Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I would trade hepo. No way I’m moving tippet Noel Or denisenko. Noel is too rare with his size physicality and skill combo. Something we severely lack

Agreed. Denisenko looks good too. He has all the ingredients of an electrifying offensive forward, and we need Noel's size and grit. I think Hepo is clever enough that he probably ends up at least a 2nd line forward though.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So Springfield's year came to an end tonight, a 6-1 win. Driedger turned away 39/40. Schemitsch with a goal and 3 assists.

They finished 4-5 wins out of the playoffs. 71 pts in 2017-2018, 80 pts this year.
Had no issue scoring, finished top 5 in GF and had a league best PP 24.4% (adding Tippett/Heponiemi would only help them more)
Had ALOT of issue defending, bottom 5 in GA and bottom 10 PK

:huh: who's that sound like this year?

Here's the player stats for the team,

SPR.PNG

Greco, Thompson and Hunt being our key goal scorers. Hopefully we can re-sign Greco for a AHL playoff run next year.
Dea looks like a good pick up as he had 17 goals/ in only 46 games, easily would have another 25+ goal scorer. He is a UFA though
Hawk was a PPG player but doubt he's anywhere but in FLA next year.

MacDonald had another decent year, down from his 20 goals/55 pts last year though. Was his first year here.
Schemitsch had a good year as well, still only 22 years old. Had 10 goals/19pts last year in 69 games. Looks to have a good shot from the point.

Stillman looks like he had a solid rookie season, should expect even more development next year
Other than that, Ang and Repo had okayish rookie years. More bottom 6ers anyhow. Need another 2 years.

As for goaltending, we know Monty's story.
Driedger though, had a great season. He went 18-10-2 in 32 games, posting a 2.45 GAA and .925 sv % with one SO.
He turns 25 next month but is a UFA, will be interesting to see how the goalie situation shakes out with Lu, if Monty is in SPR with Bednard? If it works out where Monty is backup to Bob and Lu "retires", I'd hope they go with a Driedger-Bednard duo.

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Saginaw won their series vs. SSM in 6 games. I was at the game last night.

Obviously, I kept an eye on Tippett. I thought he looked okay, I wasn't blown away and he didn't stand out as much as I thought he would, to be completely honest. He did work hard away from the puck, was physical and his skating was really strong. He didn't have any real wide open scoring chances, but tried to create a lot on his own, but wasn't that successful.

Not going to base my opinion on one game, but I will say that he has a chance to make the team next season out of camp, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he starts in Springfield. I'd put it at 50/50 at this point.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Saginaw won their series vs. SSM in 6 games. I was at the game last night.

Obviously, I kept an eye on Tippett. I thought he looked okay, I wasn't blown away and he didn't stand out as much as I thought he would, to be completely honest. He did work hard away from the puck, was physical and his skating was really strong. He didn't have any real wide open scoring chances, but tried to create a lot on his own, but wasn't that successful.

Not going to base my opinion on one game, but I will say that he has a chance to make the team next season out of camp, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he starts in Springfield. I'd put it at 50/50 at this point.

Ya I figured they'd play London but now Guelph has come on strong to force a game 7 after being down 3-0.
Don't think Tippett will ever be a line driver type player. He'll be a good to great complimentary player like a Hoffman/Kessel/Pacioretty type.

He knows where to go to score and set up plays, has looked more engaged than past years away from the puck. Pretty sturdy on his skates too, has some big legs on him like Barkov. A half/full year in SPR won't hurt him, they can use him on the PP and in the top 6 to balance their lines more.

3 game pointless streak for Tippett now but still tied for 3rd in points and 2nd for goals. He will have off nights but when he's ON, it's usually a 2 or 3 pt night.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Noel scores a sweet goal tonight, his 4th playoff tally but in a 7-3 loss. OTT is now up 2-0 in the series and were the best team all year and his season may be over shortly. 4 goals, 11pts in 12 games for Big Christmas.

Tippett breaks his 4 game point drought with two primary assists in a 4-3 OT win for Saginaw, who are now up 2-0 in the West final. Tippett is tied for 3rd in points and sits alone at 3rd in goals. 9 goals, 19pts in 12 games.

This assist by Tippett and goal by Wilde tied the game for Saginaw at 3.

Reactions: Mase and CHGoalie27

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd love to trade for Bode Wilde, wanted him if we didn't take Noel. If we're trading Hoffman for some silly reason, I'd look to NYI and want Wilde in return, he'd be protected in expansion draft and probably be ready in another year or two. Trade the 2019 1st for Trouba and our RD should be set for a while.

Ekblad
Trouba
Weegar
Brown
Keeper
Wilde

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'd love to trade for Bode Wilde, wanted him if we didn't take Noel. If we're trading Hoffman for some silly reason, I'd look to NYI and want Wilde in return, he'd be protected in expansion draft and probably be ready in another year or two. Trade the 2019 1st for Trouba and our RD should be set for a while.

Ekblad
Trouba
Weegar
Brown
Keeper
Wilde
No more Yandle or Matheson?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Going tomorrow night to Guelph to watch Saginaw and Guelph play game 3. My cousin plays for Saginaw, so I'll be cheering for them. After the game I'm going to meet up with him by the dressing room. Maybe I will get to meet up with Tippett as well.
Eyyyy who's your cuzzo??

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Going tomorrow night to Guelph to watch Saginaw and Guelph play game 3. My cousin plays for Saginaw, so I'll be cheering for them. After the game I'm going to meet up with him by the dressing room. Maybe I will get to meet up with Tippett as well.

Saginaw played s*****. Got badly out shot. Although their rookie 16 years old goalie who was in because they're starting goalie got a five-game suspension played unreal. He's supposed to be the starter next year, and might be worth keeping an eye on for the 2020 draft.

Tippett is a man among boys out there. He physically looks bigger than many players on the ice. Also his smarts with the puck is very noticeable. As you can see from that goal he has a wicked shot. Very reliable and aware defensively. His skating could use some improvement, so hopefully he works on that this summer. This was my first time seeing him live and I was very much so impressed.

Eyyyy who's your cuzzo??

Mason Millman, Defense, number 12.

Unfortunately, about 5 minutes into the game he got rocked in the corner in his own end and separated his shoulder, done for the season. I didn't go down to the room after since he had to go to the hospital. He said that I still could have, and I really wanted to meet Tippett, but I feel like the boys would have been not in the greatest mood.

It's his draft year this summer, and he's ranked 125 on the North American skaters list. Very high hockey IQ, offensive-minded, but can definitely handle his own in his own end and can lay the body.

I'm biased, but I would love for the Panthers to spend a fourth round pick on him this year. He's 6'1, but we have five uncles, with four of them being at least 6'4, with one Uncle 7 ft. So he might not be done growing.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Saginaw played s*****. Got badly out shot. Although their rookie 16 years old goalie who was in because they're starting goalie got a five-game suspension played unreal. He's supposed to be the starter next year, and might be worth keeping an eye on for the 2020 draft.

Tippett is a man among boys out there. He physically looks bigger than many players on the ice. Also his smarts with the puck is very noticeable. As you can see from that goal he has a wicked shot. Very reliable and aware defensively. His skating could use some improvement, so hopefully he works on that this summer. This was my first time seeing him live and I was very much so impressed.

Mason Millman, Defense, number 12.

Unfortunately, about 5 minutes into the game he got rocked in the corner in his own end and separated his shoulder, done for the season. I didn't go down to the room after since he had to go to the hospital. He said that I still could have, and I really wanted to meet Tippett, but I feel like the boys would have been not in the greatest mood.

It's his draft year this summer, and he's ranked 125 on the North American skaters list. Very high hockey IQ, offensive-minded, but can definitely handle his own in his own end and can lay the body.

I'm biased, but I would love for the Panthers to spend a fourth round pick on him this year. He's 6'1, but we have five uncles, with four of them being at least 6'4, with one Uncle 7 ft. So he might not be done growing.
Holy shit dude! Well first my best wishes his way, and that really sucks something fierce. And know it all too well. But assuming that doesn't end his career, I am officially following him.

And hell yeah I want him on the Panthers. We can be in his ear that way. Anything we complain about, he can correct.
The first time he pulls a Matheson and empty heads over from his position for no reason and gets caught...direct his ass up in here and we'll make sure he never leaves (Monty not Bob) hangin' again!...oh wait, we got Q. He'll handle that just fine :)

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Holy **** dude! Well first my best wishes his way, and that really sucks something fierce. And know it all too well. But assuming that doesn't end his career, I am officially following him.

And hell yeah I want him on the Panthers. We can be in his ear that way. Anything we complain about, he can correct.
The first time he pulls a Matheson and empty heads over from his position for no reason and gets caught...direct his ass up in here and we'll make sure he never leaves (Monty not Bob) hangin' again!...oh wait, we got Q. He'll handle that just fine :)

Haha, no doubt. He knows I'm a Panthers fan and I would love for him to be on the team.
I just looked and we have three fourth round picks this year: ours, Minnesota's, and Pittsburgh's.

Let's make this happen Dale!

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Ekblad
Trouba
Weegar
Brown
Keeper
Wilde

That’s deep RHD by just adding Trouba and having a Keeper for young incoming guy (ie like a Wilde as you have researched on). It takes a ton of pressure off Ekblad which he really needs.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That’s deep RHD by just adding Trouba and having a Keeper for young incoming guy (ie like a Wilde as you have researched on). It takes a ton of pressure off Ekblad which he really needs.

Ya it makes sense to go all in NOW with Trouba (offer sheet) and near future with Wilde (expansion exempt). RD are harder to acquire, so add two now and you can focus on the LD in the later rounds of the draft, one of the PIT or EDM picks should/can be used for that.

Gotta remember we may go 7-3-1 in expansion draft so we may lose a key D in a couple years. Or have to pay a 1st to protect someone.

I'd even offer up Heponiemi for Wilde, think they have very similar value, Hepo is proven in the pros where Wilde has more overall value being a RD and he's having quite the OHL year as well. Both have mid 1st round value imo.

C is pretty set for a while. W is as well but use the leftovers to nab some solid defensive players to offset the offensive skill we have in forward prospects. And yes save one of the 4th's to draft @PantherboyHTR 's cousin.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tippett just keeps scoring, what a rocket!! Don't even think he got all of it.
Has an assist as well, 3rd period to go, was 3rd star of game in the 4-1 win, they now have a commanding 3-1 series lead.

2nd in points (22) and tied for 1st in goals (11) both behind and with Suzuki.

As for Noel, he's been without a point tonight in a low scoring affair, his Generals were up 1-0 pretty much all of game 4 (down 3-0 in series) but OTT has now tied it up with 34 seconds to go. OTT may end Noel's year shortly. At least Tippett and Saginaw will give OTT a good go.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
And in the meantime, Denisenko wins the Cup!!! :D
(With his MHL team, but hey, still nice...)

His team won the 7 game series final (final game was 1-0). Denisenko played 13 of the 17 MHL games; went 6+2 to lead Loko in goals; he had the 2nd most goals in MHL playoffs. On his team, he was third in points, 2nd best +/-; averaged 2.8 shots per game which doesn't seem like much but apparently it was good for second most on the team. 1 GWG, 1 PP goal, did quite well in the faceoff circle (took 41 faceoffs, won 20 of them - obviously he's a winger but hey, any additional skills can't hurt).

Seems his best playoff game was game 1 of the finals where he had the hattrick (for context, his team was down 2-0 when he scored two and later added a third, helping Loko to a 4-2 win).

And now I think his season is truly over.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Trying to find a link but nothing on YouTube and hockey hockeyfights.com has a page for the fight but video is missing.

Hes gonna be a scary guy once he fills out. Reminds me of Buff and Simmonds a lot.
The thing I love about him, he's not just big and physical - IMO he has the skill to go with it too. If he ends up a physical third-liner who scores some goals that's still a decent complimentary piece, but I really think he could be a top6 guy a few years down the line.
Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The thing I love about him, he's not just big and physical - IMO he has the skill to go with it too. If he ends up a physical third-liner who scores some goals that's still a decent complimentary piece, but I really think he could be a top6 guy a few years down the line.
Fingers crossed :)

Ya the safe bet for him is middle 6 winger. Depends on how hard he wants to work and by the looks of it, he has a good motor. Feel this is what Tallon originally wanted in Bjugstad.

I'd love to see him with Huberdeau and Barkov one day (seems like he could replicate Jagr cycle play) but he may gel with a Trocheck type player. Hes a better playmaker than shooter so in theory it's a good combo.

Hes become my fave prospect of ours, he can do it all. Rarely do you find a player that has every tool and good work ethic to go along with that size

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad