OT: 2018-2019 College & NBA hoops thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now those Vegas odds numbers make sense.

Did we really expect AD to go anywhere else? Especially with Golden State's dynasty on life support. Unless someone went crazy and rolled the dice on a Kawhi-type gamble since he and his agent pretty much said Lakers/Knicks or bust.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Did we really expect AD to go anywhere else? Especially with Golden State's dynasty on life support. Unless someone went crazy and rolled the dice on a Kawhi-type gamble since he and his agent pretty much said Lakers/Knicks or bust.

How did the Pelicans make out here? Do any of the players they got have the potential to blossom into Stars?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How did the Pelicans make out here? Do any of the players they got have the potential to blossom into Stars?

I'm not exactly an NBA insider but by most accounts it was a steep price for sure.

Of course I can understand why GM LeBron did this, Davis would probably re-up in LA and they still have enough cap room to get even another FA, they can build the Miami model of three stars, Kuzma and filler to win a title.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
DAVIS allegedly had to go to LA so his unibrow brand could grow. I’m m not sure he really thought it through and I’m not sure if going with LeBron’s representation was in Davis’s best interests or more likely LeBron’s best interests. DAVIS will now be LeBron’s sidekick and valet. Maybe that will grow his brand but I think the Warriors proved that actual winning adds more value to your brand than just playing in a big market. With LeBron aging and their draft picks tied up for years to come I’m not sure that DAVIS went to a team with much of a near term future unless that LA mystique lures some more players there in free agency before LeBron ages to the point where he is ineffective.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Man, Kyrie and KD (along with DeAndre Jordan) going to the Nets. I know people hate the Nets now but honestly I don't think they're getting these FA's if they're still in NJ since unfortunately that stigma still exists. And at least it wasn't the Knicks getting rewarded for tanking.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Man, Kyrie and KD (along with DeAndre Jordan) going to the Nets. I know people hate the Nets now but honestly I don't think they're getting these FA's if they're still in NJ since unfortunately that stigma still exists. And at least it wasn't the Knicks getting rewarded for tanking.
There it is!

It's going to be nice watching that team with genuine intrigue again.

https://es.pn/31YSYAZ

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I stopped being a Nets fan because they dubbed themselves too good for NJ

Now I gotta see this.

Feels sad man.

But you know what doesn't feel sad? Seeing the Knicks continue to be the Bing of NYC pro sports teams

Last edited:
Reactions: New Jersey

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Meh .. gives me less reason to root for the Nets. The becoming contenders overnight strategy in the NBA turns me off to be honest. It just doesn't feel as earned as a Stanley Cup.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I stopped being a Nets fan because they dubbed themselves too good for NJ

Now I gotta see this.

Feels sad man.

But you know what doesn't feel sad? Seeing the Knicks continue to be the Bing of NYC pro sports teams
I don't know man, as much as I loathe the Knicks this town has an exceptional amount of incompetent owners and poorly run franchises.

The Nets aren't exactly an exception to that.

Yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad