Hendrick
Enstrom
Armia

Will be graduating

Niku
Roslovic
Petan

With Vesailanen and Appleton as call ups

Roslovic and Petan skills hope they play with skilled players now.
Which they will i believe as

Copp Lowry Tanev as shut down unit is set.

Morrow is basically equal to enstrom at enstrom at enstrom output the last 2 years. Morrow probably have more offense.

Niku is the wild card here

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Man, I'm really excited Petan will (hopefully) finally get a good shot with the Jets this year. He's been criminally misused and just because he hasn't produced on some pretty awful lines, he's been relegated to the AHL time after time.

I think he'll be great on the PP half wall, I always like to call him Nicklas Backstrom lite in regards to the PP, they are very similar and effective.

Also I hope it's not wishful thinking that Niku will play for the Jets this year. He's already better than Chiarot/Morrow/Kulikov. Having another offensive minded defenseman that isn't Myers on the PP would be a god send. Is another year in the AHL, where he already dominated, really going to do him any good?

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Laine scheif wheeler
Perreault little Ehlers
Connor Roslo Petan
Copp Lowry Tanev

Jmo troub
Kuli buff
Morrow Myers
Nice, but maybe...

19-55-26
81-52-29
85-18-27
9-17-13

Spreads out the offense nicely.

Main problem might be that 55-26 have a tendency to get hemmed in their own zone against top lines. In that case, you could consider flipping Perreault and Petan, depending on matchups.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think if you build off last year:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
This line can play against any line

Ehlers-Little-Laine
Little isn't the playmaker or the physical presence that Stastny was, but he is better defensively and equally good in the draw.

Tanev-Lowry-Copp
Defensive aces, relied upon in the defensive zone, to move the puck to the offensive zone.

Perreault-Petan-Roslovic
Two speedy and tenacious wingers with a centre who distributes the puck well.

Dano is #13, can play either wing.

Roslovic could move up with Lowry's line, knocking Copp down. Could play centre if Petan struggles. Or as an injury replacement. Perreault is the spark plug that gets bumped up if someone isn't firing on all cylinders.

Morrow-Buff
Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Myers

Chiarot and Poolman rotate in.

I think you will see more Myers-Buff. Especially 4 on 4. And in critical situations, so that there is a true top 4 to rely upon.

Hellebuyck
Brossoit/Comrie (good TC battle)

Lemieux is a 1st call up.

Veselainen, Appleton, Spacek, Harkins develop. As do Niku and Nogier.

PP1
Wheeler
Scheifele
Connor (net, and winning loose pucks)
Laine
Buff

Pp2
Little
Petan
Perreault
Ehlers
Myers

Pk1
Lowry-Tanev
Morrissey-Trouba

PK2
Copp-Roslovic
Myers-Buff

PK3
Scheifele-Wheeler

Little and Kulikov as extras.

Would not mind seeing Jannik Hansen get a tryout, and possibly a two-way contract.

Or seeing Lipon steal a spot.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
We were a top team in the league before we got Statsny last year. I doubt Mo will change anything other than what he has to. I think we will start with the same top 6 as last year. The only line that will have changes is the 3rd.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Perreault Roslovic/Petan/Copp
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Niku/Morrow Buff
Kulikov Myers

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
We were a top team in the league before we got Statsny last year. I doubt Mo will change anything other than what he has to. I think we will start with the same top 6 as last year. The only line that will have changes is the 3rd.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Perreault Roslovic/Petan/Copp
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Niku/Morrow Buff
Kulikov Myers

Good point. I'd like to see this at some point tho.
Laine Scheif Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
Perreault Roslo Petan
Copp Lowry Tanev

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
At this point I think we should just go with what we've got. Maybe add a more proven backup tender if we can find one that makes sense.

I really like:

Connor Scheif Wheeler - Line is dominant 5 on 5.
Perreault Little Ehlers - Small sample size but did really well for a bit when Scheif went down. problem was no other line was going so they had to be split up.
Laine Roslovic Petan - sheltered with O-zone starts until they prove they can play D. Petan sauce passes to Laine on his off wing for the one-timer all day.
Copp Lowry Tanev - shut down line.
Dano

That's a really strong looking forward group with Vesalainen, Appleton, Lemeiux as injury call-ups.

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Buff
Kulikov Myers
Chiarot Morrow

Poolman as an injury call up for a RHD. Needs the minutes to be ready to step in on the 3rd pair next season when Myers walks so we can't have him sitting as a healthy scratch all year. He's also waiver exempt one more year so we don't risk losing Chiarot or Morrow who will potentially be needed if Kulikov's back flares up and/or Niku isn't ready.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
19-55-26
60% Corsi
55% goals

81-55-26
51% Corsi
55% Goals

Didn't they only play one game together :p.

But I did quite like how Petan looked that game.

Hmm so if you shelter Petan do you run this as the rest of your forwards:

Perrault Little Ehlers

Conner Roslovic Laine

Some interesting potential combos.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I’m sure the sample sizes are similar...

Didn't say they were. Nor did I project them to be consistent past that point.

That said, it says something that IMO most of hockey doesn't pay enough attention with:
Diminishing returns on placing multiple good players on the same line

Provided that 2 best players on the line are both good AND work well with each other, *AND* the third player isn't just dog ****, who the third player is isn't as big of a deal.

X with Scheifele and Wheeler doesn't differ too much regardless of who is playing there, provided they are really good.

As a general example:
If you have two choices, the 2nd best available player would be better than the 1st best available player. The higher line won't be much better one way or the other, but the lower line, where the better player is more likely to be a driving of the line, is likely better off with the best available player.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I could see the season starting like this for the forwards
Ehlers/Scheif/Wheeler
Perreault/Petan/Laine
Connor/Little/Roslovic
Copp/Lowry/Tanev
Lemieux

Reactions: ulf

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
19-55-26
playmaker, shooter, playmaker/shooter
85-18-29
wrecks havoc,playmaker, finnisher
81-52-27
speedster/shooter, playmaker, see Connor
9-17-13
forechecker,beast,Tasmanian Devil on Meth

Not realistic, but I’d love to see what they can do in 5 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: portamoral

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
19-55-26
playmaker, shooter, playmaker/shooter
85-18-29
wrecks havoc,playmaker, finnisher
81-52-27
speedster/shooter, playmaker, see Connor
9-17-13
forechecker/beast/Tasmanian Devil on Meth

Not realistic, but I’d love to see what they can do in 5 games.
Those are good lines. Connor Roslo would dominate together on a third line, with anyone really.
How about Roslo with Connor and Laine as a line? Talk about balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aggie204

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Roster du jour...

Petan/Little/Wheeler
Perreault/Scheif/Laine
Connor//Roslovic/Ehlers
Copp/Lowry/Tanev
Dano
JM JT
Kuli Buff
Niku Poolman
Morrow/Chiarot
Helle Comrie

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
The more I try to balance the line up the more I miss Armia,What a dumb trade Armia was so versatile still with some upside he should have been kept until we see what happens with wheelers contract.I think he is the one who should have been traded his contract will be too much money for his age.Wheeler and Little will be on our third line and a couple of years making way to much money.Wheeler should have been traded for a young center man which we badly need.

Reactions: ulf

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The more I try to balance the line up the more I miss Armia,What a dumb trade Armia was so versatile still with some upside he should have been kept until we see what happens with wheelers contract.I think he is the one who should have been traded his contract will be too much money for his age.Wheeler and Little will be on our third line and a couple of years making way to much money.Wheeler should have been traded for a young center man which we badly need.
Our time to win is now tho. The next two years.
Copp is versatile and can move up and down too, I hope Petan gets his shot on third line to show what he can do.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Both Little and Roslovic had better postseasons than Armia at RW. As top 9 wingers, which arbitration would have paid for. Armia plateaued. He is not going to get PP time, with the development of players we already have. All of Petan, Lemieux, Dano and Lowry may get time. Little can kill penalties very well. He was a real battler in the playoffs. Roslovic has a future in the PK. 5 on 5 Armia is a replaceable player. With s dearth of LWs Maurice can always play Ehlers at RW, Little, or Roslovic in the top 9. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Micheal Ferland will be a mid season acquisition.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I'd like to see them try something like this with the following pairs:
Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Attachments

• Dashboard_1 (1).PNG
    Dashboard_1 (1).PNG
    470.4 KB · Views: 15

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I am pretty excited to see what Roslovic can bring, which ever line he ends up on. He reminds me of Little, but better, by the way he compliments his linemates.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm not sure what the line combos will be for next year but it's fun to speculate.
One thing that I know for sure and a lot of people in this thread seem to forget is that Paul Maurice absolutely loves Adam Lowry.
There is no way that he will be playing 4th line, less than 10 min a night.
Here is what I am imagining:
LWCRW
Patrik LaineMark ScheifeleBlake Wheeler1
Kyle ConnorBryan LittleNikolaj Ehlers2
Mathieu PerreaultAdam LowryJack Roslovic3
Brandon TanevAndrew CoppNicolas Petan4
Marko Dano
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
I'm not sure what the line combos will be for next year but it's fun to speculate.
One thing that I know for sure and a lot of people in this thread seem to forget is that Paul Maurice absolutely loves Adam Lowry.
There is no way that he will be playing 4th line, less than 10 min a night.
Here is what I am imagining:
LWCRW
Patrik LaineMark ScheifeleBlake Wheeler1
Kyle ConnorBryan LittleNikolaj Ehlers2
Mathieu PerreaultAdam LowryJack Roslovic3
Brandon TanevAndrew CoppNicolas Petan4
Marko Dano
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I think Lowry is loved as a shutdown centre. Most people are listing him as "4th line" just because that is the line that is already a given, with our two best shutdown wingers in Copp and Tanev. Putting Perreault or Roslovic with Lowry sort of just defeats the purpose of all three players IMO.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
No concerns about the lineup in front of Helly
Just worried about backup goaltending in case Helly gets injuried or cant hold up the fort for some reason. I don’t have any confidence in Comrie or Brossoit Would have prefer Jet acquire experience backup for a year Chad Johnson or Robin Lehner would be available for about 1.6 for only one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad