Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
one issue karlsson IS COMING lol bank it my friend i have.... is just the rest is a little up in air why i said maybe we looking at nelson at 825 for this year and next he would make sense for sixth man righty if we gonna keep foote down for sure another year

i also got point 3 years 7milly or less and straws maybe even a year by year but i think 3 years 4 milly or less

The only think I'm banking on is Karlsson banking 10-12 million from somebody else. We don't even really need him right now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we really are scouting Buffalo it's probably Bogosian and Pominville for Callahan + Coburn + ? Callahan and Bogosian have another year left with Bogosian being 650k cheaper. Pominville is a strong vet who could upgrade the bottom 6. Coburn goes since Girardi has a full NTC and Buffalo flips him for a 3rd +. So the question is what do we add since Callahan and Bogosian are kinda a wash but Pominville probably has a bit more rental value than Coburn. Not a 1st or 2nd more, maybe a 3rd or Dennis Yan type.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If we really are scouting Buffalo it's probably Bogosian and Pominville for Callahan + Coburn + ? Callahan and Bogosian have another year left with Bogosian being 650k cheaper. Pominville is a strong vet who could upgrade the bottom 6. Coburn goes since Girardi has a full NTC and Buffalo flips him for a 3rd +. So the question is what do we add since Callahan and Bogosian are kinda a wash but Pominville probably has a bit more rental value than Coburn. Not a 1st or 2nd more, maybe a 3rd or Dennis Yan type.
This is going to sound weird, but...

Bogo doesn't suck. He'd definitely be a third pair upgrade on Girardi/Coburn.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This is going to sound weird, but...

Bogo doesn't suck. He'd definitely be a third pair upgrade on Girardi/Coburn.

Bogosian has been better this year since he’s the healthiest he’s been...but I want to put the caveat on that he’s played a lot with Dahlin and every metric says Dahlin is making everyone on the ice better when he’s out there already.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I was just talking about how much I hate Risto the other day but this makes a lot of sense. We love our athletic freaks on the blueline.

Reactions: DFC

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I was just talking about how much I hate Risto the other day but this makes a lot of sense. We love our athletic freaks on the blueline.
Ya but lol it’s going to cost us point and two first rounders lol according to the buffalo fans and rumors lol ! This whole thing is just probably where Callahan and his salary gets dumped to and we get a bottom defenseman like Nelson back

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I would like the acquisition of Risto, but I won't pretend to be an expert on Buffalo Sabres' players. I know he is polarizing and his advanced numbers are apparently very bad, but it seems like the much friendlier situation here would iron out a lot of his issues.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ya but lol it’s going to cost us point and two first rounders lol according to the buffalo fans and rumors lol ! This whole thing is just probably where Callahan and his salary gets dumped to and we get a bottom defenseman like Nelson back

If they take Callahan, we're talking a massive deal. I think we're going to hang on to Cally for the playoff run.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Callahan going there makes a lot of sense too. We would need to pay quite a bit in futures to make it work though.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The thought of trading Point is nonsense but the tweet suggests TB gets 2 1st rounders, not the other way around

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Eklund says we're working on something"very significant" with Buffalo lol. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the random ass Twitter account saying they want Point lol

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The thought of trading Point is nonsense but the tweet suggests TB gets 2 1st rounders, not the other way around

That tweet is garbage.

I'm wondering what kind of value ABB has right now, and whether or not we'd be willing to part with him. I kind of think we would, in the right deal.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
That tweet is garbage.

I'm wondering what kind of value ABB has right now, and whether or not we'd be willing to part with him. I kind of think we would, in the right deal.
We should. I mean I know you need value producers in the future but the kid was free for us. If we can pump and dump, we should

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
this guy changed the offer when first put it up buffalo insider was point cally and two firsts from us for middlestadt and risto
now is point and cally for risto and middlestadt plus buffalo two firsts lol guess he got hammered by fans or just made a mistake in first place

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We should. I mean I know you need value producers in the future but the kid was free for us. If we can pump and dump, we should

I don't even think it's pump and dump. I think it's more that he's likely to be a very good player in a position where we already have a lot of very good players. So we'd be dealing from a position of strength to address a weakness, even if, long-term, the value favors the other side.

I'm not sure on this one. He's outperformed so many of our rookie pros in recent years that it gives me pause. At the same time, that's what could give him enough value to actually get a deal done.

Reactions: Bolt 45

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I totally agree with this take, from ESPN:

Which team is going to 'win' this year's deadline?

Dimitri Filipovic, hockey analytics writer: The Tampa Bay Lightning. They've already made their big moves, and now they get to sit back and watch the teams chasing them frantically scramble around to try to do something just to enter the same stratosphere as them. I'm generally a proponent of getting your work done early, so that you're not stuck having to pay exorbitant prices out of sheer desperation on deadline day. As much as I like certain other teams and the players they could get, I don't really see a realistic trade that could happen between now and Monday that would push Tampa Bay out of pole position heading into the postseason.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The Risto rumor is interesting. He's young and he'd make us a bit tougher to play against. No way we give up Point though. That'd be absurd.

I suppose I'd be okay with ABB going to Buffalo, but I honestly have no idea how he projects as an NHL prospect. Something about the way he's playing kind of suggests that he could be our next Point/Cirelli/Joseph-type surprise rookie eye-opener, although at this point the roster's probably getting a little jammed.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Man...I just can't see us giving up Point. Dude is our #1 C, best two way player and our future

I'm kinda nervous with all these rumours :laugh:

Point is an elite #1C. You don't trade those for anything. He pops up in rumors because word has yet to REALLY get out how good he is. It'd be like saying, "Florida is deciding whether or not to trade Barkov for this guy who'd play on their 3rd pair." It's not even worth stressing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad