2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects (Part II) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Anyone else still high on Walford? I still have some hope for him progressing and making NHL one day.

The HFBoards poster who spends a lot of time scouting the WHL plus has a respectable draft record (@Stive Morgan) thinks Walford is a decent prospect but is just concerned by the overall lack of progress from his draft year until now. (At least that's what I remember, Stive can probably give you a better overall image of his thoughts on Walford)

Yeah, watching him pretty closely I can say he is better than his numbers suggest, but he has had minimal progression or development since his draft year. I would really like to see him traded. Victoria currently sits at #2 in a very weak B.C. division (except for Vancouver) but they only have a 1 point lead for their playoff spot, and he's their best/only good D so I don't know if they would be shopping him or not. I would love to see him in Everett or Moose Jaw. I have heard chatter of Outhouse and Walford being moved at the deadline but it will obviously come down to Victoria's position in the standings.

Anyways, I digress. He's one of those D who isn't flashy and whose play doesn't really show up on the scoreboard. Good first pass, solid PP quarterback but rarely ends up getting assists (Victoria's got the 2nd worst PP in the WHL, and he's basically the closest thing they have to an offensive defenseman/PP quarterback,) good defensive IQ (he handles 2-on-1's really well) I think at this point his peak is a reliable bottom pairing D but will probably spend most of his career in the AHL. He's not bad, but he's not great either. Time will tell.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Owen Sound Attack (1 - 6) Niagara Ice Dogs

- Suzuki with one of the rare games he was held off the score sheet / -2 / 5 SOG / 65% (11/17) FOW

Halifax Mooseheads (1 - 3) Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

- Joël Teasdale with 2 assists / +2 / 4 SOG / 1 Hit / 2 PIM (Hooking) / 63% (5/8) FOW

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospects in action today:

Sam Houde @ 7:30PM ET
McShane @ 7:30PM ET
(He's playing against Hillis' Guelph Storm, but Hillis is serving the second of a two-game suspension)
Josh Brook @ 9PM ET
Primeau & Harris @ 7:30PM ET
Poehling @ 7:30 PM ET
Gorniak @ 8PM ET
Henrikson @ 8PM ET
Koberstein @ 11PM ET

Reactions: Locks

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau making his 38th consecutive start. Great to see him getting so much time. Game just started and NU is up 2-0 already although they are playing one of the weaker teams in the HE.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Primeau making his 38th consecutive start. Great to see him getting so much time. Game just started and NU is up 2-0 already although they are playing one of the weaker teams in the HE.
started to watch it was already 5-1 lol, did Harris get any point so far? Had some nice moments at the end of the first...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau let in a softy but NU just steamrolled Merrimack putting up a 5 spot in the 1st. It was the opposing goalies first start in the NCAA, poor kid didn't even make it through the 1st period.

started to watch it was already 5-1 lol, did Harris get any point so far? Had some nice moments at the end of the first...

no, he wasn't on the ice for any goals.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He was on the ice for the 5th and 6th goal, according to College Hockey News, which is the site I monitor the NCAA scores.

I didn't see him on the 5th and the 6th wasn't scored yet. But I'm only half watching, the game is a blow out, just waiting to watch Laval later on tonight.

Harris gets on the board with an assist on the PP, 8-1 after 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Harris with an assist on the 8th goal.

McShane with a goal (his 8th of the season). Oshawa up 4-2 in the third.

Oshawa won 4-3. McShane with the one goal. He was named the game's first star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Those of you who'd like to get a first hand look at Jack Gorniak can tune in to TSN direct at 8 tonight to watch Wisconsin play Penn state (You do have to subscribe though ) .Hopefully he won't pull a Stapley on us and get tossed within a minute of the start of the game :laugh:

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen has 5 pts in the last 12 games after starting out with just 3 pts in 14 games. He's barely ahead of what Ikonen did last year as Ylonen is at a .31 ppg (26 games) and Ikonen was at a .27 (52 games)

here's a clip in HD, at the start of the clip is his assist and at 1:40 you can see him in on another goal for,

Videokooste: Pelicans - Kärpät 01.12.2018

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I JUST noticed that McShane is on Sportsnet right now for their CHL Saturday Showcase.

McShane adds an assist, as well. 3-0 for Oshawa.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
another pointless game for Olofsson, didn't see though. 15:37 TOI, 2 hits, 47% on draws.

Romanov 8:52 TOI, -1 what's so impressive about him this year, in 26 games in the KHL that's only the 2nd game this year he was a minus player. He's averaged just over 10 minutes a game.

Reactions: Mrb1p

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Is poehling playing wing? I notice he's only got one faceoff draw in the middle of the second period

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Poehling with an assist so far.

Gorniak with an assist so far.

Fonstad with an assist so far.

Suzuki with a goal.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Ylonen has 5 pts in the last 12 games after starting out with just 3 pts in 14 games. He's barely ahead of what Ikonen did last year as Ylonen is at a .31 ppg (26 games) and Ikonen was at a .27 (52 games)

here's a clip in HD, at the start of the clip is his assist and at 1:40 you can see him in on another goal for,

Videokooste: Pelicans - Kärpät 01.12.2018
For what it's worth, I think he's been passing the eye test much better than Ikonen did at the same time last year. There hasn't been a point where he looked like he'd be better off in the junior A league, which wasn't always the case with Ikonen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad