Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Why would they be scouting players that they already selected?
It is actually common to send a scout in to put actual eyes on a player to see how they are developing, and to see where their head is at with the process and the environment. Think the KK situation except at a much lesser level.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It is actually common to send a scout in to put actual eyes on a player to see how they are developing, and to see where their head is at with the process and the environment. Think the KK situation except at a much lesser level.

And I suppose that there are draft eligible players playing on all of the teams that they are on anyways. I bet it's more of an ancillary thing.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Dewar having a great season.

Any other guys looking like they have had a increase in production or looking better from their draft year? Any risers?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dewar having a great season.

Any other guys looking like they have had a increase in production or looking better from their draft year? Any risers?

This is actually his draft year+2. We picked him as an overager, he's one of those summer baby tweeners.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You lost me a bit on this one. Do you use age or draft year when comparing a prospects development?

Draft year, meaning the first year he's eligible to be drafted. He wasn't drafted his first year eligible, and was picked in his 2nd time through the draft. That would make it his draft year +1 when he was drafted by MN.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
That’s usually head of player development that watches drafted players.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Agreed. The onsite leg work is handled by the remote scouts. Logistically impossible to have the head of player development traveling that much. At least this is how the organization that recruited me to scout worked. But that was back in the day.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
F JO stuck on one point in 35 GP:help:
Bitten, after a very cold start in Iowa, is starting to play more and getting some helpers.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
how would y'all rank the wild's top 10 prospects at the halfway mark?
biggest surprise? biggest riser? i assume filip johansson will rate as your biggest disappointment,
but anyone else who fits that description?

i really liked mcbain last june, but haven't really followed him this year.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dewar and Khovanov are maybe slight risers? There was a good amount of hype for McBain, but I haven't heard anything about him this year.

Kaprizov is obviously our top prospect until he comes over (or decides to stay). FJ is definitely the biggest disappointment so far, but he's young, that could change. Pretty thin at the top compared to most teams. Greenway has been really solid in the NHL.

This was our board's list before the season.
1. Kirill Kaprizov - 95.2% (40/42)
2. Jordan Greenway - 43.9% (18/41)
3. Luke Kunin - 86.1% (31/36)
4. Dmitri Sokolov - 35.4% (17/48)
5. Filip Johansson - 28.1% (9/32)
6. Nick Seeler - 34.3% (12/35)
7. Louis Belpedio - 25.7% (9/35)
8. Jack McBain - 23.5% (8/34)
9. Ivan Lodnia - 40.7% (11/27)
10. Alexander Khovanov - 41.2% (14/34)
11. Kaapo Kahkonen - 42.9% (12/28)
12. Simon Johansson - 65.2% (15/23)

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seeler has graduated, and is not a prospect.

I'd say that Dewar and Shaw need to be on that list above McBain, and F Jo off it. KK probably needs to be higher.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway and Kunin have also graduated, no? Both over 25 career games.

At this point I'd list my personal top 10 as:

Kaprizov
Khovanov
Sokolov
Belpedio
McBain
Kahkonen
Dewar
Lodnia
Mennell
S. Johansson

Khovanov, Kahkonen, Dewar, Mennell have all been pleasant surprises to varying degrees this season.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greenway and Kunin have also graduated, no? Both over 25 career games.

At this point I'd list my personal top 10 as:

Kaprizov
Khovanov
Sokolov
Belpedio
McBain
Kahkonen
Dewar
Lodnia
Mennell
S. Johansson

Khovanov, Kahkonen, Dewar, Mennell have all been pleasant surprises to varying degrees this season.
65 games is the rule for skaters, according to Elite Prospects(see pg.1), which is the one this thread tends to be based on.

I don't watch the AHL, so I have no idea how any of the prospects actually play. Soucy could be playing great for all I know, and Mennell a defensive nightmare.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
65 games is the rule for skaters, according to Elite Prospects(see pg.1), which is the one this thread tends to be based on.

I don't watch the AHL, so I have no idea how any of the prospects actually play. Soucy could be playing great for all I know, and Mennell a defensive nightmare.
I actually believe the rule for hf used to be 45 games to graduate, and that's what these threads used to be based on.

Remember, hf used to be more than just a hockey forum.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Seeler is past 65 games now. I'd take Greenway off the list, he'll get to 65 games this year. Kunin might, but I think he (and JEE) will be heading back to Iowa once the All-Star break starts.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Seeler is past 65 games now. I'd take Greenway off the list, he'll get to 65 games this year. Kunin might, but I think he (and JEE) will be heading back to Iowa once the All-Star break starts.
Sooner for Ek if Fehr indeed comes back sometime in the next 3 games as Bruce has suggested may happen.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And the NHL rule for rookies is essentially 25, so 65 seems insanely long.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sooner for Ek if Fehr indeed comes back sometime in the next 3 games as Bruce has suggested may happen.

They are on a Vegas/Col road trip for the next 2 games (Mon/Wed). The 3rd game is 12 days from now, after the ASG and mandated 4 days off.

Did Fehr even travel with the team?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually believe the rule for hf used to be 45 games to graduate, and that's what these threads used to be based on.

Remember, hf used to be more than just a hockey forum.
And the NHL rule for rookies is essentially 25, so 65 seems insanely long.
The info is on the first post of this thread. Seeler is not only omitted due to GP, but age.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bitten continuing to get points, Sokolov seems to be running into a rookie wall, or slump.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
how would y'all rank the wild's top 10 prospects at the halfway mark?
biggest surprise? biggest riser? i assume filip johansson will rate as your biggest disappointment,
but anyone else who fits that description?

i really liked mcbain last june, but haven't really followed him this year.

I rank guys by pro potential/upside.

1. Kaprizov
2. Kahkonen
3. Shaw
4. Sokolov
5. Dewar
6. Filip Johansson (low-scoring league, but he's the team's top-pairing defenseman, and he's still 18)
7. Belpedio (don't think he skates well enough to be a true middle-pairing NHLer)
8. Khovanov
9. McBain
10. Simon Johansson

Lodnia, Boudrias, Menell..

middling group - even if you included Kunin and Greenway.

Reactions: neelynugs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino