Line Combos: 2018-2019 Starting Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
I forgot all about Cole.
I wonder how much he would sign for and if he would sign a two year deal?

He would be looking a little more long term...I read an article that said he'd be willing to stay in Columbus for the right contract.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Remove Myrers insert Poolman.

Poolman is such a question mark to me, but I would imagine they'd like to keep him.

I want to see Laine up with Scheifele and Wheeler, but that's not happening. Plus I've seen Connor and Ehlers together and know they can play so beautifully.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Poolman is such a question mark to me, but I would imagine they'd like to keep him.

I want to see Laine up with Scheifele and Wheeler, but that's not happening. Plus I've seen Connor and Ehlers together and know they can play so beautifully.

Poolman is much better defensively than Myers.

There's also some room for growth in his game with more minutes and a bigger role. We know what Myers is and thats guy who's horrible in his own end and provides a little offence.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Poolman is much better defensively than Myers.

There's also some room for growth in his game with more minutes and a bigger role. We know what Myers is and thats guy who's horrible in his own end and provides a little offence.

And yet I do agree. But Maurice is going to trust Myers as he's a veteran. It's not up to me to decide!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think as far as the top six/nine go, there are two very different styles of players. We have cyclers of Sheif, Wheeler, Little, MP (and Connor has been turned into one). Then we have the creative types of Laine, Ehlers, Roslovic.

Cycling works for Schief and Wheeler and Little mostly I think. That's their game. I would be disappointed to see Ehlers, Laine or Roslovic have their creativity taken away and turned into cyclers.

There is still lots of talk about defensive issues with some of the young guys. I think Laine is as good as anyone defensively now, and probably will be better than most next year. Ehlers still likes the blind/risky passes in our end, but he can backcheck like a madman.Roslovic, I'm not sure of.

I think a line of Laine (on his preferred side), Roslovic and Ehlers (on his preferred side) could do very well if given a chance. It might take some games of being sheltered, but I could see how it could work. I think that line would spend a lot of time in the offensive zone.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think as far as the top six/nine go, there are two very different styles of players. We have cyclers of Sheif, Wheeler, Little, MP (and Connor has been turned into one). Then we have the creative types of Laine, Ehlers, Roslovic.

Cycling works for Schief and Wheeler and Little mostly I think. That's their game. I would be disappointed to see Ehlers, Laine or Roslovic have their creativity taken away and turned into cyclers.

There is still lots of talk about defensive issues with some of the young guys. I think Laine is as good as anyone defensively now, and probably will be better than most next year. Ehlers still likes the blind/risky passes in our end, but he can backcheck like a madman.Roslovic, I'm not sure of.

I think a line of Laine (on his preferred side), Roslovic and Ehlers (on his preferred side) could do very well if given a chance. It might take some games of being sheltered, but I could see how it could work. I think that line would spend a lot of time in the offensive zone.

Good summery. Chef i would argue is apt at playing both types of games which is why he can work really well with both.

I would play him with Laine and I would move Wheeler to play with Little.

Ehlers can play well with Little but both need to to have a forechecker to win back possesson.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I'm not going to go too in depth with my contributions (yet), but I'd be interested in seeing the Rosie/KC combo. I'm not sure if it translates to the NHL, but they fed off each other well with the Moose. Grooming Roslovic for the PK would be great, even if it's just in pre-season for now.

I'd love to see Little & Wheeler reunited - Schief will be great with any winger. I suspect Little is okay with a defensive role and not getting the offensive numbers last year since he just signed the new contract, so maybe that combo is more for my ego as a fan to prove that Little still has the goods. It was an off year but nothing makes me think he can't bounce back.

Stats is a great guy and Thinkers don't lose their contribution value very quickly, so I wouldn't be against signing him. There's a lot to be said for Winnipeg when you're a family man.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Good summery. Chef i would argue is apt at playing both types of games which is why he can work really well with both.

I would play him with Laine and I would move Wheeler to play with Little.

Ehlers can play well with Little but both need to to have a forechecker to win back possesson.

Yes, you're correct about Scheif, he has the ability to play both types of games. Really underscores how good the guy is.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm not going to go too in depth with my contributions (yet), but I'd be interested in seeing the Rosie/KC combo. I'm not sure if it translates to the NHL, but they fed off each other well with the Moose. Grooming Roslovic for the PK would be great, even if it's just in pre-season for now.

I'd love to see Little & Wheeler reunited - Schief will be great with any winger. I suspect Little is okay with a defensive role and not getting the offensive numbers last year since he just signed the new contract, so maybe that combo is more for my ego as a fan to prove that Little still has the goods. It was an off year but nothing makes me think he can't bounce back.

Stats is a great guy and Thinkers don't lose their contribution value very quickly, so I wouldn't be against signing him. There's a lot to be said for Winnipeg when you're a family man.

Mentioning KC/Rosolvic, whenever they were on the ice together in the past season (which wasn't often), I clearly remember posting here that it was magic. Definitely worth a look again this coming year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
KC Roslo Ehlers would probably be a good 3rd socring line.

MP Scheif Laine
Vaseline Little Wheeler
KC Roslo Ehlers
Copper Lowry Armia
Tanev Petan

Which of our top 3 lines would they home in on? Probably Scheif's which leaves Little's and Roslo's less of a checking line to deal with?
Spread the wealth and keep the top 6 TOI down a bit from last season.
Helle for sure shouldn't play as many games as he did. Mason should play at least 25 games.
I don't think it is as important to finish first as it is to be in the playoffs and healthy and rested and I don't mean sitting a couple of players for one game a couple of games before the season ends.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
KC Roslo Ehlers would probably be a good 3rd socring line.

MP Scheif Laine
Vaseline Little Wheeler
KC Roslo Ehlers
Copper Lowry Armia
Tanev Petan

Which of our top 3 lines would they home in on? Probably Scheif's which leaves Little's and Roslo's less of a checking line to deal with?
Spread the wealth and keep the top 6 TOI down a bit from last season.
Helle for sure shouldn't play as many games as he did. Mason should p lay at leas 25 games.
I don't think it is as important to finish first as it is to be in the playoffs and healthy and rested and I don't mean sitting a couple of players for one game a couple of games before the season ends.
I doubt if Vas plays before we have already moved on from Perrault as they want to keep him cheap as long as possible. I also doubt Perrault plays top line over Ehlers or KC or that they suddenly decide to switch wings that Ehlers is on. Also, I imagine that by the time K-Ves is on the team they will have moved Armia or Perrault for salary cap purposes and will keep Tanev on the 4th line because he is cheap.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The time is now.
Keep the best players you can for next season and worry about the cap next off season.
I'd even keep Myers for another year if we could afford him.

Reactions: ocdaddy and DRW204

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Ill wait until after July 1st..

But ill guarantee

Connor Scheif Wheeler is a thing

Copp Lowry Tanev could be also but i think Lemieux might just make the team out of camp

There are way 2 many variables right now to guess..

So Ducky... Your original post? Did we trade Myers for a sack of shit?

Connor Roslo should be a thing also. Mad chemistry there.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
If Vesalainin comes over I think it will be to play for the Moose (at least to start)

Id like to see
1st line - Connor/Ehlers Scheif Laine - first line for now and future, figure out the top 6 LW postion in training camp (who of Connor and Ehlers fits better on 1st or 2nd line).

2nd line - Connor/Ehlers Little Wheeler - Little and Wheeler have had success together in the past, Wheelers #s might take a hit (back to the 70-75 pt range) but should lift Little up to the 50-55 pt range we are used to.

3rd line - Perreault Roslovic Armia - Perreault and Armia with their strong 2 way games protect Roslovic. Im not sure Roslo will be a C in the NHL (PoMo seems to see him as a RW) but if we are going to try him this is a good situation to have him in, 2 strong C above him (with Lowrys line taking most of the D zone draws/starts) + 2 strong checking players who are always active on his wings.

4th line - Copp Lowry Tanev - Am I expecting Tanev from the playoffs? No but he is a decent 4th liner that hits everything in sight. Shouldnt cost too much to resign (preferrably 1 year deal, 2 at most so we dont block young guys. If he prices himself out we try Petan or Lemeuix).
Petan, Lemeuix as spares

Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Morrow/Chariot/Niku Poolman
Whoever doesnt make it as spares.

Hopefully trade Myers for a 1st this year or 2/3 C. If Domi can play C i think he might be a target, if not, no interest. We have enough W depth.

I think Little will be fine if we break up the ELL line, put him back with Wheeler who he has played with in the past and had success.

2nd and 3rd LD is where alot of it is up in the air to me. Not sure how healthy Kulikov is, depends if we bring back Morrow and if they trade Myers. Could see Niku with Buff but I prefer a steady partner/Vet for Buff since he likes to go for skates and pinch alot.

Hendricks retires and become some kind of coach/advisor/mentor with the organization (I think he would be good with Moose/young players in some sort of developmental role/coach)

Reactions: Moon Man

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don’t see Maurice breaking up x-Scheifele-Wheeler. We were a 110 pt team prior to Stastny and had injuries to our top RHD, and 1 and 3C. I’d like to see Little away from Laine though.

Laine-Scheif-Wheeler
Connor/MP-Little-Ehlers
Connor/MP-Roslovic-Armia
CLT
Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Buff
Kulikov-Myers

Now, if Armia’s looking for 2M+ I move on from him and give Lemieux a look. I also think Vesalainen could flirt with a spot by the end of the year.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Chevy has accumulated an absurd number of assets so this summer will be interesting. Myers is one of the biggest questions. There are lots of teams that can use an offensive defenseman, and with Statsny likely gone the the Jets need a dependable center.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No they wouldn’t. They’d struggle immensely defensively unless Ros and KC take a huge step forward.
To be honest, I'm not sure they'd be necessarily the weakest links defensively with Wheeler. He's terrific from his blue line out, but he has some struggles in his own zone. I think Roslovic will be good in his zone quite quickly.

Reactions: Duke749

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ehlers - Scheif - Laine
Perro - Little - Wheels
Farmboy - Rosie - Vesa
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Armia

MoJo - Trouba
Kulikov - Buff
Niku - Poolman
Chiarot, Morrow

Hellebuyck
Khudobin

This is my ideal lineup and if a lot of things go right.

Forwards:
Vesalainen surprises in camp and earns a spot. Rosie is eased into a very sheltered line of himself, Veslainen and Connor to get his feet wet at center. As the season goes on and we see how he performs then he could work his way up to tougher minutes while Little moves down. Armia platoons with Copp/Tanev for a 4th line spot depending on whose playing better. Petan and Dano will be out in order to keep more of our non-waiver dmen.

Defencemen:
Myers is traded for futures. Niku earns a spot out of camp. Chiarot and Morrow are PB injury boys and fill ins for rest days.

Goaltenders:
Mason is miraculously moved and we sign Khudobin to play 25-30 games and make sure we keep Helle's work load down, especially once we already have a playoff spot locked up. Comrie stays in the AHL for one more year.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Anyone who expects the 3rd line center to be anyone but Lowry will be disappointed. Lowry deserves this spot. He had an amazing season apart from injuries.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Anyone who expects the 3rd line center to be anyone but Lowry will be disappointed. Lowry deserves this spot. He had an amazing season apart from injuries.

Depends what you mean by third line. He will likely have the exact same role no matter what the game sheet says

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ehlers - Scheif - Laine
Perro - Little - Wheels
Farmboy - Rosie - Vesa
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Armia

MoJo - Trouba
Kulikov - Buff
Niku - Poolman
Chiarot, Morrow

Hellebuyck
Khudobin

This is my ideal lineup and if a lot of things go right.

Forwards:
Vesalainen surprises in camp and earns a spot. Rosie is eased into a very sheltered line of himself, Veslainen and Connor to get his feet wet at center. As the season goes on and we see how he performs then he could work his way up to tougher minutes while Little moves down. Armia platoons with Copp/Tanev for a 4th line spot depending on whose playing better. Petan and Dano will be out in order to keep more of our non-waiver dmen.

Defencemen:
Myers is traded for futures. Niku earns a spot out of camp. Chiarot and Morrow are PB injury boys and fill ins for rest days.

Goaltenders:
Mason is miraculously moved and we sign Khudobin to play 25-30 games and make sure we keep Helle's work load down, especially once we already have a playoff spot locked up. Comrie stays in the AHL for one more year.

Nice lineup. I have a hard time seeing the Jets m use up a year on Ves's ELC before they have to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad