Prospect Info: 2018-2019 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
MacDonald with 2 goals and an assist. 5 goals, 11pts in 11 games. Itd be nice to see this guy get some more NHL games this year.

Same here.

I never understood giving him limited ice time and then demoting him. The guy came out and scored a goal in his first f***ing game and played well on top of that, so let’s bench him.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Tippett with a big night, 2 goals and a helper. His 13th and 14th in 15 games.
In a 5-1 goal game, he was on ice for all six goals (the one goal against happened on the PK).
Deservedly first star of the game.

Hunt had a hattrick in Springfield's win; 3+1 four-point night (12 points in 14 games).

I love that MacDonald is doing well. Add me on the list of people who'd like to see him get a call-up.

On a different topic, can someone tell me how Stillman's doing? Looks decent on paper - he is the youngest guy on that roster; had two assists yesterday (5 points in 13 games). FWIW he's also he is +6 for the season, tied for second best on the team (I think his partner is Melchiori).

Also speaking of Springfield - their PP currently ranks fourth best in the league - very nice. Their PK OTOH is the 5th worst - yuck.

Hutsko and Gildon both add an assist as they play against each other in a 2-2 tie game. Meanwhile, Bednard has a bad night as he allows five goals on 17 shots.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Same here.

I never understood giving him limited ice time and then demoting him. The guy came out and scored a goal in his first ****ing game and played well on top of that, so let’s bench him.

Can you explain me why this super player scored 2 Goals and 1 Assist and has +/- 0? Is there a chance you could explein me, this super play, from a defensman standpoint?
The only D-man without a postiv stats in +/- was MacDonald and McCoshen how it comes?

Didn´t we want better Defensman, then Matheson and Petrovic and now we should call up MacDonald who is good offensive, but his Defensiv play could be the bigger question mark.
And so looks the rest of the Season, sometimes good sometimes the -2 Player. Where is the consistence we want from our Defender.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Can you explain me why this super player scored 2 Goals and 1 Assist and has +/- 0? Is there a chance you could explein me, this super play, from a defensman standpoint?
The only D-man without a postiv stats in +/- was MacDonald and McCoshen how it comes?

Didn´t we want better Defensman, then Matheson and Petrovic and now we should call up MacDonald who is good offensive, but his Defensiv play could be the bigger question mark.
And so looks the rest of the Season, sometimes good sometimes the -2 Player. Where is the consistence we want from our Defender.
There is literally 0 percent chance he is worse than petrovic. It’s just not possible.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Disregarding that +/- is a crap stat...

Two of his three points came on the PP so no +. He wasn't on ice for any goals against and should be +1; however, the gamelog made a mistake and doesn't show him on the ice when he scored the ES goal. Something tells me he was on the ice when he scored...

You can make an argument that we need a defence-first defenceman, not offence-first. Pointing to MacDonald's +/-, not the way to make that argument.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Disregarding that +/- is a crap stat...

Two of his three points came on the PP so no +. He wasn't on ice for any goals against and should be +1; however, the gamelog made a mistake and doesn't show him on the ice when he scored the ES goal. Something tells me he was on the ice when he scored...

You can make an argument that we need a defence-first defenceman, not offence-first. Pointing to MacDonald's +/-, not the way to make that argument.

But in the Games he played here he showed some offensive Potential, but made the same turnover mistake matheson did only in the own Zone.
And his defensiv play wasn´t that better, maybe that why they wanted to send him down.

@FinlandPanther
Petrovic get a bit better in the last Games, so its hard to tell from an overall View, yes he shouldnt be longer on the Ice. But when we send everyone in the Pressbox, who did make a mistake, we must Bench, matheson, Ekbald, Petrovic, even Yandle in the first Games make horrible mistakes.
Im not a Petrovic Fan, but when he get better, its hard to find an Argument for an call-up. Also when you have another Player in reserve who earns 2,7 Million. So you have to open up Room for a Call-Up and we all know that will only happen if someone get Injured.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Bednard bounces back with a win, 21 saves on 23 shots.
Springfield wins and moves to third in their division/7th in league. Honestly want to feel happier about that but the Panthers lost again. *Sigh*

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Mamin sent down.

Anyone know who is taking his spot?

Last edited:

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Gildon even with another assist (as UNH fails to top two goals for the 5th straight game and 7/10 time this year) and an ejection...

He tried to clear the net front with a shot to the shoulders right as the player hunched down on his stick readying for the puck and caught him in the head instead...

4-2 loss to UMass.

Next weekend UNH plays two against FLA draftee Karch Bachman and (my alma mater) Miami University...

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Mamin, Malgin to Springfield.

Haley, Hunt to Florida.

I understand the move, but why you send down Malgin who make his Game and call up Haley big miss understanding for my Side.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Hmm, Hunt instead of Borg? Not ready yet? PPG in 14 games isn't too shabby.

After what Tallon said about Borgstrom after training camp (re: his weight, strength, etc.), I'd be surprised if we see him this season at all unless there's a major injury problem.

This is a bit frustrating though, especially seeing how a guy like Elias Pettersson is playing. I understand he played pro in Europe, but I'd like to see what Borgstrom can do sooner than later.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
After what Tallon said about Borgstrom after training camp (re: his weight, strength, etc.), I'd be surprised if we see him this season at all unless there's a major injury problem.

This is a bit frustrating though, especially seeing how a guy like Elias Pettersson is playing. I understand he played pro in Europe, but I'd like to see what Borgstrom can do sooner than later.

Sorry fellas, might have jinxed us here big time.

Reactions: RainingRats

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Yeah, we might see Borg sooner rather than later now.

Not so sure the Panthers still in the PO race, they can make a move or trust their Prospect that they replace Trocheck or we give up a Player and a Pick and trade.
But Borgstrom hmmmm, very Questable. Special when you see with Lamminko what a normal developing can do with a Player.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Denisenko now apparently is in the VHL. Kid is all over the place. Apparently he took a boarding penalty that cost Lokomotiv the game and he hasn’t been in the KHL since. I don’t really like taking kids, especially Russians away from Russia but they are doing horrible things for his development there that they normally don’t do so ship his ass to America as soon as possible.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Denisenko now apparently is in the VHL. Kid is all over the place. Apparently he took a boarding penalty that cost Lokomotiv the game and he hasn’t been in the KHL since. I don’t really like taking kids, especially Russians away from Russia but they are doing horrible things for his development there that they normally don’t do so ship his ass to America as soon as possible.

Young kids playing in Russia is so weird. They're bounced around all these different leagues, barely play sometimes, play a lot other times, it's kinda nuts. Wish he could've just come over now and played in the ECHL or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad