2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part III

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nashville and the Jets could actually fall back from their top spots in the division if they aren't careful. They're just a couple of games ahead of the Blues and us and have a more difficult remaining schedule . Preds also have 2 less games left than everyone else .

Also that Minny schedule is brutal as hell .

Last edited:

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
How big of an impact on Stars would you guys say that Heiskanen has had?

Just look at his ice time -- 30th in the league in TOI. Then consider that despite that being completely absurd for a teenager, Stars fans do not consider top 4 defense to be a hole in the roster.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Just look at his ice time -- 30th in the league in TOI. Then consider that despite that being completely absurd for a teenager, Stars fans do not consider top 4 defense to be a hole in the roster.
Especially considering the injury to Johns and him being out the entire year. If Heiskanen hadn't become a top 4 dman from game 1 the Stars would've been in trouble. Also too bad we haven't gotten to see a Heiskanen-Johns pair.

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I haven’t been able to watch many games this year but can someone tell me why he is last on our team in (+-) with (-11). Is it hardest assignment and mostly D-zone starts? Next closest D is oleksiak at (-1)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I haven’t been able to watch many games this year but can someone tell me why he is last on our team in (+-) with (-11). Is it hardest assignment and mostly D-zone starts? Next closest D is oleksiak at (-1)

Probably more to do with him rarely getting minutes with prime offensive producers. The forwards on the ice with him simply aren’t producing much.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

At the end of that stretch of games where Klingberg is out, the Stars had a terrible road trip right before he came back. In the 4 games before Klingberg came back, Heiskanen went from a +0 to a -8 and the Stars gave up 16 goals in 4 games. He never recovered his +/- from those games. Best part is, this was also his best stretch of the season offensively. He out produced every other Star during a span of around 10 games (he had 9 points during that span) right before Klingberg came back. So basically he was the only Star producing at this time and was being relied on for nearly all of the offense while the team got demolished and broke down defensively for a bit and of course, gave up empty net goals I would assume.

Also, to add to this, he's been on the ice for a ton of empty net goals against as well. This team just f***ing sucks with the goalie pulled. Stars have given up 16 empty net goals against this season which is the most in the league. Just the other day he went -2 against Vegas. Both were empty net goals against and had nothing to do with him. He's had some rough luck at times.

Reactions: hairylikebear

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Holy shit what a lucky bounce

Edit: actually looks like it went off the side of the boards, not behind the net. I was so confused for a sec. Still appears to curve into the goal

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

Do2wgkOXoAEVwoK.jpg:large

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas is 8-2-1 in there last 11 against the Central. Wow, didnt know we were doing that well within the division

Also 5-1 in the last 6 on the road

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The last two games remind us that whenever the Stars have a little hot run, they usually follow it with a cool one, i.e., they really aren't much better than a .500 team and still haven't learned what it takes to win consistently.

That said, it was a nice comeback to tie, and the LV game had loss written all over it due to schedule. I guess hope springs eternal, but FLA is on a bit of a hot streak, COL is desperate and PIT is well, PIT. If we think we are something special and don't play hard, we could tank the season with a winless home stand. Razor noted we were only about .500 at home after Xmas. And, we know how they play on the road.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's incredibly important the Stars don't fall behind in games especially not on bad goals given up by either the goalie or the defense. WIth how much trouble the team has scoring goals they can't give up dumb goals.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad