2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospects in action today:

- Romanov @ 12:30 ET (CSKA Moscow vs. Sibir Novobisirk)
- Olofsson @ 2PM ET (Timra IK vs. Lulea)
- Hillis @ 7PM ET (Guelph vs. Kitchener)

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
None so far. He's still recovering. He was skating with the injured players in Montreal not long ago (Weber, Schlemko, and Deslauriers at the time). But I believe he hasn't been officially returned to Junior, but he's in Seattle around the Thunderbirds.

I’m going to go see the t birds play this weekend, was hoping to see him play. Hope he’s back soon .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hillis with 5 pts in the last 3 games, what really hurt him was 1 pt in 7 games. For a guy that should be over a ppg this year on a good team, that's going to sting. But as long as he gets his confidence going and starts shooting more he should be fine. I can see why he likes to pass so much, he's such a good passer, but clearly he can score if he was able to pot 20 as a rookie.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hillis with 5 pts in the last 3 games, what really hurt him was 1 pt in 7 games. For a guy that should be over a ppg this year on a good team, that's going to sting. But as long as he gets his confidence going and starts shooting more he should be fine. I can see why he likes to pass so much, he's such a good passer, but clearly he can score if he was able to pot 20 as a rookie.

Mitch Brown on The Athletic wrote about Hillis' slow start. But he compared it to last year where he had another slow start. But he picked it up and had 50+ points in less than 50 games.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was worried for a bit, but only because I have very high expectations for the guy. I'm on record saying he'd go 90+ this year.

I was definitely hoping for a better start because obviously I loved the kid last year and have high hopes for him. Quickness is my issue and I hope he gets more because the brain and skills are there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was definitely hoping for a better start because obviously I loved the kid last year and have high hopes for him. Quickness is my issue and I hope he gets more because the brain and skills are there.

I only saw a few games from him last year, I watched them after the draft since i never saw him before. In the two games I saw this season, he looks to at least have improved his skating. I know he was working with a skating coach over the summer.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I only saw a few games from him last year, I watched them after the draft since i never saw him before. In the two games I saw this season, he looks to at least have improved his skating. I know he was working with a skating coach over the summer.

That's good news. Because as you will see the more you watch him. When he's on his game (I've heard from others in Guelph that early on he was forcing bad passes) he just makes the right pass all the time. And he will make them in situations where you normally wouldn't see the guy make that pass. I really think he's the type of player who will get better as his linemates get better up the league's.

Reactions: WinterLion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's already been mentioned in the Suzuki thread, but just in case someone misses it in there, after Brook was named Team WHL captain, Suzuki was named captain for Team OHL.

But it should be specified that although the WHL and QMJHL will have one squad to play both games in their respective series, the OHL have two squads (each will play one game). So Suzuki is named captain for one of the two squads. According to OHL, he and Cam Hillis will be on the same squad in the first game that will take place in Sarnia.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Awesome news! Romanov made the Team Russia for the Canada/Russia series.

So Habs prospects we can watch:

- Romanov for Russia
- Brook (c) & Walford for WHL
- Suzuki (c) & Hillis for OHL (Game 1 only)
- Teasdale for QMJHL

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Awesome news! Romanov made the Team Russia for the Canada/Russia series.

So Habs prospects we can watch:

- Romanov for Russia
- Brook (c) & Walford for WHL
- Suzuki (c) & Hillis for OHL (Game 1 only)
- Teasdale for QMJHL

That's great, to be honest besides some highlights I have not watched much of Romanov
Get a closer look on his performances!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad