Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He looks quick with his first couple steps but not a fast guy imo. His foot speed allows him to be elusive and get pucks in and out of the corners.

I’m so much higher on him than Tippet. I’m afraid Tallon will trade Hepo for d help and keep Tippet.
He is a Gaudreau type of skater.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I can tell you why he doesnt pass much. Passed and gave a guy a clear breakaway in the London game, who missed. Passed to a guy on a two on one who got robbed by the goalie. Easily couldve had 4 points in that game in London.

Didn't get to see that game much, flipped back and forth. London is a powerhouse offensive team, they create a ton of havoc with turnovers. Not claiming Tippett is the smartest guy out there but he knows what to do to be successful so far. He needs to fine tune some things but we shouldn't expect a 2 way beast, he's a sniper and a damn good one.

I agree his passing skills aren't the greatest but his career assists total in the OHL is decent.
We needed more shooters in the pipeline, espcially right hand shots as stated by Tallon.
Heponiemi and Borgstrom are more playmakers than snipers, even Noel seems to be a pass first guy, only recently has he started to shoot more at his coach's request. I have more faith in Tippett becoming a NHL regular than I do Crouse. ;)

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
his skating isnt average though. Even elite prospects says he has tremendous foot speed.
The recent article at dobberprospects disagrees.
It's just something that kinda stands out to me every time I watch him. Although it could be exacerbated a bit because he's playing with Kupari who's described as a fantastic skater and Hepo is always the slower guy on that line. It's not some big weakness, he's still good enough skater to get by... I just wish he was better because he has pretty much every other tool of a star playmaker but the speed.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The recent article at dobberprospects disagrees.
It's just something that kinda stands out to me every time I watch him. Although it could be exacerbated a bit because he's playing with Kupari who's described as a fantastic skater and Hepo is always the slower guy on that line. It's not some big weakness, he's still good enough skater to get by... I just wish he was better because he has pretty much every other tool of a star playmaker but the speed.
I would say his speed is an 8/10 with kupari is at like a 9.2

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Gildon returns to UNH line-up and notches an ENG in a win over Miami. Box score will tell you he was even, but he was a +1 as his stretch pass sprung two UNH forwards for the team's first goal of the game. He wasn't listed as on the ice in the stats...

He also easily could have garnered an assist on the play, but Miami got a passive touch on the puck and the UNH SID is notorious for nullifying assists on any opposing touch, possession or not. Either way, his pass created the chance...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Are we just going to ignore the fact that since Borgstrom has been playing with Hawrlyuk he’s made him about a point per game player? Borgstrom with another assist tonight.
Are you pointing out that Borgstrom is great, that Hawryluk is showing some life again or that they have chemistry together?
Anyway I'm not going to be too impressed with Hawryluk until I see him do this for a whole season. He had a period when he was doing very well last year and had 19 points in 21 games, then his offence completely dried up to the point he was sent to the ECHL and he finished the season with 36 points in 64 games. He can get hot. We've seen it before. Until he can do it consistently I'm not getting excited about it.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Are you pointing out that Borgstrom is great, that Hawryluk is showing some life again or that they have chemistry together?
Anyway I'm not going to be too impressed with Hawryluk until I see him do this for a whole season. He had a period when he was doing very well last year and had 19 points in 21 games, then his offence completely dried up to the point he was sent to the ECHL and he finished the season with 36 points in 64 games. He can get hot. We've seen it before. Until he can do it consistently I'm not getting excited about it.
Borgstrom is my main hype point.

Reactions: JP Mick

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
A fully healthy season is huge for hawryluk. He is a lot more talented than he’s getting credit for. I haven’t given up on him due to the fact he hasn’t been healthy. Still has 3rd line potential imo

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
A fully healthy season is huge for hawryluk. He is a lot more talented than he’s getting credit for. I haven’t given up on him due to the fact he hasn’t been healthy. Still has 3rd line potential imo
He has the potential but can he realize it, that's the question. Injuries undoubtedly didn't help.
But I'm happy he's doing well. Hopefully he can keep it up and earn a call-up at some point during the season.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Patient Panther - Ryan Bednard.

I really haven't ever seen him play other than listen to comments from his appearances at Development camp. Many posters felt he looked very solid and confident in net and I believe a few said he looked better than Monty.

Goalies are so difficult to grade because most are all head cases. That said, he is playing well in his 3rd year at BG and Tallon should not let him go back for his senior year.......get him signed. The guy is 6'5" and supposedly has all the tools on the upside needed to succeed. I'm going to stick with him over Monty, just based on my gut. :)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Patient Panther - Ryan Bednard.

I really haven't ever seen him play other than listen to comments from his appearances at Development camp. Many posters felt he looked very solid and confident in net and I believe a few said he looked better than Monty.

Goalies are so difficult to grade because most are all head cases. That said, he is playing well in his 3rd year at BG and Tallon should not let him go back for his senior year.......get him signed. The guy is 6'5" and supposedly has all the tools on the upside needed to succeed. I'm going to stick with him over Monty, just based on my gut. :)

Admittedly going off his stats alone, I can see why there is some promise with him. Could he be another late round gem/diamond that just needs some polishing to shine?

I've attached some of his info and stats and I agree Tallon should sign this guy later this year and have both Monty and him challenge each other in SPR next year. (That is unless one of them is promoted to NHL backup if Lu retires and Reimer is traded/bought out)

Definitely will keep my eye on him going forward :)

Screenshot_20181127-120556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181127-121025_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181127-121025_Samsung Internet.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: Brokin

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Greco with the first two goals tonight for SPR, 5th and his 6th was a SHG.
Hawryluk with his 4th goal and 14th assist.

Ang with two assists, Bajkov with a goal and Schemitsch with an assist. Really pulling for Ang (1g, 7pts in 19 games) and Schemitsch (1g, 6pts in 11 games) to become NHL regulars.

Montembeault continues to shine, 2 goals against on 42 shots in a 5-2 win and the 2 goals that did get by him didn't come on any of Bridgeport's 4 PP's. Typically, your goalie is your best PKer. So impressed with this guy, 8-2-0 to start the year.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

That's like saying all drummers in bands are head cases. Speaking as a former drummer in a few bands, you may have a point..... lol. We aren't crazy, just misunderstood. :D

Reactions: CHGoalie27

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Greco with the first two goals tonight for SPR, 5th and his 6th was a SHG.
Hawryluk with his 4th goal and 14th assist.

Ang with two assists, Bajkov with a goal and Schemitsch with an assist. Really pulling for Ang (1g, 7pts in 19 games) and Schemitsch (1g, 6pts in 11 games) to become NHL regulars.

Montembeault continues to shine, 2 goals against on 42 shots in a 5-2 win and the 2 goals that did get by him didn't come on any of Bridgeport's 4 PP's. Typically, your goalie is your best PKer. So impressed with this guy, 8-2-0 to start the year.

Call. Him. Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad