Listen at 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

QMJHL

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Blainville-Boisbriand @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or watch on QMJHL Live

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Wtf? Are they physical penalties or stupid stick work?

Tonight it was goalie interference and a stupid roughing penalty. It's usually a mix of stupid stick work or roughing with a guy who he didn't like checking him. I get the feeling the refs aren't fans of him either. The second penalty should have gone to both teams.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Tonight it was goalie interference and a stupid roughing penalty. It's usually a mix of stupid stick work or roughing with a guy who he didn't like checking him. I get the feeling the refs aren't fans of him either. The second penalty should have gone to both teams.
Sounds like the boy is a hot head. That will get sorted out at the AHL level where he actually will sit a game.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Samorukov, McLeod, Maksimov and Berglund, Benson are going to make up for some of our drafting blunders

Literally none of those players projects as a top-6 forward though. MAYBE McLeod, but it is way too early to make that call.

Benson looks to be a bottom-6 forward. Berglund isn't even playing hockey right now is he? Maksimov is an unknown, as is Samorukov, but neither has stats that would indicate a top-6/top-pairing player in the making.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Literally none of those players projects as a top-6 forward though. MAYBE McLeod, but it is way too early to make that call.

Benson looks to be a bottom-6 forward. Berglund isn't even playing hockey right now is he? Maksimov is an unknown, as is Samorukov, but neither has stats that would indicate a top-6/top-pairing player in the making.

While I agree I think you are missing the point.

Jake Guentzel was drafted 77th by Pittsburgh and at age 24 could end up being a ppg player this year.

It's a crap shoot but we have loaded the gun with as much top quality crap as will fit down the barrel.

Statistically or maybe better probability says we are due some of these guys to come in and be impact players.

Right now it's just wishful thinking but that true for everyone.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kirill Maksimov had 3 assists, a shot, took goaltender interference and unsportsmanlike conduct calls and was +3, as the IceDogs barked all night at the Frontenacs 6-3.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Jan. 11/19 – KGN (3) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, 4 shots and was even, but the Rangers put a stop to the Storm 4-3 in OT.
Jan. 11/19 – GUE (3) – KIT (4) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had no points, 3 shots and was +1, as the Knights laid carnage on the Spirit 4-1. Ryan McLeod had a goal, 2 shots, won 6 of 16 faceoffs and was +1.
Jan. 11/19 – SAG (1) – LDN (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Olivier Rodrique (W 25-7-0) made 14 saves, as the Voltigeurs sank the Armada 12-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Drummondville too strong in Blainville-Boisbriand! Voltigeurs 12 Armada 1 – QMJHL

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Anytime you have McDavid, Drai and RNH down the middle, you don't need top 6 players, you just need complimentary wingers. Look at the wingers Crosby play with most of his career

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

You have Filip Berglund confused with Patrik Berglund.

I agree that none of these guys are slam dunks, but the prospect pool is way better than it was in the past.

I just hope the dummies in charge don't trade them away for rentals and overpaid depth players.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Statistically or maybe better probability says we are due some of these guys to come in and be impact players.

Right now it's just wishful thinking but that true for everyone.

That assumes that the issue with the Oilers in terms of getting players out of the draft is the players they pick rather than our development system.

We've seen a lot of good junior players come through our system, get to the AHL level and just fall apart.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Berglund is doing just fine in SHL.
He's slowed down a lot on the points production since his hot start with respect to SHL norm. He started with 7 pts in 16 games, or something like that, last 16 games only 2 pts. But he is alright, playing more than last year and the team has struggled.

Right now Skelleftea is not in a playoff spot. U think they'll make it but if not I guess he can come over to BAK once the season is over (14 March).

Edit: hey, Norell (return for Caggiula) is hot since he became an Oilers prospect. 1 G 1 A in 3 GP, and this is a guy who normally scores less than 10 pts over a full season :thumbu:

North

Jun 25, 2009
That assumes that the issue with the Oilers in terms of getting players out of the draft is the players they pick rather than our development system.

We've seen a lot of good junior players come through our system, get to the AHL level and just fall apart.

In reality how many were actually that good. Meaning were picked where they were expected and just fell flat?

This team did a lot of going walkabout and our prospect pool before Chia took over illustrates that.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

How is Maksimov an unknown? He has been one of the top goal scorers in the OHL in his two years past the draft and was one of the youngest guys in the draft. He has 61 goals in his last 99 OHL games and he won't turn 20 until June.

Benson is one of the top scoring rookies in the AHL. The guy has real skills and a terrific sense for the game. Take away his injuries and he could easily have gone in the top half of the first in his draft year. I could see him being a good candidate for the LW spot with McDavid since he thinks the game so well.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
How is Maksimov an unknown? He has been one of the top goal scorers in the OHL in his two years past the draft and was one of the youngest guys in the draft. He has 61 goals in his last 99 OHL games and he won't turn 20 until June.

Benson is one of the top scoring rookies in the AHL. The guy has real skills and a terrific sense for the game. Take away his injuries and he could easily have gone in the top half of the first in his draft year. I could see him being a good candidate for the LW spot with McDavid since he thinks the game so well.

Because they aren’t teenagers and lighting up the NHL. Most Oiler fans don’t seem to know what prospect development looks like and what’s actually good.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

I get to talk to a lot of scouts where I sit at the games. Literally all of them say Maksimov is a top 6 or bust type of prospect. Samorukov also gets very high praise. Amazing in his own end and the offense is starting to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad