Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Howdy ho from the Nucks board.

Went to see Oulun Kärpät play against Lukko on the 29th, mainly to see Heponiemi play.

You guys have an awesome prospect in your system in him. Heponiemi with the puck in the offensive zone was dangerous all night. 2 assists and could have had 1 or 2 more. His passing was easily the most noticeable thing on the ice all game.

What surprised me was his tenacity on the fore-check. They didn't use him as the 1st man in, but he seemed to do a great job of identifying when to join in and retrieve the puck for Kärpät.

Needs to improve his physicals; speed, strength, explosiveness. And probably is a bit too pass-first in his play right now, passing up on great shooting opportunities to make thread-the-needle passes (albeit those passes seem to hit home 9/10 times).

But what do I know...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Went to see Oulun Kärpät play against Lukko on the 29th, mainly to see Heponiemi play.

You guys have an awesome prospect in your system in him. Heponiemi with the puck in the offensive zone was dangerous all night. 2 assists and could have had 1 or 2 more. His passing was easily the most noticeable thing on the ice all game.

What surprised me was his tenacity on the fore-check. They didn't use him as the 1st man in, but he seemed to do a great job of identifying when to join in and retrieve the puck for Kärpät.

Needs to improve his physicals; speed, strength, explosiveness. And probably is a bit too pass-first in his play right now, passing up on great shooting opportunities to make thread-the-needle passes (albeit those passes seem to hit home 9/10 times).

But what do I know...
Sounds pretty much like what I've seen from him in the Champion hockey league's games...

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

But what do I know...
Thank you for this!!

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Nice Ang scored his first in a Practice Game, that doesnt took long. And Noel puts up Numbers, but everyone looks like 2 heads smaller in this League to him.
When they gte more focused on Noeal, the real Game begins.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Not sure. I'm told the Panthers still have 28 players on their roster at this time.

Only from the Panthers Prospect Pool.
F: Borgstrom, Ang, Lamminko, Hunt, Repo, Greco, Bajkov and Jayce
D: McCoshen, Stillman, Brown, Downing, Bystrom, Schemtisch
G: Monty, Hutchinson

in Addition this you have some expierenced Players and Veteran

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
Only from the Panthers Prospect Pool.
F: Borgstrom, Ang, Lamminko, Hunt, Repo, Greco, Bajkov and Jayce
D: McCoshen, Stillman, Brown, Downing, Bystrom, Schemtisch
G: Monty, Hutchinson

in Addition this you have some expierenced Players and Veteran
Thanks for the info. Media coverage of the team is a bit sparse these days up here unfortunately.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Thanks for the info. Media coverage of the team is a bit sparse these days up here unfortunately.

I only look, one or twice a week on the AHL or Springfield Page. The most important Stuff gets Posted over Twitter feeds, when it goes around actual stuff.
You could say, to stay always on time, you must follow everything over Twitter or wait and hope for News. :D

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
Is there a sports writer in Springfield that covers the team?
'
No. The coverage is done basically by masslive.com. For home games there is usually a short write up on their site although at times they just post what's written on the TBirds website. The road games are not covered except for what"s on the team site.

bluegod29

Oct 4, 2011
The AHL transaction page says Henrik Haapala has been added to Springfield. Is this accurate or a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad