2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Brook's competition will come from Dobson and Bouchard on the right side. Makar, Foote and Timmins were all 98 born and thus ineligible for the tourny.
and knowing the Oilers, they might use Bouchard as soon as next fall in their line-up, so yeah, Brook's chances to mate TC are pretty good at this point...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
An interesting look at the production of players from the recent NHL draft using NHLe (points adjusted for league):

Montreal looks really good here:

DhO-lPoXkAE0Gw0.png:large

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone know if the Russia WJC summer camp roster was revealed? Do they even have one? I haven't heard anything about it and unless I'm blind, can't find anything online about it.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Super OT, does anyone know what Tyszka's ethnicity is? Didn't realize he wasn't white until I saw pics of him close up at dev camp

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Did Koberstein find an offensive game this year? Doubled his point total from 2016-17.

Saw him twice last year, he played well enough as his team actually looked good against Poehling's team and that was shocking as Koberstein's team is terrible and in the 2nd weakest conference in the NCAA. His team won only 11 games all year but benefited from having 2 worse teams in their conference including Alaska Anchorage who were the worst team in the entire NCAA with just 4 wins all year.

Koberstein just about hit career highs across the board, just not goals. When all the NCAA schedules are out, I'll check and see if I'll get to see him or not, plan on watching a lot of NCAA, mostly SCSU, Denver and Northeastern (already saw their schedule, weak in terms of Hab prospects but the games are free to watch)

Reactions: Habs76

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Where do you guys think Juulsen, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Brooks and Ylonen rank when compared to their prospect counter parts ? D/C/Ws.

I think Kotkaniemi starts being a serious option after Necas, Pettersson and Mittlestatd. Glass, Vilardi, Borgstrom, Chytil and Thomas are notables prospect that Id put behind Kotkaniemi.

Do we have the 4th best C prospect in the NHL ? Main board ranked him 6th behind Strome and Vilardi + The guys above, but were extra petty soliciting votes for Strome and Vilardi for Kotkaniemi not to get in... And theyre hella biased against anything Habs.

Aside from the obvious top 10 (IMO)(Dahlin, Heiskanen, Boqvist, Makar, Dobson, Hughes, Smith, Jokiharju, Timmins, Alexeyev) I don't think it's too wrong to say Juulsen, Brooks and Mete fit in with other guys like Myers, Liljegren, Valimaki, Brannstrom, Foote, Hague.) Personally, Id say Juulsen/Mete starts being a really strong option behind Brannstrom and Foote.

For wingers, theres obviously Svechnikov, Wahlstrom, Zadina, Tolvanen, Kaprizov, Kravtsov, Tkachuk, Farabee that Id rank ahead of Ylonen, but after that, IMO, he's right at home there. Maybe theres Kyrou, Katchouk, Abramov, Lind, Bellows and Robertson that I would consider too ?

Is it homerism to say we have a top 5 C prospect, top 10 W prospect, two/three top 30 D prospect and top 10 G prospect ?

This prospect pool has me going freaking nuts.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Where do you guys think Juulsen, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Brooks and Ylonen rank when compared to their prospect counter parts ? D/C/Ws.

I think Kotkaniemi starts being a serious option after Necas, Pettersson and Mittlestatd. Glass, Vilardi, Borgstrom, Chytil and Thomas are notables prospect that Id put behind Kotkaniemi.

Do we have the 4th best C prospect in the NHL ? Main board ranked him 6th behind Strome and Vilardi + The guys above, but were extra petty soliciting votes for Strome and Vilardi for Kotkaniemi not to get in... And theyre hella biased against anything Habs.

Aside from the obvious top 10 (IMO)(Dahlin, Heiskanen, Boqvist, Makar, Dobson, Hughes, Smith, Jokiharju, Timmins, Alexeyev) I don't think it's too wrong to say Juulsen, Brooks and Mete fit in with other guys like Myers, Liljegren, Valimaki, Brannstrom, Foote, Hague.) Personally, Id say Juulsen/Mete starts being a really strong option behind Brannstrom and Foote.

For wingers, theres obviously Svechnikov, Wahlstrom, Zadina, Tolvanen, Kaprizov, Kravtsov, Tkachuk, Farabee that Id rank ahead of Ylonen, but after that, IMO, he's right at home there. Maybe theres Kyrou, Katchouk, Abramov, Lind, Bellows and Robertson that I would consider too ?

Is it homerism to say we have a top 5 C prospect, top 10 W prospect, two/three top 30 D prospect and top 10 G prospect ?

Yes, it's probably a bit of homerism, but that's ok!! It's certainly a much better pool than it has been in years. Maybe in 20 years! Getting another top 10 pick & some extra picks when we deal Byron, Pleks and Patches would definitely give us the best pool of young players we have had since the days when we got all the players from Quebec and Eastern Canada!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Bro, you're supposed to wait until after the WJSS to start saying shit like ''Best U20 prospect in all of hockey.''

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Honestly, I'm still 100% expecting the local media to crap on Kotka big time at the summer camp cause they've never actually seen him play and they'll be looking for flashy dekes and coast to coast puck carries. I fully expect him NOT to get hyped much initially . I'll admit my opinion of sport journalists in general is real low though so I might get surprised in the end.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly, I'm still 100% expecting the local media to crap on Kotka big time at the summer camp cause they've never actually seen him play and they'll be looking for flashy dekes and coast to coast puck carries. I fully expect him NOT to get hyped much initially . I'll admit my opinion of sport journalists in general is real low though so I might get surprised in the end.
Yeah, the french media is terrible.

Funny thing is, Kotka is exactly the type of player RDS and TVA would rave about if his name wasn't Kotkaniemi.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

This year is going to be pretty insufferable, especially if Zadina ends up in the NHL. ''REEEEEEE WE SHUDDA PICKED ZERDEENER!!1!!1!''

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad