2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Mete, is great. Tyzka and Romanov should play pro if things continue to improve. I've never seen Harris and don't have much faith in Walford.i

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Canada - Brook, outside chance of Hillis and McShane
USA - Poehling, Primeau
Sweden - Olofsson
Finland - Kotkaniemi, Ikonen outside chance of Ylonen
Russia - You never know Romanov?

Ylonen will be there most likely. He's at the summer camp for Team Finland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ookhaab

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Canada - Brook, outside chance of Hillis and McShane
USA - Poehling, Primeau
Sweden - Olofsson
Finland - Kotkaniemi, Ikonen outside chance of Ylonen
Russia - You never know Romanov?

Ylonens a lock imo, i think theyre dying to get him on that team

And i like Romanovs chances simply because he ISNT in the CHL lol

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Olofsson and Ikonen are locks

Outside chance with Tsyzka, Hillis, Fonstad and McShane.

Who knows with Primeau and Romanov.

Primeau is likely their starting goalie as of now unless he has a terrible camp next month and or really bad start to the season.

Not sure what the f*** is taking Canada so long to announce the roster for the summer camp. All the other countries have had theirs out for days. We still don't even know who the coach is going to be, if it's Hunter as the rumor says or someone else.

Hopefully Ikonen can get back around mid-Nov, not sure if they will take him if he is back too much later then that. I know he's slated to be back in early December so it could be real close if that's the case.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Primeau is likely their starting goalie as of now unless he has a terrible camp next month and or really bad start to the season.

Not sure what the **** is taking Canada so long to announce the roster for the summer camp. All the other countries have had theirs out for days. We still don't even know who the coach is going to be, if it's Hunter as the rumor says or someone else.

Hopefully Ikonen can get back around mid-Nov, not sure if they will take him if he is back too much later then that. I know he's slated to be back in early December so it could be real close if that's the case.
Im really ignorant on goalies, thatd be nice though.

Totally forgot about Ikonens surgery, sad.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Its always more fun when we have guys in the WJC race, it just is, i mean i watch anyway, but its more exciting having a horse on Team Canada, and its even BETTER having some on canada ANd other teams

I hope the WJC narrative this year is people getting SICK of all the habs prospects in the tourney looking good lol

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I really enjoyed Ylonen's vids. Can't say I know much about the player but call it a gut feeling, I see a complete player.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Brook will have ton of competition on the right side... Makar, Foote, Timmins, Dobson, Bouchard... ouch.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Brook will have ton of competition on the right side... Makar, Foote, Timmins, Dobson, Bouchard... ouch.

Maybe Makar/Foote/Timmins makes the NHL? Don't know them enough... Makar plays NCAA so he would have to turn pro to attend the camp, which I doubt he does...

There are always injuries too and maybe they go with a right handed shot on the left side for a change!!

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Seems like Reway will be playing in the Czech league this year, league in which he dominated 4 years ago, really saddening to see how his heart problem slow down and even regressed his development, I really liked this prospect and I had high hope for him, extremely improbable he ever makes it to the NHL now unfortunately.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
who cares about positional need.

And Walford, Tszyka, Romanov, Harris and Mete is a pretty deep group of prospect at LD.

I wouldn't call it deep only Mete & maybe Romanov are legit NHL prospects. But, it is better than what it has been for awhile.

We need a Dobson type except on the left side. Tough to get.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Seems like Reway will be playing in the Czech league this year, league in which he dominated 4 years ago, really saddening to see how his heart problem slow down and even regressed his development, I really liked this prospect and I had high hope for him, extremely improbable he ever makes it to the NHL now unfortunately.
Yeah, thats one player that was certain to be a top 6er for me. Sad.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Brook's competition will come from Dobson and Bouchard on the right side. Makar, Foote and Timmins were all 98 born and thus ineligible for the tourny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad