Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid would have been better served in the AHL, like all 18 year olds. The junior rule is dumb, and its dumb for ALL players, regardless of ability. Was he ready for the NHL? Of course he was, just like a couple 18 year olds are every year. My opinion is that all 18 year olds would be better served playing in the AHL.

Drai I was wrong on, no doubt. I suppose you've never been wrong on a prospect. Considering that you apparently can't even read a post accurately, I'm guessing you've been wrong in a couple other areas as well.
McDavid would not of been better served in the AHL. Even if he was a Euro and eligible, not a single team in the league would have him on the AHL team and it wouldn't of done him any good. I don't call opinions dumb often, but that's a dumb one.

Reactions: North

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
McDavid would have been better served in the AHL, like all 18 year olds. The junior rule is dumb, and its dumb for ALL players, regardless of ability. Was he ready for the NHL? Of course he was, just like a couple 18 year olds are every year. My opinion is that all 18 year olds would be better served playing in the AHL.

Drai I was wrong on, no doubt. I suppose you've never been wrong on a prospect. Considering that you apparently can't even read a post accurately, I'm guessing you've been wrong in a couple other areas as well.
You still believe McDavid would have been better off in the AHL? He was over a ppg in his rookie season. If he hadn't played that year I'm not sure he would have won the Hart and Art Ross in his next.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I generally just don't agree with 18 year old men entering the NHL as a rule. I would rather the ones that are "too good for junior" be able to go into the AHL, and be allowed to mature as players and as individuals. McDavid was *obviously* skilled enough to play in the NHL as an 18 year old, that was never my point.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'm sorry, but what? How exactly is the AHL better for young people than the NHL? Because the clubs have fewer resources and worse travel?

Reactions: North and nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm sorry, but what? How exactly is the AHL better for young people than the NHL? Because the clubs have fewer resources and worse travel?

From the guys I know that played in the AHL it is a much less professional environment in every aspect.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Somewhere in the top 20.

It’s a TSN list. Not shocked they are underrating Bouchard.
Definitely not a top 20 prospect right now. But I wouldn't even bother trying to place him in that list. It's an absolute mess. He doesn't even have Bouchard listed as our top prospect. How Denisenko tops that list is beyond me as well.

If you're a subscriber to The Athletic, Pronman just released his list and Bouchard ranks probably in the 40s, which is more or less accurate with the concerns regarding his skating and defensive responsibilities.

Button's lists are generally ones you can ignore. He puts too much weight into small sample sizes. I don't mind him for his pre-draft banter though. He's good at picking out some of the lesser-known talent in the draft.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Having a guy like Mikey Anderson(who made the list because he was the USA's captain at the WJC and wasn't terrible) over Bouchard just shows you how little attention you should pay to that ranking.

Reactions: SpoolCat

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
He is 16th in rookie scoring by points, and 29th in rookie PPG. He is 102nd in league scoring. However he leads his team in scoring as well. If that isn't the very definition of "not doing terribly", I don't know what is.
he doesnt skate well enough imo

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Where would you guys rank Bouchard?

I think without a massive improvement in his skating he will never be a regular NHL'er. I thought he didn't look very good at the WJHC. He just can't skate well enough. That's fine in junior but he better get his ass in gear this summer.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think without a massive improvement in his skating he will never be a regular NHL'er. I thought he didn't look very good at the WJHC. He just can't skate well enough. That's fine in junior but he better get his ass in gear this summer.
Lol what?

The amount of people that think the wjc is going to determine a kids career, and think they're pro scouts because they watched the games is absolutely mind blowing.

This isn't some boom or bust prospect we used a late pick on.

He was staying afloat in the NHL for the few games we gave him this year, and has been dominant since being sent down.

The guy has a rough wjc (just like every dman on Canada did...) and people are writing him off.

It's not like he skates like gryba or something, in fact every scouting report I've read said he's at least above average at skating.

Reactions: Aerchon and MikeFLB

North

Jun 25, 2009
Lol what?

The amount of people that think the wjc is going to determine a kids career, and think they're pro scouts because they watched the games is absolutely mind blowing.

This isn't some boom or bust prospect we used a late pick on.

He was staying afloat in the NHL for the few games we gave him this year, and has been dominant since being sent down.

The guy has a rough wjc (just like every dman on Canada did...) and people are writing him off.

It's not like he skates like gryba or something, in fact every scouting report I've read said he's at least above average at skating.

Just watch him with London. He can skate. Would you like him to be a little faster? Sure but he can work on his skating in the off season.

As someone else said, the things he does well can’t be taught. The things he doesn’t do well can be taught.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Just watch him with London. He can skate. Would you like him to be a little faster? Sure but he can work on his skating in the off season.

As someone else said, The things he does well can’t be taught. The things he doesn’t do well can be taught.
I had said it was worrisome that he wasn't having a good tournament etc. Didn't think it changed his level of prospect just made me realize he was a little to hypes by us. Still think he is going to be a great player, just not as close as we think he is.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

AHL is a bit of a goon league unfortunately. It would definitely be better if 18-year superstar prospects played and pushed out some of the older thugs.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I had said it was worrisome that he wasn't having a good tournament etc. Didn't think it changed his level of prospect just made me realize he was a little to hypes by us. Still think he is going to be a great player, just not as close as we think he is.

The thing about the WJC is that I really didn’t think anyone stood out. Smith was okay but nobody really looked great.

I attribute that to Hunter’s coaching. Even the forwards looked pedestrian when the games got harder.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->