Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Bouchard with 2 assists, +1 and 8 shots in a 3-2 loss.

Samorukov with 1 assist, even +/- in a 5-3 loss.

Maksimov with 2 assists, +3, and zero PIM in a 10-0 win. Now has 59 points in 39 games. Pretty good pace.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Jason Robertson making Maksimov look straight pedestrian..

28points in 12 games for the IceDogs

North

Jun 25, 2009
Jason Robertson making Maksimov look straight pedestrian..

28points in 12 games for the IceDogs

Probably one of the reasons Robertson was picked in the second round and Maksimov was picked in the fifth round.

For a fifth round pick Maksimov is exceeding expectations so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOilers

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Draft position doesn't matter once the draft has played out. Unless you're an Oilers 1st rounder... then they play you whether you deserve the NHL job or not.

I don't care who was drafted where. 28 points in 12 games is just obscene..

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Draft position doesn't matter once the draft has played out. Unless you're an Oilers 1st rounder... then they play you whether you deserve the NHL job or not.

I'm still shaking my head at him falling to the second round.

He was one of the best players in the OHL in his draft year and he had absolutely no help on his team. 81 points in 68 games. 30 more points than the next guy. He had the highest % of his team's goals in the entire CHL for draft eligibles.

He's a good example of why you don't pass up on highly skilled guys just because they don't like to play two-way, physical hockey as an 18 year old.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Why is Robertson's production relevant to Maxsimov exceeding draft expectations? I'm confused.

Good for Dallas but how is this relevant to the Oilers and Maxsimov?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I just thought it was interesting how the new guy on the IceDogs is absolutely blowing the doors off everyone else..

I apologize if it wasn't oilery enough for you.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Robertson fell due to concerns with his skating.

Like someone else said, Maksimov is exceeding expectations as a 5th round pick. We should be happy with that. I don't get the whining that people do.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I just thought it was interesting how the new guy on the IceDogs is absolutely blowing the doors off everyone else..

You said it in relation to Maxsimov. "He's making Maxsimov look pedestrian". Ok, so?

You could have just said that Robertson is having a great season and left it at that. I don't see what this has to do with Maxsimov performing well relative to draft position.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
You said it in relation to Maxsimov. "He's making Maxsimov look pedestrian". Ok, so?

You could have just said that Robertson is having a great season and left it at that. I don't see what this has to do with Maxsimov performing well relative to draft position.

Relative to draft position means nothing..

You are either a player or you aren't.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Relative to draft position means nothing..

You are either a player or you aren't.

Of course it means something. Maxsimov is outperforming expectations as a 5th round pick. You'd expect a 2nd rounder to perform well at the junior level and have a better shot of becoming a good pro.

Again though, I'm not sure what Robertson playing well has to do with Maxsimov. It's not like the Oilers passed up Robertson to draft Maxsimov, he was drafted 3 rounds later.

Reactions: North

North

Jun 25, 2009

Kind of does in terms of skill level especially for guys this young.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Of course it means something. Maxsimov is outperforming expectations as a 5th round pick. You'd expect a 2nd rounder to perform well at the junior level and have a better shot of becoming a good pro.

Again though, I'm not sure what Robertson playing well has to do with Maxsimov. It's not like the Oilers passed up Robertson to draft Maxsimov, he was drafted 3 rounds later.

Jesus christ... what are you Maksimovs Dad? Did it personally offend you that I compared a players numbers on the same team to Maksimov?

Frickin hell.. stop reading so much into it.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Robertson isn’t one of our prospects so it definitely isn’t Oilery enough.

The other stuff you’re spouting about draft position for these guys, who are still in juniors, is straight up nonsense.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Jesus christ... what are you Maksimovs Dad? Did it personally offend you that I compared a players numbers on the same team to Maksimov?

You seem to be the one going off for no reason. If you don’t like push back, don’t start the conversation.

Reactions: McCupofOil

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

First of all, you need to relax.

All I'm trying to figure out (in a respectful manner, unlike you) is trying to figure out the correlation between Robertson playing well and Maxsimov playing well relative to draft position. A simple respectful reply will do. If you're going to fly off the handle again then don't bother replying.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
First of all, you need to relax.

All I'm trying to figure out (in a respectful manner, unlike you) is trying to figure out the correlation between Robertson playing well and Maxsimov playing well relative to draft position. A simple respectful reply will do. If you're going to fly off the handle again then don't bother replying.

I didn't bring up draft position. I don't give a shit about draft position.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I didn't bring up draft position. I don't give a **** about draft position.

Fine but you said that Robertson's production is making Maxsimov look pedestrian in comparison in an Oilers prospect thread so naturally the question is, why bring up Maxsimov looking pedestrian in relation to Robertson?

If you're claiming that Maxsimov isn't as good as Robertson, which it seems you were doing, then it's natural for somebody to say that Robertson was drafted 3 rounds higher in the same draft so he should be expected to produce more.
You would expect Yamamoto to produce more than some 4th rounder from the same draft, no?

Reactions: Glass and North

North

Jun 25, 2009
I didn't bring up draft position. I don't give a **** about draft position.

Of course you didn’t bring up draft position because it might provide context to Robertson playing better in comparison to Maksimov.

I brought up draft position. You decided that it means nothing in relation to guys who were drafted in the same year and are still in juniors.

Which is incorrect.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Doesn't really matter too much until these guys play the pros anyway. Kole Lind, taken in the 2nd round, pick #33, in the same draft as Max and Robertson scored a whopping 95 points in 58 games in his D+1 season in the WHL. In the AHL thus far, he's scored 1 goal in 32 games (6 last year, 26 thus far this year). But it's too early to make any solid determinations on these guys.

We'll see how Max transfers over to the AHL next season (and seasons after); that will matter more. But for now he's doing great in the OHL, and exceeding production expectations thus far, which is all you can ask for in a prospect. The draft is basically a lottery. Let's hope he's a winning ticket. So far, so good.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'm still shaking my head at him falling to the second round.

He was one of the best players in the OHL in his draft year and he had absolutely no help on his team. 81 points in 68 games. 30 more points than the next guy. He had the highest % of his team's goals in the entire CHL for draft eligibles.

He's a good example of why you don't pass up on highly skilled guys just because they don't like to play two-way, physical hockey as an 18 year old.
I agree. This is why I'd love top see the Oilers take a shot at signing one of Brazeau or Felhaber. Last year I really wanted them to try and pick Mascherin. He's having a very good rookie year in the AHL. 14 goals and 28 points in 37 games. Go the volume route and hope you hit the jackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad