Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by ahmedou, Nov 15, 2018.
2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread
Oshawa Generals (5 - 2) Windsor Spitfires
- Allan McShane with 1 goal / +1 / 4 SOG / 43% (9/21) FOW
Owen Sound Attack (3 - 4 (OT)) Peterborough Petes
- Nick Suzuki with a rare pointless night / 3 SOG / 50% (8/16) FOW
With 8 pts in the last 3 games, Suzuki can have a night off
Suzuki has had 3 or more points in 7 of his 20 games. That's just sick. That's 22 pts in 7 games, 11 pts in 13 games. 5 times he's gone pointless this year. 12 multi point games.
Going into tonight in his last 12 games he had 25 pts after starting off with 8 pts in 7 games.
Prospects in action today:
- Ylönen @ 11:30AM ET
- McShane @ 7PM ET
- Hillis @ 7:30PM ET
- Teasdale @ 7:30PM ET
- Fonstad @ 8PM ET
- Koberstein @ 6PM ET
- Harris & Primeau @ 7PM ET
- Gorniak @ 7PM ET
- Poehling @ 8PM ET
- Stapley @ 9PM ET (TSN2)
TSN2 is showing Stapley's game against last years National Champs.
McShane finishes with one goal in 7-4 win
Teasdale 1 goal but losing 11-1
Hillis with 1 goal 1 assist so far winning 8-2
Phoeling with an assist as St cloud leads 1-0
Been flipping back and forth between Laval and the Northeastern/Vermont game. Harris has looked good they have him on the PK which is something he doesn't usually do.
Stapley is already out with a major, 20 seconds in. Short night for the kid, he won't be needing a shower.
Primeau shuts out Vermont with 26 saves
Yeah, I was looking at watching this kid for the first time and gets kicked out on his first shift lol
Man just switched from Laval game and watching end of Primeau game. was looking forward to watching Stapley.
It's too bad, I haven't seen him play yet this year either, I was looking forward to it and all. Oh well !
Quality of the teams that held Suzuki pointless matters. Details?
Results from Yesterday:
Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (1 - 11) Royn-Noranda Huskies
- Despite getting shellacked, Joël Teasdale with 1G / -2 / 5 SOG / 3 Hits / 2 PIM (Checking to the Head) / 25% (1/4) FOW
Oshawa Generals (7 -4) Sarnia Sting
- Allan McShane with 1G / -1 / 1 SOG / 2 PIM (Slashing) / 62% (13/21) FOW
Flint Firebirds (2 - 8) Guelph Storm
- Cam Hillis with 2 pts (1G, 1A) / +1 / 2 SOG / 69% (9/13) FOW
Tri-City Americans (1 - 3) Pince Albert Raiders
- Cole Fonstad with 0 pts / 1 SOG / 2 PIM (Unsportsmanlike Conduct)
Northeastern (1 - 0) Vermont
- Jordan Harris with 0 pts / 1 SOG / 2 PIM (Interference)
- Cayden Primeau with the 26-save shutout
Alabama-Huntsville (3 - 1) Alaska-Fairbanks
- Nikolas Koberstein with 1 assist
Minnesota-Duluth (0 - 2) Denver
- Brett Stapley expelled received a Game Misconduct 21 seconds into the game.
Wisconsin (0 - 4) Ohio State
- Jack Gorniak with 0 pts (obviously) / 100% (1/1) FOW
Bemidji State (0 - 2) St. Cloud State
- Ryan Poehling with 1 assist / 4 SOG / 82% (9/11) FOW
Sioux-City Muskateers (5 - 1) Des Moines Buccaneers
- Arvid Henrikson with 1 assist (first point of the season) / +1 / 1 SOG / 4 PIM (Hooking & Roughing)
Cam Hillis will be on Sportsnet today as part of Sportsnet's CHL Saturday Showcase broadcast:
Prospects in action today
- Ylönen @ 10AM ET
- Hillis @ 3:30PM ET (On Sportsnet)
- Houde @ 4PM ET
- Teasdale @ 6PM ET
- Suzuki @ 7:30PM ET
- Fonstad @ 8PM ET
- Brook @ 9PM ET
- Walford @ 10PM ET
- Gorniak @ 5PM ET
- Poehling @ 7PM ET
- Stapley @ 9PM ET
- Koberstein @ 11PM ET
- Arvidson @ 8PM ET
Checking to the head ? Unsportsmanlike conduct ?
Ejected 21 seconds in ?
Hmmm. Have a few rowdies in the pool it seems.
Allan McShane's laser.
Cam Hillis's two points.
Ryan Poehling's assist.
Stapley is impressive so far. Didn't think much of him at that time. Actually thought it was a waste of pick. FUture will tell but so far. I like what I'm seeing.
Gotta like both those plays from Hillis, with the caveat that the team was getting destroyed at the time of both points.
Quality of teams that Suzuki had 3 points or more (overall record)
13 OT Losses
Note that Suzuki loves Sarnia, played them 3 times and Sarnia is 7W 10L 2OTL
Quality of teams that Suzuki was held pointless:
6 OT Losses
So obviously, for probably most players, toughest games against toughest opposition.
Jukurit (5 - 2) Pelicans
- Jesse Ylönen with no points/ 2 SOG / 15:39 TOI.
No comment on Hillis' 'Roman Salute'
Separate names with a comma.