2018-2019 AUS Thread

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Just noticed that Anthony DiFruscia was handed a two game suspension, and noted that Boudens is not showing any sort of punishment.

I found my answer to the other part of my post.

Last edited:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
If I'm not mistaken, a Fighting Major is an automatic 1 game suspension, followed by further games if needed. I'm guessing Boudens was sitting his 1 game.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
If I'm not mistaken, a Fighting Major is an automatic 1 game suspension, followed by further games if needed. I'm guessing Boudens was sitting his 1 game.
Yes, a fighting major does carry a 1 game suspension, BUT, if the other player is assessed an instigator, there is no suspension. Although I am not able to find it any where in writing, just going on previous experiences. I believe it was an Acadia player and UPEI player, where one got the instigator and the other did not have to serve the one game.

Squirrel Forever

Dec 1, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The lack of professionalism by the coaches, the fact they no longer give interviews after the game and don't even really shake hands.. It has resorted to children in a playground.

Tired of watching hissy fits by grown men.

Reactions: AUS Fan

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The schedule needs to be adjusted, it’s ridiculous. UNB is done with Acadia/SMU by the first weekend of the 2nd half...but will have only played Dal/X twice by then. Not to mention all the back to backs, which I’m willing to bet contributes to a lot more penalties/rough stuff in the second game.

Reactions: cl812

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
With Dal's 5-2 win over the X-Men on Wednesday night, they pull within 2 points of Acadia.
Part way through the first half, they were basically written off, with little chance at making the playoffs.
Surprisingly, Acadia's poor results have them fighting to keep out of the cellar.
PEI is now just a couple points back of X, with multiple games in hand.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Watched the UNB/SMU game last night. After a scoreless first period in which UNB dictated the pace, they got some separation from the Huskies and rolled to a 7-4 win.
Dubeau can't be happy with giving up two goals in the last two minutes of the third, one in which he totally lost focus.
This was basically a 7-2 game..UNB goes 4/10 on the pp.
For the Huskies, can't be too happy with the effort on this night.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
It was a 7-2 game. PP was deadly. SMU took some dumb penalties and it cost them. On a positive note, I got a chance to talk with Gards and Joe Glenn.

Reactions: cl812

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
AUS
UNB 5-1 over Acadia.
Red Army with two dominating road wins over Acadia 5-1(Sat) and SMU 7-4 (Fri).
This team ends the first half without losing a single game in regulation, impressive!
Their high energy pace has been tough on the rest of the pack.
UNB now with a ten point lead has all but cemented first place.
SMU ends on a three game skid and sits 3 points up on X for second. The battle for the second playoff bye should be very interesting. I expect Peddle will be shopping at the break to inject some offence to his lineup.
SMU has played the first half without Anthony Repaci, he should compliment the offensive in January.
Despite losing a 7-4 game to UNB on Friday, they are better than X and have pushed UNB to overtime in 3/4 games.
UPEI and Moncton have improved and are competitive.
Acadia, with about 10 new freshmen isn't close to the team that we saw at Nationals last year and Dal is Dal!

Reactions: Drummer

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
This team ends the first half without losing a single game in regulation, impressive!

Just like last year - if you can believe it. :huh:

UNB now with a ten point lead has all but cemented first place.

Unlike last year - SFX was more competitive 2nd place team. UNB had also already clinched a playoff berth because UdeM was that bad.

COMPARISON (2018 to 2019)
- This season goals are up 34 over 63 games, so 1 more goal every 2 games.
- The increase split is 29:5 in favour of the visitor
- The Home winning percentage dropped from 62% to 54%
- The Home Team scoring rate dropped from 1:1.4 to 1:1.2
- Same number of OT games (7); 4:3 for the visitor move to 5:2 this season
- Same number of SO games (5); 2:3 for home both seasons

So - the visiting team is doing better than last year (so far).

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
AUS First Half:

UNB: After a slow start they've turned into an offensive juggernaut. No regulation losses. First place all but mathematically clinched. Complacency may be their biggest enemy in the second half. Coach Mac is usually pretty good at keeping the team motivated though..

SMU: A solid second place team. I think they are capable of playing better though. Especially on offence. Repacci returning will be a huge help. Brassard still a question mark in goal in my opinion.

STFX: Ended the first half with loses to Dalhousie and Moncton. Definitely worse off than last season. Marchand isn't quite as good either. Still have enough veteran presence to be good. Wouldn't be surprised to see them drop back to at least 4th place.

UPEI: Only one point back of X with two games in hand. Improved on D and in goal. Could challenge the Huskies for second but I think third is more realistic.

Moncton: Arguably the most improved team in the AUS this year. Tied with the Panthers for 4th. St. Cy leads the league in goals. Montpetit probably team MVP in nets. Lacking the depth at this point to go far though.

Acadia: Easily the most disappointing team in all of U hockey. Despite high end recruiting they are tied with the Tigers for least amount of goals. Goaltending spotty as well. They will have to go on a good run to even place 5th.

Dal: Definitely the worst team in the AUS. Big but slow. Pickard has been a nice replacement in net for Boes though. Could only make the playoffs if the Axeman completely falter.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Hey, unlike some people.... I support the AUS, regardless of who's playing. I've cheered for every team except UPEI over the past 20-odd years.
I hope to make it out to Lethbridge.
Watching and cheering on SMU in Thunder Bay, without having to broadcast, was a lot of fun. AUS Fan truly does cheer for the AUS rep, and in the past the AUS coaches used to rally around their rep at Nationals. I don't know if that is necessarily the case anymore.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I know that you are a great fan of the AUS and U sports in general, couldn't help but to have some fun!
Should be a great time, even better if the Huskies can duplicate 2010.

Should be a fun time. I fully expect UNB to be there and probably SMU. You would also expect to see the Dogs and Bears from CW. The OUA is sometimes a crap shoot, but McGill is probably a good bet.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Should be a fun time. I fully expect UNB to be there and probably SMU. You would also expect to see the Dogs and Bears from CW. The OUA is sometimes a crap shoot, but McGill is probably a good bet.
The OUA East has improved from a competitive standpoint. Ottawa, the biggest surprise so far leading the conference.
Grandmaitre doing a fantastic job with the Gee Gee's. He knows what it takes to win a championship at this level.
He was the captain of X's only national championship back in 2004 (overtime win over UNB).
Queens and Concordia have had a sniff of Nationals the last couple of years.
Note: McGill have lost a big recruit in Bourque, who now has committed to Concordia.
I would not be shocked to see McGill not make it.

Reactions: Rob

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Just notice Peddle and Vallee earned one-game suspensions. Anyone know what happened in that game?

12/01/2018Brad PeddleM-HockeyStFXGame Misconduct1 game-
12/01/2018Jules ValleeM-HockeyMonctonGame Misconduct1 game-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
Just notice Peddle and Vallee earned one-game suspensions. Anyone know what happened in that game?

12/01/2018Brad PeddleM-HockeyStFXGame Misconduct1 game-
12/01/2018Jules ValleeM-HockeyMonctonGame Misconduct1 game-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not a surprise with Peddle at all. Dude needs to learn to keep his cool a little more. Does Antigonish have a NS Cannabis shop for this guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad