2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Alexander Romanov played CSKA Moscow's 1st pre-season game on the 1st pairing with former Red Wing Alexey Marchenko. He was good defenseively and pinched a few times, one time leading to a clear breakaway. He's making a case to get a spot on the senior roster from the sounds of things.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Alexander Romanov played CSKA Moscow's 1st pre-season game on the 1st pairing with former Red Wing Alexey Marchenko. He was good defenseively and pinched a few times, one time leading to a clear breakaway. He's making a case to get a spot on the senior roster from the sounds of things.
Thanks for the information! Great to hear.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Did he get a breakaway or concede one?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
One of Poehling or Tkachuk was likely to be the captain for US in the u20, but with Tkachuk turning pro I think Poehling is a shoo-in for the captaincy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
One of Poehling or Tkachuk was likely to be the captain for US in the u20, but with Tkachuk turning pro I think Poehling is a shoo-in for the captaincy.

Tkachuk only signed a pro contract. It doesn't guarantee he will play pro. The London Knights own his rights in the CHL and sending him there is an option the Sens have. Not to mention even if he plays in AHL or NHL, they can still loan him to US for the WJC.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Would be an impressive feat for Romanov to make CSKA out of camp, that's a stacked team.

This year Ozhiganov scored 9 points in 42 games and earned an NHL contract

Anathema

Nov 23, 2017
Olofsson played today against Sheffield and had an assist, his first pre-season point if i’m not mistaken.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Olofsson played today against Sheffield and had an assist, his first pre-season point if i’m not mistaken.

From what I read he did not play...maybe you got him mixed up with Ohlsson?

The conditions for the evening's match are slightly changed. Törnqvist, Olofsson, Hållander, Falk, Blomberg and Madsen stand over the evening's match and instead Guter, Rensfeldt, Collberg and Ohlsson enter. The chains and back pairs are also slightly changed before the match of the evening.

Inför andra mötet mot Sheffield Steelers

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Fair enough. Don't get me wrong I loved our last draft. One of my favourites on paper since following them more or less. If not my actual favourite. I'm hyped on Ylonen too. I've since cooled on Olofsson (for foolish reasons) but I actually think Hillis could be something. Like what I see from Romanov's game. I like all the picks except Houde and even he apparently had a decent dev. camp.

I actually think that the drafting under MB has been a pretty decent improvement. We've really only seen the returns on '12 and '13 and those 2 were pretty miserable. '14 and '15 suffered from lack of picks but there's still Scherbak and Juulsen who shown some very nice things as pros. As well as Evans.

The last 3 drafts were quite good.

I hope he's right. But yeah I'll check out his profile on us.
I'm of a similar opinion as you. I think both Timmins and Bergevin have done a good job at drafting, and the team has suffered more from a lack of picks and poor development than actual bad drafting.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this past summer's draft, same as you. It's really exciting to see someone as knowledgeable and reputable as Corey Pronman regard the current state of our prospect pool so highly.

Considering the remaining teams, I'd have to guess the Habs are among the next on the ranking, somewhere along with Vegas, NYI, or Detroit who also haven't been named yet.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I'm of a similar opinion as you. I think both Timmins and Bergevin have done a good job at drafting, and the team has suffered more from a lack of picks and poor development than actual bad drafting.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this past summer's draft, same as you. It's really exciting to see someone as knowledgeable and reputable as Corey Pronman regard the current state of our prospect pool so highly.

Considering the remaining teams, I'd have to guess the Habs are among the next on the ranking, somewhere along with Vegas, NYI, or Detroit who also haven't been named yet.

Sylvain Lefebvre was very bad to develop.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
McShane probably plays W at the NHL level, so I'm fine with that.. but, ideally, him and Fonstad play C throughout their junior careers and the decision is made at the pro level.

Houde having an injury is whatever, he's the same level of prospect for me as Pezzetta and Koberstein.

Reactions: Chris Cutter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad