2018-2019 AUS Thread

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Not a surprise with Peddle at all. Dude needs to learn to keep his cool a little more. Does Antigonish have a NS Cannabis shop for this guy?
Just checked the AUSTV.ca archived video. There is a skirmish in the corner after time expired. Nothing too, too serious. By the time the camera swings back to centre ice you can only see the backs of the coaching staffs heading back to their dressing rooms.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I would hope so. Been looking but have not seen anything.
Just announced:

TORONTO (U SPORTS) – Please be advised of the schedule of events and media availability leading up to the 2018 U SPORTS All-Star Series, Dec.12-14 in Victoria, B.C.
The U SPORTS Men’s Hockey All-Stars will face Hockey Canada’s World Junior Prospects at the Q Centre, home of the BCHL’s Victoria Grizzlies on Wednesday, Dec. 12 and Thursday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT and Friday, Dec. 14 at 5 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT.
All games will be livestreamed on TSN.ca

Reactions: AUS Fan

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
With the way TSN hypes up the WJHC I’m a bit surprised they don’t televise the games...but maybe they don’t want people to see them lose against a bunch of “washed up university players”.

Last edited:

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
With the way TSN hypes yo the WJHC I’m a bit surprised they don’t televise the games...but maybe they don’t want people to see them lose against a bunch of “washed up university players”.
To be fair to TSN, it is quite expensive to produce these games to their normal standard ... and TSN viewers will wonder why the opponent is wearing practice jerseys. Better to stream them where viewer expectations will be lower.

Reactions: Hagstrom

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Just announced:

TORONTO (U SPORTS) – Please be advised of the schedule of events and media availability leading up to the 2018 U SPORTS All-Star Series, Dec.12-14 in Victoria, B.C.
The U SPORTS Men’s Hockey All-Stars will face Hockey Canada’s World Junior Prospects at the Q Centre, home of the BCHL’s Victoria Grizzlies on Wednesday, Dec. 12 and Thursday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT and Friday, Dec. 14 at 5 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT.
All games will be livestreamed on TSN.ca
Do you have to pay to watch??

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
3-2 Shootout win by TC over the CIS. I watched some of the game on the interweb. The picture quality is OK, but no commentators.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
3-2 Shootout win by TC over the CIS. I watched some of the game on the interweb. The picture quality is OK, but no commentators.
Watched first two periods, and dozed off during the third. Woke up in time to watch the shootout. I can't remember the last time I watched a game online without commentary - it is different. Had to keep checking Hockey Canada site to get names for numbers - I will print out the rosters before tonight!

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Managed to stay awake for the whole game last night. USports outplayed the Juniors and deserved the win. Ian Scott, the Juniors goalie who is "on the bubble", had played both games for USports. He has looked solid, but has been beat a few times clean by the Juniors.

Chris Clapperton continues to stand out for me - playing his normal quick and aggressive style. However, that did cost him back-to-back penalties (!) in the 3-on-3 overtime. Team Canada had a lot of power plays, so Mark Simpson, Matt Murphy and Kris Bennett got lots of extra ice time.

All of the USports players were solid, and AUS players were all over the score sheet. Holden Cook from X, who didn't dress Wednesday, had a strong game.

Reactions: RED ARMY EAST

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Wouldn't it be nice if they could send this U Sportt All Star team to the FISU winter games?
Instead they will be left to send a team that will likely be filled with players from teams that don't make playoffs.
Clapperton, who had 5pts in the three games must have raised eyebrows. Would't be surprised if he lands a pro job next year.
In my opinion, he is the elite player in the AUS right now.

Reactions: Rob

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
With the WJHC in the Czech Republic next year I wonder where they will host these exhibition games? I would love to see it come east.
That will be on big ice, so I think training camp would need to have a training facility that has an international ice surface.
Fredericton has the Grant Harvey arena, but basically no seating.
Probably Father David Bauer Arena in Calgary or GTA.

Reactions: Drummer

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Managed to stay awake for the whole game last night. USports outplayed the Juniors and deserved the win. Ian Scott, the Juniors goalie who is "on the bubble", had played both games for USports. He has looked solid, but has been beat a few times clean by the Juniors.

Chris Clapperton continues to stand out for me - playing his normal quick and aggressive style. However, that did cost him back-to-back penalties (!) in the 3-on-3 overtime. Team Canada had a lot of power plays, so Mark Simpson, Matt Murphy and Kris Bennett got lots of extra ice time.

All of the USports players were solid, and AUS players were all over the score sheet. Holden Cook from X, who didn't dress Wednesday, had a strong game.
No question, strong outing by AUS reps!
This conference (AUS) has also captured gold medals at the last two FISU games.
The only time that U sports gets recognition is at the University Cup's semi and gold medal games.
Too bad, wouldn't it be nice to see a UNB/X/SMU, Alberta/SASk/Cal, McGill/Carlton/Ottawa game once a month.
Just saying......

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Well SMU had no problem handling UPEI last night. Unless X really turns things around the Huskies should have second place locked up.

Acadia is tied with Dal for the last playoff spot. While I expect the Axemen to pull away from the Tigers this has certainly been an disappointing season for them. Some people had them ahead of SMU.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I didn't have them ahead of SMU. With 11 rookies it takes a while for them to adjust. I fully expect ACA to make the playoffs. A major rebuild putting a team together for hosting next year. UPEI has a good team. They fell apart last night in the 3rd, but are capable of winning games when they get it together.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
That will be on big ice, so I think training camp would need to have a training facility that has an international ice surface.
Fredericton has the Grant Harvey arena, but basically no seating.
Probably Father David Bauer Arena in Calgary or GTA.

Acadia also has Olympic size ice. They've played WJC games there in the past, but I would guess it would be Calgary given the facilities (Father David Bauer) and proximity to Hockey Canada's offices in the city.

A note about Fredericton's Olympic ice - it's traditional in size: 60mx30m (close to 200x100), but the Goal is located at 11ft (NHL) instead of 13.12ft from the wall (IIHF). The blue line is in the same location (75ft from the boards) but with a shorter distance behind the net - the zone looks bigger. This was done so that playing behind the bet would feel the same in all of the city's rinks.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Another game on the island was cancelled due to bad weather. X vs UPEI has been postponed. No make up date announced as of yet.
Acadia in Moncton on Monday to make up for a cancelled game from the first have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad