2018-2019 AUS Thread

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
X is definitely not the same team as the past three seasons. I thought their D looked bad tonight. They probably miss Duininck and Dirk. Plus, they are going to have trouble scoring as much without Clarke and Stevens.

I see that there were a couple of fighting majors at the end of the Huskies 4-2 win over the Axemen. Going to have to check that out on the archives.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
X's performance against UNB tonight is reality. UNB is clearly more skilled and at this point in the season are the best in the AUS. SMU is top 2, despite the loss in Moncton. Those two teams are National calibre contenders right now. X has slipped and Acadia is in tough!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I think the biggest thing I noticed last night was the difference in depth. UNB was rolling Dove-McFalls/Rassell/Boudens/Goulet/Cooper/Brace in their “bottom” 6....while X doesn’t really have many scoring threats outside their top 2 lines.

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I see that there were a couple of fighting majors at the end of the Huskies 4-2 win over the Axemen. Going to have to check that out on the archives.

Looks like they got changed to 10-minute misconducts in the box score, which is the correct call. I went back and watched it and it definitely wasn’t close to a fight...just a standard scuffle from the look of things.

Reactions: FreddtFoyle and Rob

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
X's performance against UNB tonight is reality. UNB is clearly more skilled and at this point in the season are the best in the AUS. SMU is top 2, despite the loss in Moncton. Those two teams are National calibre contenders right now. X has slipped and Acadia is in tough!

The big thing is though UNB is always the deepest most talented each year, but for whatever the reason X just knows how to play them come Playoff time.

Ill never count out X till the season is over

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
According to Victor Findlay’s latest podcast...sounds like Jeremiah Addison will be coming to the AUS for the 2nd half. Seems like Acadia may be the front runner with St. FX/SMU/UNB all possibly having interest.

I would think St. FX would be very active in trying to find a top forward over Christmas.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
According to Victor Findlay’s latest podcast...sounds like Jeremiah Addison will be coming to the AUS for the 2nd half. Seems like Acadia may be the front runner with St. FX/SMU/UNB all possibly having interest.

I would think St. FX would be very active in trying to find a top forward over Christmas.
Jeremiah Addison to StFX, but not eligible until 19-20.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Another interesting night between St FX and UNB. UNB dominates again with a 5-1 win. Boudens and Difruscia get fighting majors near the end of the game, after Difruscia hits Watling from behind (and had an earlier kneeing penalty). Difruscia gets the instigator and the aggressor penalty, which should save the one game suspension to Boudens.
The other two games scheduled were postponed due to weather.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Another interesting night between St FX and UNB. UNB dominates again with a 5-1 win. Boudens and Difruscia get fighting majors near the end of the game, after Difruscia hits Watling from behind (and had an earlier kneeing penalty). Difruscia gets the instigator and the aggressor penalty, which should save the one game suspension to Boudens.
The other two games scheduled were postponed due to weather.
Difruscia's kneeing hit to Watling was bush. In my opinion, it could have been a major. He later hits Watling for behind, in front of the X net.
Also, from a fan perspective, Brad Peddle needs to grow up. When the game doesn't go his way, he acts like a baby!!!!!!!
Constantly raging at the ref's, pointing fingers and slamming doors, even after Difruscia's antics??
Obviously, losing to UNB twice in a week, by 7-1 and 5-1 blow outs, the raging was on full display.

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
Difruscia's kneeing hit to Watling was bush. In my opinion, it could have been a major. He later hits Watling for behind, in front of the X net.
Also, from a fan perspective, Brad Peddle needs to grow up. When the game doesn't go his way, he acts like a baby!!!!!!!
Constantly raging at the ref's, pointing fingers and slamming doors, even after Difruscia's antics??
Obviously, losing to UNB twice in a week, by 7-1 and 5-1 blow outs, the raging was on full display.

I came on here to post the same thing, im embarassed for Brad Peddle just as you said, the yelling at refs, yelling at UNB players or MacDougall, slamming doors, not speaking to the media like last week and when X is losing the game in a position to NOT come back, his players let loose on the penalties. And i would say his players see how peddle acts and they do the same.

The knee hit attempt was very dirty, the fighting major was to no fault Boudens, but he had no choice but to swing back when a guy is throwing punches at him with his jersey over his face.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Does Peddle shake hands with the UNB coaching staff??
He still carries a chip on his shoulders, since World University games. That was several years ago, the result of one of his players not getting picked or am I wrong ?? At the time, I could understand his disappointment. At last minute, Peddle chose not to go to Europe with the AUS team, who would go on to win gold for Canada. The second of back to back golds for the AUS Conference.
Love the rivalry with UNB and X, but have some class folks!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Never watched the game last night as I was away...and haven’t got a chance to watch the replay yet, but he did shake hands with the UNB coaches last weekend.

As for the WUG thing...it was Jason Bast if I recall. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe there was an issue with having every team represented and Dal’s representative was injured at the time so they were trying to use that as a loophole to get Bast on the team...it didn’t work and he would’ve had to go as an alternate which didn’t sit well with Peddle. But yes, that was 6 years ago now..

Last edited:

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Jeremiah Addison to StFX, but not eligible until 19-20.
X
Good addition for the X-Men, who can use some help up front. The loss of Clarke and Kontos has not been replaced on the front end. His skillset and energy, should compliment X's forecheck.
I would still think that X will be shopping for a X-Mas addition to their roster, especially up front, as Addison cannot help this years team.
One thing with X, they relied on a very good pp for the last few years, deadly as in the semi-final win against UNB in last years Nationals. The loss of Clarke,Kontos on the offensive side and Dirk on the backend is very noticeable, that's a lot of skill gone and the PP has suffered.
In the 5-1 home loss on Friday, the PP looked disorganized, zone entries were not there. They didn't take advantage on the pp like the team who has been to Nationals the last 4 years.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Never watched the game last night as I was away...and haven’t got a chance to watch the replay yet, but he did shake hands with the UNB coaches last weekend.

As for the WUG thing...it was Jason Bast if I recall. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe there was an issue with having every team represented and Dal’s representative was injured at the time so they were trying to use that as a loophole to get Bast on the team...it didn’t work and he would’ve had to go as an alternate which didn’t sit well with Peddle. But yes, that was 6 years ago now..
Yes, I believe that was the story going around. The arrangement was for the X player to go in place of the injured player, but the AUS stepped in and said that it had to be a player from DAL. He got mad and decided not to go, and I believe that Todd Sparks ended up taking his place. Worked out well for them.

Peddle has always been that way, when things don't go his way he is quick to blame everyone else. Also, he is quick to lose his bench (or perhaps he is the one directing the foolishness) when the game gets out of hand. Remember the fiasco last year in Acadia? I wouldn't be surprised in the least that there will be a video review of Difruscia's kneeing penalty (which I just realized was called tripping).

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Yes, I believe that was the story going around. The arrangement was for the X player to go in place of the injured player, but the AUS stepped in and said that it had to be a player from DAL. He got mad and decided not to go, and I believe that Todd Sparks ended up taking his place. Worked out well for them.

Peddle has always been that way, when things don't go his way he is quick to blame everyone else. Also, he is quick to lose his bench (or perhaps he is the one directing the foolishness) when the game gets out of hand. Remember the fiasco last year in Acadia? I wouldn't be surprised in the least that there will be a video review of Difruscia's kneeing penalty (which I just realized was called tripping).
It's pretty obvious that the infraction was deliberate and to the knee/leg.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Looks like both of Friday's cancelled games will be made up in the second half. Thought there might be a chance of a game on Sunday but I guess not.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
To address the Jason Bast thing: Dominic Noel from Dal was injured. Both coaches decided that Bast would go in his place, guaranteed and to screw Noel out of his spot. Dal said No. Meanwhile, Bast's parents had booked flight to Europe. There was talk of lawyers getting involved if Noel didn't go. When the dust settled, Bast did not go and Peds stayed home. He actually offered his seat for Bast, but (I'm not sure of the reasons) it was rejected. Both coaches share the blame as the original intent was to screw Noel. Rightly or wrongly, Peds blames Gards.

On the staffing side, the UNB video guy went as the GM and Sparky went as the video guy. Upon arrival, Sparky coached the Defense and the video guy did video.

Reactions: Drummer

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
and to screw Noel out of his spot. Dal said No.
The DAL player in question was Pierre Vandall. I'm not sure it was intended to screw him - there was debate about whether he would be healthy enough to go. What Dal was upset about was the staff wanted to replace him (as the sole DAL player) with a player from another team when the rule was at least one player from each team would go.

They had hide the STU pick as the Alternate (#3) goalie - Jonathan Groenheyde, so they had to take a skater. Vandall does go and scores 2g+3a for 5 points in 6 games.

Reactions: AUS Fan

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Meanwhile, Bast's parents had booked flight to Europe.

This was part of the issue - the tickets they had purchased were non refundable. Ped's felt bad and it contributed to his pulling out.

Rightly or wrongly, Peds blames Gards.

I think they're both to blame. That was 5+ years ago now - water under the bridge. SFX losing UCup in 2016 and the AUS in 2018 are the more current issues between the clubs - plus two humiliating losses this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad