2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects (Part II) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
houde with just 1 pt in the last 7 games, 3 in his last 12.

Stapley with a pt tonight, keeps up his ppg pace.

Suzuki with 2 goals tonight up to 19 on the season already.

Harris with a 2 pt night although against a weak team, will likely watch the game at some point tomorrow.

Primeau has given up 28 goals in his last 10 games. In 4 of those games he's given up less then 3 goals, 4 games he's let in 4 or more.

Gorniak with 3 pts in the last 5 after getting just 1 pt in his first 9 games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are any of our european prospects doing well?

I have only seen a couple games of Ylonen between his Liiga club and at the 4 Nations. His speed and shot are impressive but needs some work on his defensive play. Don't really have a good read on him yet. He looks like he could be a top prospect for us or another Collberg/Kristo.

Olofsson I haven't seen the last few games but have seen a lot of him this year. He has that looks to be a safe bet to be an NHLer but the question is how good can he be. 2nd line, 3rd, 4th line center? I'm not sold on the offense but he's got the size, skating, speed that you want to see and he clearly has some offense.

Romanov is a tough one to figure out, it's very impressive that he's playing in the KHL and mostly on his off-side but I just don't know what he is. He seems to want to be involved in the offensive zone but doesn't have a single point to show for it. He's physical for sure but he's no Emelin there. I've heard he's got a big shot but I really haven't seen it as he often doesn't get shots as he's kind of all over the place in terms of TOI, some games he gets regular shifts, others he just plays here and there.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have only seen a couple games of Ylonen between his Liiga club and at the 4 Nations. His speed and shot are impressive but needs some work on his defensive play. Don't really have a good read on him yet. He looks like he could be a top prospect for us or another Collberg/Kristo.

Olofsson I haven't seen the last few games but have seen a lot of him this year. He has that looks to be a safe bet to be an NHLer but the question is how good can he be. 2nd line, 3rd, 4th line center? I'm not sold on the offense but he's got the size, skating, speed that you want to see and he clearly has some offense.

Romanov is a tough one to figure out, it's very impressive that he's playing in the KHL and mostly on his off-side but I just don't know what he is. He seems to want to be involved in the offensive zone but doesn't have a single point to show for it. He's physical for sure but he's no Emelin there. I've heard he's got a big shot but I really haven't seen it as he often doesn't get shots as he's kind of all over the place in terms of TOI, some games he gets regular shifts, others he just plays here and there.

I guess it says something that he hangs in there. Playing wrong side, sounds like he may not play with the same partner consistently anymore ( before it was Nestorov, correct? ) and varying TOI. He might not have offense, but in his situation I wouldnt expect any just all about playing safe D. I also wouldnt expect much hitting as you can be caught out delivering big hits.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I guess it says something that he hangs in there. Playing wrong side, sounds like he may not play with the same partner consistently anymore ( before it was Nestorov, correct? ) and varying TOI. He might not have offense, but in his situation I wouldnt expect any just all about playing safe D. I also wouldnt expect much hitting as you can be caught out delivering big hits.

it depends as I havent seen him in the 2 games he's played since the series vs the CHL teams but before that he would play with Nestorov in the games where he would get a regular shift but other games he wouldn't get a regular shift so he would play with a few different players and sometimes at LD. He does hit usually at least one per game but most of them aren't the big hits that Emelin would throw. He clearly likes to take the body and I suspect when he fills out more he's going to be nasty player to play against since he has the skating/speed that is going to make it easy to catch people for those big hits.

Reactions: yianik

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hillis is suspended for two games, so he's not playing today for Guelph.

He was called for a 5-minute major, a game misconduct, and an automatic 2-game suspension for a slew foot last night in the third period.

Reactions: bryan1966

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

HABS PROSPECTS WATCH
19/11/2018 - 25/11/2018

EUROPE THIS WEEK
Alexander Romanov (2 GP - 0G - 0A - 0 PTS)
Jesse Ylönen (3 GP - 1G - 0A - 1 PTS)
Jacob Olofsson (2 GP - 0G - 0A - 0 PTS)
Season Stats
PLAYER
TEAM
GP
G
A
PTS
Alexander Romanov
CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Jesse Ylönen
Pelicans (Liiga)
Jacob Olofsson
Timra IK (SHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CHL THIS WEEK
Cameron Hillis (2 GP - 1G - 1A - 2 PTS)
Allan McShane (3 GP - 1G - 1A - 2 PTS)
Nick Suzuki (3 GP - 2G - 1A - 3 PTS)
Samuel Houde (3 GP - 1G - 0A - 1 PTS)
Joël Teasdale (3 GP - 1G - 1A - 2 PTS
Cole Fonstad (3 GP - 0G - 0A - 0 PTS)
Josh Brook (2 GP - 1G - 3A - 4 PTS)
Scott Walford (2 GP - 0G - 0A - 0 PTS)
Season Stats
PLAYER
TEAM
GP
G
A
PTS
Cameron Hillis
Guelph Storm (OHL)
Allan McShane
Oshawa Generals (OHL)
Nick Suzuki
Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
Samuel Houde
Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)
Joël Teasdale
Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (QMJHL)
Cole Fonstad
Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Josh Brook
Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
Scott Walford
Victoria Royals (WHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

COLLEGE THIS WEEK
Ryan Poehling (No Games for St. Cloud)
Jack Gorniak (2 GP - 1G - 0A - 1 PTS)
Jordan Harris (1 GP - 0G - 2A - 2 PTS)
Brett Stapley (2 GP - 0G - 2A - 2 PTS)
Nikolas Koberstein (2 GP - 0G - 0A - 0 PTS)
Arvid Henrikson (2 GP - 0G - 0A - 0 PTS)
Cayden Primeau (1 GP - 1W)
Season Stats
PLAYER
TEAM
GP
G
A
PTS
Ryan Poehling
St. Cloud State Univ. (NCAA - NCHC)
Jack Gorniak
Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA - Big Ten)
Jordan Harris
Northeastern Univ. (NCAA - Hockey East)
Brett Stapley
Denver University (NCAA - NCHC)
Nikolas Koberstein
Univ. of Alaska-Fairbanks (NCAA - WCHA)
Arvid Henrikson
Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)
PLAYER
TEAM
GP
RECORD
GAA
SV%
Cayden Primeau
Northeastern Univ. (NCAA - Hockey East)
8-3-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: bras meurtris

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Teasdale is having a pretty impressive season statistically, he leads the Armada in goals and assists. 26 points in 25 games isn't amazing but the second highest scorer only has 18 points. Looks like he's shown some progression since last season Teasdale was the 3rd highest scorer on the team behind ABB and Alain. ABB had 116 points last season and Alain had 87, so the fact that Teasdale has improved his pace without them is encouraging

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Teasdale is having a pretty impressive season statistically, he leads the Armada in goals and assists. 26 points in 25 games isn't amazing but the second highest scorer only has 18 points. Looks like he's shown some progression since last season Teasdale was the 3rd highest scorer on the team behind ABB and Alain. ABB had 116 points last season and Alain had 87, so the fact that Teasdale has improved his pace without them is encouraging

I like what I see in the highlights. Decent speed and skill. Seems to go to the net. Could be a valuable bottom 6er who can pitch in offensively and move up and down the line up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
missed the game but Romanov 14:43 TOI, +1, 2 shots today. That's his highest TOI since returning from the CHL series and the highest in the previous 6 games.

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just watched Primeau/Harris from Saturday night. Not the best game from Primeau as he let in 3, the one was an odd one as the defensemen dropped down and was on Primeau's right side so perhaps he didn't see him as the defensemen tipped it with a beauty of a tip that went in off Primeau's shoulder as he tried to get over. With a minute to go in the game with a 4-3 lead he got pushed while on the ice and got up grabbing his leg. He stayed in the game after trying to skate it off, he's played every game so far this season so we'll see if he gets a break on Friday or not. I would expect him to play.

Harris had a really strong game, was on the PK, made several good plays were he blocked a shot, broke up a pass. Looks like he's working hard on his defensive game and now is getting regular shits on the PK. He had 2 assists, the first one was just luck, he dumped it in and it hit the boards funny and bounced out but the goalie wasn't there as he went behind the net so the Northeastern player had an easy wide open net. The next one was the game winner, they actually gave the goal to Harris but it looks like it was changed to an assists. Madden must have tipped it, they showed a replay and it was really close as he must have just gotten a piece of it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Olofsson today, was busy at work so didn't get to see it all plus is was boring as could be. Olofsson had 16:57 TOI, +1. He had a new line with Hallander and Tornqvist. His team lost 2-1, Olofsson didn't do much of anything in the offensive zone, I think he had one good play on the PP. But it was his 2nd highest TOI of the month. Now at 9 games without a point, 2 pts in his last 13 not counting the 3 4 Nations games where he was pointless as well.

I turned the game off late in the 3rd to catch the 3rd period of Romanov as his team had a rare late start time. His team won 5-0, but it must have been some game from him as he played a career high 15:49, had 4 shots, 1 hit. In 25 games now it's just the 4th time he's played over 14 minutes and the first time playing over 15.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Owen Sound win 2-1 against Erie. Suzuki with an assist on the second goal.

Moose Jaw scores first against Kootenay. Brook with an assist on the goal.

Brook now adds a goal to his assist. His 8th goal of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Anyone else still high on Walford? I still have some hope for him progressing and making NHL one day.
The HFBoards poster who spends a lot of time scouting the WHL plus has a respectable draft record (@Stive Morgan) thinks Walford is a decent prospect but is just concerned by the overall lack of progress from his draft year until now. (At least that's what I remember, Stive can probably give you a better overall image of his thoughts on Walford)

Reactions: Stive Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->