its the turnovers in own zone steals or bad passes he is legit one of worst in league is a number one haha

joe smith just took a message via cooper thinking we are DOING NADDA after his response myself nothing nothing nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad