2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yes, it's probably a bit of homerism, but that's ok!! It's certainly a much better pool than it has been in years. Maybe in 20 years! Getting another top 10 pick & some extra picks when we deal Byron, Pleks and Patches would definitely give us the best pool of young players we have had since the days when we got all the players from Quebec and Eastern Canada!

Yeah it's nice to have some quantity and quality. Still missing a few absolute can't miss guys.

I think this draft could do wonders for us but not enough to get us into contender land BY ITSELF. We should at least stink another year. 2 would be perfect. Hoping we can amass more picks in the next little while.

Reactions: JohnLennon

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sucks that Henrikson is still looking for a team to play in. This kid should have come in NA. Unless they already don't believe in him, they should have talked to have him being picked at the Import Draft.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sucks that Henrikson is still looking for a team to play in. This kid should have come in NA. Unless they already don't believe in him, they should have talked to have him being picked at the Import Draft.
I remember watching his very first prospect camp, he looked like he had some tools to work with, giant frame with good mobility and all. I agree he might have been better served by a different development path. Even going the USHL/College route might have been an option, it's getting more and more popular with the Scandinavian prospects that can't find a way on the main teams back home.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I remember watching his very first prospect camp, he looked like he had some tools to work with, giant frame with good mobility and all. I agree he might have been better served by a different development path. Even going the USHL/College route might have been an option, it's getting more and more popular with the Scandinavian prospects that can't find a way on the main teams back home.

I liked him very much in his first camp. I just don't understand how in late July, one of your prospects still have to find a place to play.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I believe we lose his rights if he plays in the CHL. Don't quote me on that though

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
not that I'm aware of but I don't see any CHL team wanting a 20 year old that hasn't done much of anything.
Well, if he were considered a junior prospect he would have re-entered the draft this year. Not sure what his classification becomes if he plays there

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well, if he were considered a junior prospect he would have re-entered the draft this year. Not sure what his classification becomes if he plays there

That's only for CHLers though, the Habs have Henrikson till June 1st 2020 because he was drafted out of the Euro leagues so you get 4 years for them.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
That's only for CHLers though, the Habs have Henrikson till June 1st 2020 because he was drafted out of the Euro leagues so you get 4 years for them.
So if he were to come over and play this year in the CHL, he would still be considered a Euro prospect?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So if he were to come over and play this year in the CHL, he would still be considered a Euro prospect?

I'd have to think about that one, I don't recall that ever happening, but it's a moot point since I don't see a team using their overage slot on a Euro that hasn't done anything.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'd have to think about that one, I don't recall that ever happening, but it's a moot point since I don't see a team using their overage slot on a Euro that hasn't done anything.
Yeah I don't either, was replying to the other poster who said Arvid should have came overseas in the Import Draft

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It was probably mentioned already but the work that Mitch Brown does for Athlétique is nothing short but spectacular. He is putting out a list of our prospect of details that the guy uses is out of this world. Good job Mitch.

Yes it's a really great top 20 list. He really breaks down the players well gives interesting stats and videos. He has his own biases, but he is pretty aware of them and stats his reasoning pretty clearly so that even if you disagree you see where he is coming from.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The only gripe I have with his reports is that I have to pay for them now :laugh: . I've posted links to his stuff many times in the past(when it was free), he always puts a lot of effort into them.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It was probably mentioned already but the work that Mitch Brown does for Athlétique is nothing short but spectacular. He is putting out a list of our prospect of details that the guy uses is out of this world. Good job Mitch.

His work is the most extensive. Very detailed. He puts up graphs and tables to illustrate his point and the reason he thinks highly or poorly of a prospect. He puts up gifs and video links to showcase a prospect in action.

I'm not the biggest fan of analytics. So those graphs don't really interest me (I would tune out when those were displayed at school), but I can appreciate the fact he's putting up these things to illustrate his point. There are readers who like that stuff.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
On another note HEOTP are posting daily articles on prospects. They're a decent read for cheap folks like me who can't read Brown's stuff.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Pronman: Sweden's world juniors coach Tomas Monten reports...

Corey Pronman did an interview with Sweden's U20 coach Tomas Monten to talk about a bunch of their players.

Here's what he had to say about Olofsson

CP: The other one is Jacob Olofsson (MTL), who was the top junior player in the Allsvenskan. He had an interesting season, somewhat up and down.

Monten: He was very good every time I had him in November and in the pre-tournament games in December. I still don’t know if I made the right call not to put him on the final team. My feeling is he should have maybe been on that team. I know he was up and down. He had an injury at the Under-18s. I know a lot of scouts had issues with him before the draft. His club team went up a division, he scored I think eight game-winning goals. It was a surprise for me he didn’t get picked earlier.

CP: What stands out the most to you about him?

Monten: His hockey IQ. He’s so smart, he’s big, strong, he always ends up on the right side of the puck. I think a lot of NHL teams are going to feel down the road we made a bad call.

CP: I know Montreal is very excited about him.

Monten: They’re going to have a great player.

Interesting to hear he almost made the team last year. Also, later in the article he mentioned that Lundestrom will be the 1st line centre for Sweden again, playing first PP too. Unless he plays on the wing on PP, looks like Olofsson will have 2nd wave duty. He'll probably first PK unit responsibilities though.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Great to hear that from his coach.

I thought Olofsson could have been a first rounder before the draft, glad to see the coach doesn't agree with his fall either

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Finally some good news on the injury front. Felt like every prospect was injured or scratched for precaution - Ylonen, Brook, Poehling, Ikonen.. I believe Evans is currently hurt too. And Vejdemo? All over the map.

Anyways, happy for Brook, and hoping he kills it at camp.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Finally some good news on the injury front. Felt like every prospect was injured or scratched for precaution - Ylonen, Brook, Poehling, Ikonen.. I believe Evans is currently hurt too. And Vejdemo? All over the map.

Anyways, happy for Brook, and hoping he kills it at camp.

It's been a few years we couldn't fully enjoy things because someone always had long term injuries, from prospects to roster players.

Vejdemo' healthy. Evans was a 6-week recovery. I believe that has passed so he should be back to full health.

Ylönen is a mystery. I asked around but no one knows. I hope he'll be good enough for the start of Liiga.

Last year, Brook got hurt at camp and missed half the year in WHL. Then he was hurt for development camp this year. So I'm hurtin' to see this kid healthy and follow his progress without anymore delays.

Last year, Juulsen and Addison (two prospects I really like and was excited to see start their pro career) were out long term also.

We know these guys get hurt. But it's one thing to miss a few games or a week or two. But it's been non-stop long term injuries.

From Price to Gallagher to Galchenyuk to Weber to Danault to Juulsen to Mete to Brook to... and to... and to...

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
It's been a few years we couldn't fully enjoy things because someone always had long term injuries, from prospects to roster players.

Vejdemo' healthy. Evans was a 6-week recovery. I believe that has passed so he should be back to full health.

Ylönen is a mystery. I asked around but no one knows. I hope he'll be good enough for the start of Liiga.

Last year, Brook got hurt at camp and missed half the year in WHL. Then he was hurt for development camp this year. So I'm hurtin' to see this kid healthy and follow his progress without anymore delays.

Last year, Juulsen and Addison (two prospects I really like and was excited to see start their pro career) were out long term also.

We know these guys get hurt. But it's one thing to miss a few games or a week or two. But it's been non-stop long term injuries.

From Price to Gallagher to Galchenyuk to Weber to Danault to Juulsen to Mete to Brook to... and to... and to...
It propagates throughout the organisation. Anything associated with Montreal has been doomed to injury.

Juulsen and Addison missing to start the year was such a buzzkill last year. Weber and Byron starting the year injured this year feels like another "here we go again". We need more news like Brook's, we need more players like Pacioretty/Wolverine, we need these guys to stay healthy or come back from injury sooner than expected! Especially the young players, as they miss out on key development time due to injury, and it's frustrating.

Really curious to hear what's going on with Ylonen btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->