2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects (Part II) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
For what it's worth, I think he's been passing the eye test much better than Ikonen did at the same time last year. There hasn't been a point where he looked like he'd be better off in the junior A league, which wasn't always the case with Ikonen.
Ikonen just doesn’t have Yolos raw tools

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For what it's worth, I think he's been passing the eye test much better than Ikonen did at the same time last year. There hasn't been a point where he looked like he'd be better off in the junior A league, which wasn't always the case with Ikonen.
Ylonen has been good. Hes dangerous and hes forechecking hard. Its disappointing he doesnt put up more point for sure though.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Poehling on pace for the same amount of goals as his freshman season.

He really needs to turn that part of his game on.

I'm wondering if he's shooting even less than last year (which already wasn't a lot) or if his shooting percentage is really low. Either way, I can't seem to find these stats.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Sure we'd all like to see Poehling shoot more, but when you're winning games you don't fix what isn't broken. He's clearly in a playmaker first role right now. But like what we saw with Domi, he'll start shooting if he needs to, he just doesn't need to right now.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Sure we'd all like to see Poehling shoot more, but when you're winning games you don't fix what isn't broken. He's clearly in a playmaker first role right now. But like what we saw with Domi, he'll start shooting if he needs to, he just doesn't need to right now.

The real issue is if he has a good shot. If he does, then he will be told to shoot more and that solves the problem. If he doesnt have a good shot, it's a real problem at pro.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The real issue is if he has a good shot. If he does, then he will be told to shoot more and that solves the problem. If he doesnt have a good shot, it's a real problem at pro.

He does not have a good shot.

His goals are all tap ins and deflections. That's why he's a #3 imo

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can Hillis is back from serving his two-game suspension for slew-footing.

He has a goal and an assist so far. His 6th goal of the year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He does not have a good shot.

His goals are all tap ins and deflections. That's why he's a #3 imo

Yes, I remember that in his draft year, he was good at deflections. I had not watched him, so I actually thought it was a joke, that his scoring relied on deflections.

I did not like the pick at the time as I thought it was another compromise pick, the two way guy that coaches love, blah , blah, but who also had the upside of a no.3. Another wasted 1st was my view. I had wanted Chytil, who went 21st, but to me Chytil had top 6C written all over him ( meaning upside, not necessarily that he would get there ), that is the kind of guy to move up to get.

Anyway, last year Poehling seemed to develop really well and Ibwas thrilled to eat crow. But the kid needs a shot. Get him Crosbys old dryer to practice on I guess.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not gonna cut it.
Schmaltz of the Yotes scored just 5 goals in 38 games in college in his draft +1 year. He would score 21 goals in the NHL as a sophomore.
For comparison, Poehling scored 14 goals in his D+1 season. Hell, he scored more as a 17 year old freshman (7 goals).

To suggest he wont score based on stats is just stupid. Let the kid prove himself before spitting bs.
You're stat-watching crap is getting clueless. And no he doesnt have a bad shot. Hell hes got a much better shot one than Danault, who managed to score 13 in one season.

Reactions: le_sean and tooji

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Schmaltz of the Yotes scored just 5 goals in 38 games in college in his draft +1 year. He would score 21 goals in the NHL as a sophomore.
For comparison, Poehling scored 14 goals in his D+1 season. Hell, he scored more as a 17 year old freshman (7 goals).

To suggest he wont score based on stats is just stupid. Let the kid prove himself before spitting bs.
You're stat-watching crap is getting clueless. And no he doesnt have a bad shot. Hell hes got a much better shot one than Danault, who managed to score 13 in one season.
Go look at Danault's goals on YouTube from that season. 14 of them are around the net. You're not going to score that many ever year, which is why it is concerning for Poehling that he can't score from far out.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
ROR is a 20 goalscorer and scores most of his goals around the net.
Poehling is a similar kind of player as ROR.
I could see Poehling scoring 20 goals in the nhl. He just needs to shoot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad