Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Besides brook and suzuki and poehling everyone else is having a meh year

Hm to teasdale
Brook and Suzuki are playing against kids while Poehling still isnt playing in a men league... What if Ylonen Romanov and Olofsson were playing in the CHL this year? What if Suzuki Brook and Poehling were playing in the SHL or Liga? You cant really compare kids playing in top men Euro leagues to the ones playing kids their own age or younger... A kid like Berggren would be a dominant player in the CHL, has only 3 assists in the SweHL so far...

Last edited:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Brook and Suzuki are playing against kids while Poehling still isnt playing in a men league... What if Ylonen Romanov and Olofsson were playing in the CHL this year? What if Suzuki Brook and Poehling were playing in the SHL or Liga? You cant really compare kids playing in top men Euro leagues to the ones playing kids their own age or younger... A kid like Berggren would be a dominant player in the CHL, has only 3 assists in the SweHL so far...

Yes i get your point

I should have said no one else is having a very hot season as its hard for kids to produce in a mens league

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not much familiar with NCAA, what's the competition Stapley has faced v. Poehling ? They are about the same age but this is Stapleys 1st in NCAA and he is doing PPG. Seems pretty good.

Stapley plays in the same conference as Poehling, to me it's likely the best conference but really their are 3 main conferences, The NCHC (Stapley/Poehling), Hockey East (Primeau/Harris), and Big 10 (Gornaik). I think the NCHC is a little tougher as they seem to have more NHL draft picks but all 3 conferences are tough compared to the weaker ones like the ECAC (good but not at the same level as the big 3), WCHA (Koberstein, weak aside from a team or two) and the Atlantic (very weak, often zero or one or two NHL draft picks in the entire conference).

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Stapley plays in the same conference as Poehling, to me it's likely the best conference but really their are 3 main conferences, The NCHC (Stapley/Poehling), Hockey East (Primeau/Harris), and Big 10 (Gornaik). I think the NCHC is a little tougher as they seem to have more NHL draft picks but all 3 conferences are tough compared to the weaker ones like the ECAC (good but not at the same level as the big 3), WCHA (Koberstein, weak aside from a team or two) and the Atlantic (very weak, often zero or one or two NHL draft picks in the entire conference).

Thanks for the info Montreal. So sounds like Stapleys numbers are certainly honestly earned.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McShane with a goal (his 7th) to tie the game 1-1 in the first period against Sault Ste. Marie. It's his 5th point in his last 5 games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Josh Brook with an assist on Moose Jaw's tying goal. It's 1-1 after one period against the Oil Kings. It's his 6th straight game with at least one point.

Cam Hillis with a goal. His 5th of the season. It's his 11th point in 11 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anathema

Nov 23, 2017
Allan McShane with a goal and an assist, just like Hillis (they gave him an assist on Isaac Ratcliffe’s goal)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Results from Last Night

Rimouski Océanic (3 - 2) Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

- Joël Teasdale with 1 assist / 5 SOG / 4 Hits / 5 PIM (Fighting) / Named 3rd Star

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (4 - 5 {OT}) Guelph Storm

- Cam Hillis with 2 pts (1G, 1A) / 1 SOG / 2 PIM (Slashing) / 80% (12/15) FOW

Owen Sound Attack (2 - 7) London Knights

- Nick Suzuki with 1 assist / -1 / 6 SOG / 27% (3/11) FOW

Hamilton Bulldogs (2 - 6) Oshawa Generals

- Allan McShane with 2 pts (1G, 1A) / +2 / 2 SOG / 69% (9/13) FOW

Edmonton Oil Kings (4 - 5 {OT}) Moose Jaw Warriors

- Josh Brook with 3 assists / +4 / 4 SOG

Victoria Royals (1 - 3) Kelowna Rockets

- Scott Walford with 0 pts / -1 / 1 SOG / 4 PIM (Holding & Boarding)

Prince Albert Raiders (7 - 3) Medicine Hat Tigers

- Cole Fonstad with 0 pts / 4 SOG

Providence (1 - 3) Denver

- Brett Stapley with 1 assist / +1 / 46% (6/13) FOW

Wisconsin (1 - 1) Michigan

- Jack Gorniak with 0 pts / -1 / 2 SOG

Alaska (1 - 2) Michigan Tech

- Nikolas Koberstein with 0 pts / -1 / 2 SOG

Lincoln Stars (3 - 4) Des Moines Buccaneers

- Arvid Henrikson with 0 pts / - 1 / 2 PIM (Roughing)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We got Cam Hillis last week for Sportsnet's Saturday Showcase. This week, it's Josh Brook.

SaturdayShowcaseNov24-730x428.jpg

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We got Cam Hillis last week for Sportsnet's Saturday Showcase. This week, it's Josh Brook.

Gonna try to tune into this.. was fun to watch Hillis last game, it really put to rest any concerns vis a vis his production this season (he's obviously turned it up lately); he's doing everything right.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Gonna try to tune into this.. was fun to watch Hillis last game, it really put to rest any concerns vis a vis his production this season (he's obviously turned it up lately); he's doing everything right.

looking at the stats he's had a consistency problem, 11 games 0 pts, 12 games 16 pts. So half the time he's been held scoreless but if you look closer he mainly just had a bad streak where in 7 games he had points in just 1 game. The rest of the season he has 15 pts in 16 games. That pace would put him at 64 pts in 60 games vs the 59 in 60 he had last year. So really at least so far this year he's shown that aside from a bad run of 7 games he's been a tick better then last year.

In the games I saw he looked fine, hopefully he finishes up strong, and does enough to get an invite to Team Canada for the summer camp as making the WJC's in '20 would be great to see.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Fonstad is the one I'm still somewhat worried about tbh. Hillis has been trending in the right direction for a whole month now and should be back to a PPG production soon . Fonstad on the other hand has been in a slump since the start of October . Take out his great start and he's been ice cold pretty much all year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Romanov, Olofsson and Ylonen all in action today.

Romanov - 6:32 TOI
Olofsson - 12:38 TOI, -1 44% FO (his 2nd lowest TOI of the season)
Ylonen - 1 g, now at 24-5-2-7

On the Liiga site it listed Ylonen on the top line. I'll post the highlight when it gets posted on the site I use.

That's 8 games without a point for Olofsson, 2 in the last 12 not counting the 3 pointless games at the 4 Nations.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Fonstad is the one I'm still somewhat worried about tbh. Hillis has been trending in the right direction for a whole month now and should be back to a PPG production soon . Fonstad on the other hand has been in a slump since the start of October . Take out his great start and he's been ice cold pretty much all year.

I'm pretty sure his ice time was lowered and he was bumped off his PP spot due to the emergences of Leason and Protas

Basically the same thing that happened to Brook with Moose Jaw last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->