Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This wasn’t necessarily directed at you specifically, I don’t know where all of this animosity is coming from all of a sudden. I made a pretty standard comment and because he’s your favorite prospect you took it as a personal attack, which it certainly wasn’t. I was talking in general about how everyone (including on Twitter and reddit) seems to be acting like Montembeault is the second coming of God, which as of right now he isn’t, he’s a good goalie prospect.
I'm very green to twitter, but in our neighborhood over here, I'm the only one fitting that description.

I've addressed you a few times to no specific reply, I can only assume...

Don't think for a second I hold animosity toward you or anyone else here, especially just because if we differ in opinion. Me inquiring because it may seem you are toward me because you don't reply then post an "in general" response that does afterwards...yknow...

***I'm not fake and I wouldn't act excited to see you, or Ethan, or @Benched when I run into you. When I'm not working or with my girls, you guys are my people. I'd be a first jump in an actual fight for you guys after talking to many of you EVERYDAY for the better part of a decade. I'm not asking or expecting that much in return, just a reply when addressed my friend.***

No secret I'm loud and excitable, but I will explain myself and admit when I am proven wrong. I'll never ignore anyone that addresses me. If you tell me you weren't intentionally ignoring me, I believe you and apologize.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
It's kinda funny, I'm not always right, but I swear I know what I'm looking at here. There may be variables for him not making it, but his physical ability to play the position will NOT be the reason.
But he's gotten this far and even though Sateri wasn't secured a job after what HE did, Monty is still here after a "poor statical season". Imagine how bad his stats would be if he didn't play the way he did to somewhat balance it out!

I let him know it. I hope he's not annoyed by having such vocal support or attention drawn to him, especially NOT because I'm choosing to be a fanboii and risk looking like one.

Last edited:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm very green to twitter, but in our neighborhood over here, I'm the only one fitting that description.

I've addressed you a few times to no specific reply, I can only assume...

Don't think for a second I hold animosity toward you or anyone else here, especially just because if we differ in opinion. Me inquiring because it may seem you are toward me because you don't reply then post an "in general" response that does afterwards...yknow...

***I'm not fake and I wouldn't act excited to see you, or Ethan, or @Benched when I run into you. When I'm not working or with my girls, you guys are my people. I'd be a first jump in an actual fight for you guys after talking to many of you EVERYDAY for the better part of a decade. I'm not asking or expecting that much in return, just a reply when addressed my friend.***

No secret I'm loud and excitable, but I will explain myself and admit when I am proven wrong. I'll never ignore anyone that addresses me. If you tell me you weren't intentionally ignoring me, I believe you and apologize.

Trust me, I have nothing against you or your opinion of Montembeault. In fact, my opinion isn't far off from yours lol. Like I said, I like him as a prospect and think he has a really good skillset and still has plenty of room and time to develop into what we want him to be, but to say that he's already where we want to be or to suggest that he *will* turn into exactly what we want him to be isn't fair or right. You know me, I followed all of the prospects deeply for 3 years and watched probably *at least* 20 of Monty's starts combined in the Q and the AHL, so I've seen his good games and his bad games and I'm pretty high on him, but my expectations are tempered. I'm excited to see how he does this year as a second year pro.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
The "can't miss kid" looks to be plying his trade in the AHL again.

I know this is a shot at me, so I'll take the bait. I don't believe I ever said or suggested that Hawryluk was some "can't miss" type of player or that he projected to be a high-end top-6 impact forward at the NHL level. Heck, even that's not totally out of the question. I've always maintained that his speed, determination, physical player, attitude, and skill make him **at the very least** a capable bottom-6 player. I didn't make it to training camp this year and only saw like 2 periods of the Nashville game he played in, but it didn't seem like he had a great camp, so he got sent down, so be it. I have no attachment to him other - like you seem to think - other than the fact that I think he would be a useful NHL player.

It's almost like you're rooting for him to fail so that you can come at me and say I was wrong and that you were right. For the record I don't think anyone would perceive it that way if it were to happen.

Last edited:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
It's kinda funny, I'm not always right, but I swear I know what I'm looking at here. There may be variables for him not making it, but his physical ability to play the position will NOT be the reason.

I let him know it. I hope he's not annoyed by having such vocal support or attention drawn to him, especially NOT because I'm choosing to be a fanboii and risk looking like one. But he's gotten this far and even though Sateri wasn't secured a job after what HE did, Monty is still here after a "poor statical season". Imagine how bad his stats would be if he didn't play the way he did to somewhat balance it out!

Everything else aside, you know this is a pretty poor comparison.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Trust me, I have nothing against you or your opinion of Montembeault. In fact, my opinion isn't far off from yours lol. Like I said, I like him as a prospect and think he has a really good skillset and still has plenty of room and time to develop into what we want him to be, but to say that he's already where we want to be or to suggest that he *will* turn into exactly what we want him to be isn't fair or right. You know me, I followed all of the prospects deeply for 3 years and watched probably *at least* 20 of Monty's starts combined in the Q and the AHL, so I've seen his good games and his bad games and I'm pretty high on him, but my expectations are tempered. I'm excited to see how he does this year as a second year pro.
Based on what I look for in a goalie, and at such a young age-he fits it all.
I was hanging on the words from you and anyone else writing anything I could find about him. Especially thru the losses. Based on my personal standards, I haven't seen or heard any reason for me to think that it's unfair or not right to think he's a safe bet for success.

I def. want to know what makes you say that after all you have watched? Better, what about his game or him personally still leaves doubts? This is me asking for consideration, not to challenge/piss match etc...

Everything else aside, you know this is a pretty poor comparison.
I don't know why my phone decided to start typing in the middle of...I edited it. It was to more or less say "of course nothing is a full guarantee but..." Dammit, there was more to be said but I was out and about and I swear it made sense when I was in the middle of all of it! Obviously there's a severe situational difference between the expectations of an up and comer and a minor league vet trying not to fall out of pro hockey!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Sure but draft+2 even if he crushes it doesn't mean much. Hepo crushed juniors draft+1 and didn't get much recognition.
The only reason he is not playing professionally this season is an age technicality. If he dominates and parlays it into a SPR playoff drive, that is all we can expect from him anyways.

Good start.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The only reason he is not playing professionally this season is an age technicality. If he dominates and parlays it into a SPR playoff drive, that is all we can expect from him anyways.

My point really is that his stats in junior don't mean much if anything at this point. He can go 2PPG pace and it isn't a big deal. I think he'll play in Springfield no matter what when his season is done in the OHL.

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
I know this is a shot at me, so I'll take the bait. I don't believe I ever said or suggested that Hawryluk was some "can't miss" type of player or that he projected to be a high-end top-6 impact forward at the NHL level. Heck, even that's not totally out of the question. I've always maintained that his speed, determination, physical player, attitude, and skill make him **at the very least** a capable bottom-6 player. I didn't make it to training camp this year and only saw like 2 periods of the Nashville game he played in, but it didn't seem like he had a great camp, so he got sent down, so be it. I have no attachment to him other - like you seem to think - other than the fact that I think he would be a useful NHL player.

It's almost like you're rooting for him to fail so that you can come at me and say I was wrong and that you were right. For the record I don't think anyone would perceive it that way if it were to happen.

He did have a stretch last season when Malgin was here when things seemed to click for him. Obviously Malgin wasn't going to be here that long and after he left it went sour for him pretty quickly to the point where he became a healthy scratch or was used as a 4th line player. Hopefully that doesn't happen this season and his potential becomes reality.:)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
What are the potential lines for Springfield? It seems they could possible have a team that potentially could make the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad