OT: 2018-2019 College & NBA hoops thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For a brief moment it looked like the fix was in with the Lakers and Knicks in the top four lol

I never got the conspiracy theory that the NBA rigged the lottery back in the day so the Knicks could get Patrick Ewing. Why the hell would they rig anything for them? I believe other stuff has been rigged by the league, but not that.

I don't neccesarily buy it BUT in a pre-social media age having a generational college basketball icon go to NY to play at the Garden (where he played quite a bit in the Big East) certainly moved the needle a lot more than him going to say, Indiana would have.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Knicks pick 3rd lmao

Even getting three does help them though...if nothing else they either draft Barrett/Morant or are able to trade them in a Davis-type deal. Supposedly after Zion, Barrett and Morant are their own tier then a dropoff after.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I was deathly afraid of the Lakers getting number 1. They're an overturned gas tanker fire right now, they don't need or deserve to be bailed out. Luckily, they're not in the top 3.

I'm not much of an NBA follower (I just started watching again this season) so the news that the Knicks will probably trade for Davis with that pick is interesting. Maybe they will get one or two prime free agents after all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah this could actually work out for the Knicks if they are able to trade for Davis and get Durant. Of course this also puts the chances of Davis wanting to stay in NO from nil to slightly above nil. Maybe with new management and Zion on the way he repairs the bridge he burned.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I grew up rooting for Ewing, Starks, and Oakley, but I have nothing but contempt for Dolan. I wish Knick fans would stop going to games. Maybe that will get him to sell the team. But he's a spoiled child who gets rewarded for putting absolute shit on the court.

I LOL'd that they didn't get the first pick

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
i've said it before and i'll say it again.

most embarrassing franchise in the new york metropolitan area, and it's not even remotely ****ing close. not even the jets or nets.

Jets literally woke up today and said "hold my beer." Firing their GM at this point in the offseason when major decisions/moves have been made? This is partially why I dropped them for the Detroit Lions. It's that bad with the Jets.

If anyone wants a good laugh, go on YouTube and search "Knicks fan reaction". Pure gold.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I doubt NO trades Davis now. With him, Zion, and Holliday thats a pretty damn good core
I'm not sure 2 bigs as part of a core in todays NBA is the way to go.

And if Davis doesn't want to stay their hand may be forced anyways.

Though I would rather have Davis then Zion.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
If you're going to run that set play Steph has to hit that. Otherwise you have 2 guys with no defender within 15 feet of them on the other side of the court. NBA players who should be able to hit a wide open mid range jumper with their eyes closed.

They only needed 2. Poor coaching and/or execution.

Saddest thing I've seen since pops pulled Duncan when all they needed was a rebound to take the title in game 6.

1 of Kerr or Steph needs to be thrown under the bus for that trash.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
If Durant doesn't get hurt, the Warriors are winning another title.

I watched the end of games 5 and 6. The Raptors won despite their Benny Hill shenanigans at the end of both games. Why would you EVER call timeout when you have momentum? And then to watch the Raptors inbound the ball at half court then throw the ball away because 4 other guys are standing around watching the fifth guy get trapped between half court and the out of bounds lines was pathetic.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Wooooooooooo parade on Monday is going to be litttttt.

Raptors won based on defense. Let that sink in, the Warriors didn't score more then 109 points in any game in the finals.

Did the Raptors benefit from the injuries sure, but the playoffs are a grind, injuries happen and GS had no problem kicking the Rockets ass even with Durant injured.

I don't want to hear it, Lets Go Raptors.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
If you're going to run that set play Steph has to hit that. Otherwise you have 2 guys with no defender within 15 feet of them on the other side of the court. NBA players who should be able to hit a wide open mid range jumper with their eyes closed.

They only needed 2. Poor coaching and/or execution.

Saddest thing I've seen since pops pulled Duncan when all they needed was a rebound to take the title in game 6.

1 of Kerr or Steph needs to be thrown under the bus for that trash.

Raptors forced the ball to be thrown across the court. When Draymond got the ball, he was off balance and had to throw it away before he went out of bounds.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wooooooooooo parade on Monday is going to be litttttt.

Raptors won based on defense. Let that sink in, the Warriors didn't score more then 109 points in any game in the finals.

Did the Raptors benefit from the injuries sure, but the playoffs are a grind, injuries happen and GS had no problem kicking the Rockets ass even with Durant injured.

I don't want to hear it, Lets Go Raptors.

Yeah nobody cared the Warriors won their first title with Kyrie and Kevin Love both on the shelf so it’s a little hypocritical to asterisk this one. An oddly fitting bookend really since LeBron took two games off the Warriors playing with the scrubinis while Curry got two games this year playing with scrubs and gimps.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Yeah nobody cared the Warriors won their first title with Kyrie and Kevin Love both on the shelf so it’s a little hypocritical to asterisk this one. An oddly fitting bookend really since LeBron took two games off the Warriors playing with the scrubinis while Curry got two games this year playing with scrubs and gimps.

Lebron really won those 2 games with scrubs. Steph still had some really good players in Iggy, Draymond and Klay, although the latter was only for one win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad