Prospect Info: 2018-2019 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Bitten continuing to get points, Sokolov seems to be running into a rookie wall, or slump.
Sokolov has landed in Army’s doghouse for some reason. He was producing well being given 3rd line minutes, but he was soon moved to the 4th line. Offensively he should easily be a .5ppg player in the AHL.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I rank guys by pro potential/upside.

1. Kaprizov
2. Kahkonen
3. Shaw
4. Sokolov
5. Dewar
6. Filip Johansson (low-scoring league, but he's the team's top-pairing defenseman, and he's still 18)
7. Belpedio (don't think he skates well enough to be a true middle-pairing NHLer)
8. Khovanov
9. McBain
10. Simon Johansson

Lodnia, Boudrias, Menell..

middling group - even if you included Kunin and Greenway.

I like your list a lot. Mines goes something like this:
Kirill Kaprizov
Kaapo Kahkonen
Shaw
Sokolov
F. Johansson
Khovanov
S. Johansson
Belpedio
McBain
Dewar

Periods represent gap in talent/NHL potential

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im higher on sokolov & khovanov over shaw or FJ1. i don't understand goalies at all. SJ2 imo is doing better than FJ1 but each to his own. im glad seeler is looking legit since belpedio doesn't look ready. i really think both sokolov & khovanov will look much better next year.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
McBain had mono at beginning of season.
That’s a tough thing to come back from during the year.
I really believe in this kids upside.
I think he’s in the top 3.
FJ looks to be a real disappointment.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Nick Swaney with the 1st period hat trick last night. Not having a bad year at almost a ppg.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Kahkonen looking great in their second game getting hung out to dry late and hes holding the fort. Him and O'reilly both assist on the gwg :laugh:

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Went and saw BC versus U-Conn on Friday. McBain played well: pp goal and a couple assists, named 3rd star of the game. Uses his body well, has decent hands. Another year or two of college will serve him well but liked what I saw.

Best player on the ice was probably Ruslan Iskhakov (Islanders 2018 2nd rounder) - looks like Parise out there.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bitten continues to put up points after his very slow start. His speed is appealing.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
When do you guys figure Kahkonen will be in NHL and potentially start taking over as #1??!!
Probably sometime after Dubnyk's contract is up in 2021??!!

I guess he could start challenging for the starts in that 2020-21 season. I don't see it happening next year unless something goes wrong.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Probably sometime after Dubnyk's contract is up in 2021??!!

Ya i am wondering if he will slowly come in and play more and more each year... Like the Rinne/Saros type thing.. Older goalie help mentor new young guy

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ya i am wondering if he will slowly come in and play more and more each year... Like the Rinne/Saros type thing.. Older goalie help mentor new young guy
Sorry, I added more to clarify. It's hard to say at this point but him being the backup and pushing for the starter position in 2020-21 seems like it'd be ideal. Assuming more drastic changes don't happen in goal between now and then.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Stalock just signed for 3 years. Not that KK can't pass him, but it's another hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad