Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Jason Robertson making Maksimov look straight pedestrian..

28points in 12 games for the IceDogs

His first game with the Ice Dogs was Nov 23. And while he has had 8 goals and 28 points in 12 games since his first game in Niagara Maksimov has had 17 goals and 35 points in 20 games. So its not like Maximov has done nothing.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Drummondville made a stew out the Sea Dogs 9-2. Olivier Rodrique had the night off.

Kirill Maksimv had 2 assists, 2 shots and was +3, as the IceDogs left the Bulldogs out in the bush 10-0.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Jan. 17/19 – HAM (0) – NIAG (10) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, a shot and was even, as the Storm scattered the Petes 5-3.
Jan. 17/19 – GUE (5) – PBO (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had 2 assists, 8 shots and was +1, but the Colts kicked up against the Knights 3-2.
Jan. 17/19 – LDN (2) – BAR (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: snipes

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I agree. This is why I'd love top see the Oilers take a shot at signing one of Brazeau or Felhaber. Last year I really wanted them to try and pick Mascherin. He's having a very good rookie year in the AHL. 14 goals and 28 points in 37 games. Go the volume route and hope you hit the jackpot.
I think Brazeau gets signed soon IMO. Heavy scouting presence in the building last night vs SSM and he scored a very nice PPG in the 5-1 loss. It's not often you see that many in North Bay.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Well, I do always love me some Ice Dogs talk.

Robertson is one of the best forwards in the OHL. He went from the worst team in the conference to a team where he can use his creativity, and not be the only driving force out there.

1) Yes he is putting up points at a better pace than Maksimov. Cool, its a deep team. Maksimov is a big reason why its a deep team. How good Robertson is, doesn't diminish Maksimov.

2) Robertson is a more complete player, but Makismov has more raw tools/untapped potential still.

3) Both teams got great value in their respective draft picks, and I'm benefiting as an Ice Dogs fan!

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bouchard scored and was the 1st star last night.

And love me some Maksimov! I really think he can become a James Neal-esque player. Prime Neal, that is. Not Calgary Neal.

I can't understand how people can have so many doubt right now about Bouchard when it seems like every time I check up, he's continuing to dominate.

People see a few live wjc games and think they can project a kids career.

Having an average wjc may be the best thing that could have happened to Bouchard, because people seem to have dropped their expectations of him, and he's going to blow them away.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can't understand how people can have so many doubt right now about Bouchard when it seems like every time I check up, he's continuing to dominate.

Having an average wjc may be the best thing that could have happened to Bouchard, because people seem to have dropped their expectations of him, and he's going to blow them away.

I saw a guy with a ton of poise, at least average NHL level strength with good passing ability and a good shot at the NHL level. The only improvements would come from more explosive skating and experience. Only one of those things is within his control. Like every young defenseman there will be growing pains but the tools to be a damn good player are there.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

I don't know how to feel about small sample sizes, notable the WJC. If a player dominates, that's something to take note of. If a player is really exposed, that's something to take note of. Then again, Puljujarvi dominated the WJC did he not? I think he has/had a high ceiling but the Oilers curbed that to an extent. I'm sure there have been players who have been 'exposed' but went on to have great careers.

Was Bouchard even exposed? I think I caught one game near the end of the tournament (which he was fine in), but my impression was if anything he was mildy disappointing.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don't know how to feel about small sample sizes, notable the WJC. If a player dominates, that's something to take note of. If a player is really exposed, that's something to take note of. Then again, Puljujarvi dominated the WJC did he not? I think he has/had a high ceiling but the Oilers curbed that to an extent. I'm sure there have been players who have been 'exposed' but went on to have great careers.

Was Bouchard even exposed? I think I caught one game near the end of the tournament (which he was fine in), but my impression was if anything he was mildy disappointing.

The WJC is nice because it's a best on best competition, so it can be really exciting when your teams prospect dominates the competition, but it's also a dangerously small sample size, on a team with a new coach, new teammates, and a lack of time to get used to a real system. It's one thing to be excited or disappointed with someones showing, but to completely write these prospects off like some appear to be doing is insane, especially when they're regularly dominating their peers outside of those few games.

Also Bouchard was absolutely not exposed, he just didn't dominate like some expected. Obviously he and the rest of Canada could have been much better, but I wouldn't say they were all bad, they just weren't the best.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I saw a guy with a ton of poise, at least average NHL level strength with good passing ability and a good shot at the NHL level. The only improvements would come from more explosive skating and experience. Only one of those things is within his control. Like every young defenseman there will be growing pains but the tools to be a damn good player are there.

Exactly. This kid has everything going for him right now. The only thing he appears to lack is elite skating, which isn't to say he's bad at skating, he's well above CHL average imo, but that's going to be pretty average once he hits the NHL. Fortunately, skating is something that can not only be worked on, but also overcome when you posses offensive instincts and hockey sense like bouchard does.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
3 games today plus one non-prospect game on TV.

QMJHL
Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Sherbrooke @ 2 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Flint at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Erie at Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) @ 5 PM
Listen at 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Calgary at Edmonton @ 1:30 PM on Sportsnet 1, Sportnet 360 and Sportsnet (jip)

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Saturday, Olivier Rodrique (W 27-7-0) made 37 saves and was named third star, as the Voltigeurs stepped on the Phoenix 76-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Veleno scores twice again! Voltigeurs 6 Phoenix 1 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had no points, 6 shots, took a coincidental roughing call and was -1, as the IceDogs cooled downed the Firebirds 7-2.
Jan. 19/19 – FLNT (2) – NIAG (7) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an assist, 2 shots, won 11 of 16 faceoffs and was +2, as the Spirit out-friskied the Otters 6-2.
Jan. 19/19 – ER (2) – SAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

On Sunday, Kirill Maksimov had a PP goal, 6 shots and was +1, as the IceDogs kept their cool through the Storm 4-3. Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, 4 shots and was even.
Jan. 20/19 – NIAG (4) – GUE (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had a SHG, 5 shots, got called for high sticking and cross-checking, was +1 and named third star, but the Battalion out-flanked the Knights 4-3 in OT.
Jan. 20/19 – LDN (3) – NB (4) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had no points, a shot, won 4 of 8 faceoffs, served 2 for hooking and was even, as the Spirit partied down the Spitfires 4-1.
Jan. 20/19 – WSR (1) – SAG (4) – Ontario Hockey League

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Oil Kings' Josh Williams suits up for Team Orr to face fellow OK Matthew Robertson and Team Cherry at the Top Prospects game at the Enmax Centrium in Red Deer @ 8 PM
Watch it live on Sportsnet West, Ontario and East, Sportsnet 1 and Sportsnet 360

Sportsnet Preview: 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game – WHL Network
The Captains – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Dach rolls into Red Deer as CHL’s top-ranked prospect – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Bloodlines run deep in 24th annual showcase – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Sport Testing Combine Showcases On and Off Ice Strengths – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
GALLERY: Prospects push to the max in physical testing – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
GALLERY: Top Prospects arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Dir. of NHL Central Scouting – Dan Marr – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Orr roster:
Meet Team Orr – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Orr roster for the 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game – Edmonton Oil Kings
Team Orr’s OHL stars arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Orr’s QMJHL stars arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Orr’s WHL stars arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Cherry roster:
Meet Team Cherry – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Cherry roster for the 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game – Edmonton Oil Kings
Team Cherry’s OHL stars arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Cherry’s QMJHL stars arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
Team Cherry’s WHL stars arrive in Red Deer – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game

Reactions: belair

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
3 games tonight in the OHL and one non-prospect game on TV.

OHL

Erie at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) at Peterborough @ 5 PM

London (Evan Bouchard) at Windsor @ 5 PM
Listen at 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Prince Albert at Vancouver @ 8:30 PM
Watch it live on Sportsnet, Sportsnet 1 and Sportsnet 360

Reactions: snipes

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Can’t ignore Benson. AHL rookie leading the Condors in scoring. With 3 assists last night he now has 34 points in 40 games. A very solid season.

Reactions: A91

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Logan Day just crushing all expectations. Who saw this kid coming on strong?

Also, Benson absolutely slaying it right now.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kirill Maksimov had a goal (his 200th OHL point), 3 shots and was even, as the IceDogs put the bite into the Otters 6-3.
Jan. 24/19 – ER (3) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an assist, no shots, won 12 of 20 faceoffs and was -1, as the Spirit switched the name tags of the Petes around 5-4.
Jan. 24/19 – SAG (5) – PBO (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had 2 assists, 4 shots, was +2 and named third star, as the Knights lanced the fuselage of the Spitfires 7-3.
Jan. 24/19 – LDN (7) – WSR (3) – Ontario Hockey League

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Kirill Maksimov had a goal (his 200th OHL point), 3 shots and was even, as the IceDogs put the bite into the Otters 6-3.
Jan. 24/19 – ER (3) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an assist, no shots, won 12 of 20 faceoffs and was -1, as the Spirit switched the name tags of the Petes around 5-4.
Jan. 24/19 – SAG (5) – PBO (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had 2 assists, 4 shots, was +2 and named third star, as the Knights lanced the fuselage of the Spitfires 7-3.
Jan. 24/19 – LDN (7) – WSR (3) – Ontario Hockey League

I can't believe you write these... every time

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
4 games tonight.

OHL

Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) at Kingston @ 5 PM

Owen Sound at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live