Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Can anyone else see Marody, Benson and Mcleod in the lineup next season? And Bouchard + Jones on D?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Can anyone else see Marody, Benson and Mcleod in the lineup next season? And Bouchard + Jones on D?

Marody needs to work on his skating, McLeod is a guy that I'd like to give at least a year in the AHL to work on offense before he gets pidgeonholed into a checking center due to his size and speed.

IMO Jones-Bouchard will be our 3rd pairing to start next season.

Reactions: SOilers

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Marody needs to work on his skating, McLeod is a guy that I'd like to give at least a year in the AHL to work on offense before he gets pidgeonholed into a checking center due to his size and speed.

IMO Jones-Bouchard will be our 3rd pairing to start next season.

I agree, especially with how things are looking in Bako I would definitely want him down there next season. But I can see our staff and management rushing him like you said.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I agree, especially with how things are looking in Bako I would definitely want him down there next season. But I can see our staff and management rushing him like you said.

Adding Maksimov, McLeod, and a healthy Safin would bolster our team even more. Then add in guys like Samorukov, Persson, etc. and suddenly we have a damn good farm team.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Adding Maksimov, McLeod, and a healthy Safin would bolster our team even more. Then add in guys like Samorukov, Persson, etc. and suddenly we have a damn good farm team.

Yup and Woodcroft seems to be doing well coaching them. That would be a top tier AHL team.

Jones - Bouchard would be an interesting bottom pairing. But with a healthy Klef, Lars, Nurse and Russel I could see them doing well. Ala the Flames bottom pairing of Valimaki/Kylington - Andersson.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yup and Woodcroft seems to be doing well coaching them. That would be a top tier AHL team.

Jones - Bouchard would be an interesting bottom pairing. But with a healthy Klef, Lars, Nurse and Russel I could see them doing well. Ala the Flames bottom pairing of Valimaki/Kylington - Andersson.

That's just it, they'd be insulated and allowed to play their games.

LJellySlam

Dec 30, 2017
Don’t watch much OHL but looking at the stats looks like maksimov took a big step up this year including 3rd in OHL pp goals. Pretty excited to have a potentionally elite first shot scorer in the system. Anyone have any insight into his game this year? Is he legit? NHL comparables? Major holes?

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Don’t watch much OHL but looking at the stats looks like maksimov took a big step up this year including 3rd in OHL pp goals. Pretty excited to have a potentionally elite first shot scorer in the system. Anyone have any insight into his game this year? Is he legit? NHL comparables? Major holes?

Elite shot, good passer, physical, and his 2-way game has come a long way.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ryan McLeod had no points, a shot, won 6 of 17 faceoffs and was even, as the Spirit haunted the Frontenacs 7-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Jan. 25/19 – SAG (7) – KGN (1) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had a goal and an assist, 3 shots, was +3 and named first star, as the Storm soaked the Attack 6-1.
Jan. 25/19 – OS (1) – GUE (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had a goal, 3 shots and was +2, as the Knights knocked the Spitfires off their steeds 7-0.
Jan. 25/19 – WSR (0) – LDN (7) – Ontario Hockey League

Olivier Rodrique (L 27-8-0) made 25 saves, but the Huskies tore a strip off the Voltigeurs 3-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Rouyn-Noranda wins the war of giants ! Huskies 3 Voltigeurs 2 – QMJHL

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

I'm an Ice Dogs season ticket holder. His game has been improving every year. There are still things to work on, like his boneheaded penalties in the offensive zone, and I still question if his game can translate well at the NHL level, but based on where we drafted him, he's a heck of a prospect! I'm excited to see how he transitions to the AHL next season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm an Ice Dogs season ticket holder. His game has been improving every year. There are still things to work on, like his boneheaded penalties in the offensive zone, and I still question if his game can translate well at the NHL level, but based on where we drafted him, he's a heck of a prospect! I'm excited to see how he transitions to the AHL next season.

What's his skating like? He's never come across as a speedster in rookie games by my eye.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Have to keep it fresh. Just imagine typing the same line over and over again.

@dem

I for one really appreciate what Oilers ‘72 does on here. I live in NS so it’s great to know how are other prospects are doing out there and to see what we have. When I open up HF Boards, I always read his blogs. He does an excellent job! Keep up the great work !
Hopefully Saifin is playing today so I can generate a blog after the Mooseheads game

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
@dem

I for one really appreciate what Oilers ‘72 does on here. I live in NS so it’s great to know how are other prospects are doing out there and to see what we have. When I open up HF Boards, I always read his blogs. He does an excellent job! Keep up the great work !
Hopefully Saifin is playing today so I can generate a blog after the Mooseheads game
Agreed. It’s nice to have the updates of all our prospects in one place.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
No report today folks for Saifin. Still injured

I don’t like Halifax’s chances at Memorial Cup. I think Management thought Zadina was coming back and Saifin will be a no show. There is 2 important players there

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
What's his skating like? He's never come across as a speedster in rookie games by my eye.

I need to start paying more attention to his first step, because that is probably where he is still lagging for his skillset to thrive in the NHL. Once he gets going, he's pretty quick. Especially when he has control in the O-zone. Very quick and strong on his edges when he weaves through people.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Here at game in Halifax

Fella for Halifax named Raphael Lavoie looks really good. It’s his draft year and could be available when the Oilers pick

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
BDD70422-F4DE-4923-A5A8-503B717E63A0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad