Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think we stand pat too. However I wouldnt be surprised to see some teams want to trade with us. We have shown our ability to develop these players. Could see some teams wanting some of our prospects.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think we stand pat too. However I wouldnt be surprised to see some teams want to trade with us. We have shown our ability to develop these players. Could see some teams wanting some of our prospects.
That's not usually how it goes. Sellers put their guys on the trading block and the buyers start the negotiations. Of course it can happen the other way around as well but it's less common.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I would not mind trading a top young prospect forward for a top young prospect defenseman if we can find a team to do a deal with get another young upcoming defenseman

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That's not usually how it goes. Sellers put their guys on the trading block and the buyers start the negotiations. Of course it can happen the other way around as well but it's less common.

I was just thinking with the success we have been having. Wouldnt surprise me if it happened the other way.

Reactions: JoVel

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
prospect for prospect trades rarely happen, but if it did, probably something we'd see in the offseason. Right now, we wouldn't be positioning ourselves for anything other than immediate improvements.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yea if Washington and the Bruins both get big upgrades do we still stand pat?

I think we'll be really reactionary.

Ultimately I think TB has a better team than any team in the league could assemble this season through the deadline (barring one team getting both Stone and Duchene, which seems insane) so I wouldn't be as bummed to see us sit on our hands at the deadline as I would have been last season.

If teams in the East start loading up though, I think you have to at least make an attempt to upgrade in whatever way JBB feels we need. If big players start moving West and there isn't much happening for the East, then you probably just keep your assets.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
McKenzie saying deal is possibly with the Kings.

Lewis and Clifford would be good pickups.

McKenzie saying they're looking for depth. Bet it'll be Hagelin.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yea if Washington and the Bruins both get big upgrades do we still stand pat?
Washington doesn't have the space to make a big move. They'll do a depth move, and we shouldn't react to that.

The Bruins are interesting, because they might be in on Panarin or Stone. That's the type of move that could give us a bit of pause, but I don't really know what we do in response to that. The hope should be that CBJ decides to hang on to Panarin for a playoff run, but I'm almost worried we disabused them of the notion that they could make a run by whipping them. If they end up with a Simmonds or Johansson type? Meh, no need to worry.

Even then - what deal is there? Martinez from La? Tanev from Vancouver? Who else makes sense?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Washington doesn't have the space to make a big move. They'll do a depth move, and we shouldn't react to that.

The Bruins are interesting, because they might be in on Panarin or Stone. That's the type of move that could give us a bit of pause, but I don't really know what we do in response to that. The hope should be that CBJ decides to hang on to Panarin for a playoff run, but I'm almost worried we disabused them of the notion that they could make a run by whipping them. If they end up with a Simmonds or Johansson type? Meh, no need to worry.

Even then - what deal is there? Martinez from La? Tanev from Vancouver? Who else makes sense?

I really dont know. I still dont think we do anything but the thought occurred to me about other teams making big moves. Could cause us to do something.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I really dont know. I still dont think we do anything but the thought occurred to me about other teams making big moves. Could cause us to do something.
Certainly defensible. I'm just saying the only thing that should tempt a response is one of those two. Anything less is just a shrug. Most guys getting dealt are basically replacement level players.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Certainly defensible. I'm just saying the only thing that should tempt a response is one of those two. Anything less is just a shrug. Most guys getting dealt are basically replacement level players.
Personally, I think any and all moves at the TDL will make our front office simply shrug. Don't think there are moves out there to be made to make us react hastily. I may be a little over-confident but I don't really feel any other team in the league is just one guy away from beating us in a series... even if that guy is a Stone, Duchene, or Panarin.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Boston spent quite a bit on Rick Nash last year. Stone/Panarin will command a pretty high price will they pull the trigger again?

The McD/Miller trade is really starting to pay off in year 2 for us.
Boston is in a weird spot. Some of their guys are really old in NHL years - Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, and Chara aren't getting any younger. On the other side, Pasta and McAvoy are young. Do you build around them going forward or take your shot now? Tough call to make.

It really shines a light on how bad their '15 draft was, though. They could have their 1C of the future and other key pieces locked in to make their decisions easier - instead they went off the board with three straight picks.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Boston is in a weird spot. Some of their guys are really old in NHL years - Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, and Chara aren't getting any younger. On the other side, Pasta and McAvoy are young. Do you build around them going forward or take your shot now? Tough call to make.

It really shines a light on how bad their '15 draft was, though. They could have their 1C of the future and other key pieces locked in to make their decisions easier - instead they went off the board with three straight picks.

Holy cow, just looked that up. Had they taken the following 3 picks that's franchise changing, Barzal, Connor and Chabot? wow, they did in 1 year what Tampa did in 3.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
They'd be right there with us as Cup Favorites if they don't make those picks.

Yeah -to have that core flanked by those 3 on ELC's..... what a botched draft.

If I were them at this point I'd just go in with what you have they aren't big enough favorites to mortgage the future. If it fails just re-toll with the youth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Think the Caps are targeting Hagelin, he's done well in the East in the playoffs before. They also might be interested in Martinez to strengthen their D. Could see them moving Burakovsky and Bowey + for those two. Decent additions if it happens but nothing I'd be too worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad