Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Reports at the time were that he didn’t want to sign with us but I’m not sure how much of an effort was made to sign him.

Source? Gustafsson himself has stated the Oilers told him he had to work on his defensive play if he wanted to come over.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Source? Gustafsson himself has stated the Oilers told him he had to work on his defensive play if he wanted to come over.

I can’t remember where I read it. I think it was one of the Edmonton media, maybe Matheson.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Maksimov's Ice Dogs loaded up today adding Brassard and Studnicka from Oshawa (Studnicka considered the 'most complete' player in the OHL).
Samorukov's Storm acquire Nick Suzuki and Sean Durzi.

Guelph vs London, Niagara vs Ottawa. This is very likely each of the conference finals. Should be great hockey to watch our OHL prospects play.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Maksimov's Ice Dogs loaded up today adding Brassard and Studnicka from Oshawa (Studnicka considered the 'most complete' player in the OHL).
Samorukov's Storm acquire Nick Suzuki and Sean Durzi.

Guelph vs London, Niagara vs Ottawa. This is very likely each of the conference finals. Should be great hockey to watch our OHL prospects play.
Are Guelph and London that much better than Saginaw after their trades?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Are Guelph and London that much better than Saginaw after their trades?

London didn't do a whole lot, but they're already so good. Best D in the league, and they're always well coached in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, Tippett and McLeod are great adds for Saginaw.

But Guelph is adding Suzuki and Entwistle upfront, and Durzi, Gordeev and Phillips on defense. As it is, Guelphs forward additions are better, and they significantly improved their defense.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Former prospect goalie Miroslav Svoboda is on unconditional waivers for contract termination after 14 games in the ECHL while under contract with Nashville.

Wow. Unhappy in the ECHL or just struggling and decided to pack it in?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The West is going to be absolutely nuts in the OHL this season. London, Saginaw, SSM and Guelph are all loaded up. An absolute arms race to likely meet up with the 67s.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The West is going to be absolutely nuts in the OHL this season. London, Saginaw, SSM and Guelph are all loaded up. An absolute arms race to likely meet up with the 67s.

Ottawa has it tough against Niagara. Ottawa has the better goalie, but they're a younger team and will be in tough containing an attack of Robertson, Studnicka, Maksimov, Thomas, Jones, Tomasino and Lodnia. You can't give Niagara many powerplays in that series

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Sunday: Kirill Maksimov had an assist, 5 shots, got called for a coincidental unsportsmanlike conduct call and tripping (PPGA) and was +3, as the IceDogs bit the Bulldogs 6-5 in a shootout.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Jan. 6/19 – NIAG (6) – HAM (5) – SO – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an ENG, 2 shots, won 8 of 14 faceoffs and was +1, as the Spirit slayed the Wolves 2-0.
Jan. 6/19 – SBY (0) – SAG (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Last night, Dmitri Samorukov had 2 assists, 4 shots and was even, as the Storm blew over the Knights 7-5. Evan Bouchard had no points, no shots and was -3.
Jan. 8/19 – GUE (7) – LDN (5) – Ontario Hockey League

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
4 games involving 5 prospects tonight.

OHL

Kingston at Niagara (Kirill Maksimo) @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Kitchener @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) at London (Evan Bouchard) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

QMJHL

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Rimouski @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or watch on QMJHL Live

Those OHL games are Friday night. Gave me a small heart attack that I forgot about a Dogs game tonight :P

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad