Line Combos: 2018-2019 Starting Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Here's how I see the cap for 18-19 (do I have Morrissey too low? (I'm assuming a bridge deal)):

upload_2018-7-12_15-27-17.png

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Here's how I see the cap for 18-19 (do I have Morrissey too low? (I'm assuming a bridge deal)):

View attachment 129765

You can cut a million off Poolman's deal and distribute it between Trouba and Lowry. Morrissey's number is about right for a two year deal, it's the same amount Trouba got.

It probably comes down to three options: 1) bridge Morrissey, or 2) risk a bonus overage (ehh), or 3) trade a guy, probably Myers (yay!) or Perreault (nay!).

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I forgot about potential performance bonuses, which capfriendly.com pegs at about $3.7 million. WOW - that only leaves about $1M in cap space. That is tight! I could see another cap casualty getting traded this off-season. Myers would be perfect for a low budget team like the Senators, with his high cap hit and much lower actual salary. Once Sens trade EK65 .....

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

View attachment 129765

Poolman stands out to me, he shouldn't get a penny over his qualifying offer as he hasn't proven anything yet at the NHL level.

Tanev also seems a tad high at 1.3 million

Morrissey is fine for a bridge, but if you have that much cap space available you might as well bite the bullet and link him long term. There should be room even with the bonuses.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Poolman stands out to me, he shouldn't get a penny over his qualifying offer as he hasn't proven anything yet at the NHL level.

Tanev also seems a tad high at 1.3 million

Morrissey is fine for a bridge, but if you have that much cap space available you might as well bite the bullet and link him long term. There should be room even with the bonuses.

I’m betting he signs at 5.5m for 8 years, that would interestingly give him 44m for a fair market value similar to how Hellebuyck is making 37m total for his fair market value. Just a hunch.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
In all honesty I don’t think any team could match that lineup mostly because of that 3rd line(having low quality pairings or tired high qaulity matchups against pretty much the fastest line in the league), I’m sure coaches would pull there hair out going against a lineup like this.
Exactly!

Pure feast!

So much speed, it is almost
unfair to the other teams.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Unfortunately Stone is unrealistic but it would be cool to see a Vesalainen replace him in that lineup.
It worked for KC, so im all for giving the rookie a spot on the 1st line, with two seasoned vets.

Seems like it could be a very good strategy to use.

Reactions: Flair Hay

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
And yes, Stone would be cool, as he is a homeboy, but yeah, unrealistic.

The Sens are broken enough as it is:laugh:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
No major hole in this lineup, still a bit concerned about the backup job though maybe Kari Lehtonen on a try out?

Gawd no. Kari Lehtonen is Ondrej Pavelec, spelled differently.

Let Brossoit and Comrie fight it out in TC with an eye on other camps and their situations. Brossoit was good with a good Oiler team and bad with a bad Oiler team.

Since we are going to be the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions Brossoit should be fine.

It's so nice being 16 or 17 forwards deep and 9 defenceman deep rather than having to fill roster spots from the WW as was once our norm.

GoJetsGo.

Can't wait to thump the Kings on opening night.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic goes from development guy number (#52) to roster number (#28). He's going to be a key player this year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Roslovic goes from development guy number (#52) to roster number (#28). He's going to be a key player this year.
If Petan can take next step him and Roslo provide us with so many different opportunities. I think both will be key to Jets top 9 this year. Petans season last year with the Moose was under appreciated, he looked great when I saw him play. I will add after playing most of season before in NHL he didn't go down and pout this year, he dominated and played at a point per game pace. He's far ahead of Appleton imo, and I think Mason benefited from playing with Petan. I hope he comes into camp on fire and gets in every game.

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon and Whileee

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Petan can take next step him and Roslo provide us with so many different opportunities. I think both will be key to Jets top 9 this year. Petans season last year with the Moose was under appreciated, he looked great when I saw him play. I hope he comes into camp on fire and gets in every game.
Completely agree. I'd really like to see Petan get a chance in the top 9. He might be a good option with Scheifele and Wheeler, but I doubt Maurice would use him there because I think he'll still try to run that line against top lines.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Petan Scheif Wheels
Connor Roslo Laine
Ehlers Little Perreault

So many options everywhere! You can switch almost any of the wingers.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Petan makes the starting lineup...

Perreault Scheifele Laine
Petan Little Wheeler
Connor Roslovic Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev

If he doesn't, add Vaseline...

Perreault Scheifele Laine
Vaseline Little Wheeler
Connor Roslovic Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev

With a trade for Staal...

Laine Scheif Little
Perreault Staal Wheeler
Connor Roslovic Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev
If you can't match Lowry's line against their #1 line, you match Staal's line. He also more than makes up for Armia's loss on the PK. Roslo's line should do very well against other team's matchups.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Vesalainen Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
MP Roslovic Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev

I actually really like that. So much better then the likely start Maurice will roll with. We need 3 solid scoring lines, spread out. Wheeler with Little and split up Laine and Ehlers is key IMO. Your lines also open up a lot and shelter Roslo at C. Which people tend to forget when asking for a Roslo with Ehlers and Laine line that will get us torn apart. Either Vesalainen or Petan take that spot IMO. Petan is vastly overrated around here. But it is a battle between those 2 as the best bets. Now if we roll with how Maurice likely will Dano may be a better bet for a lower end role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad