2018-2019 Around the league thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Looks like Panarin has wilted too....since the beginning of March he has 5 points in 11 games, all assists, zero goals. 1 goal in his last 16 games. They didn't really change his linemates up either after the deadline so it shouldn't have been a chemistry issue...I have't paid a ton of attention to Panarin, but I wonder if he's lacking some motivation considering he's clearly checked out of the Blue Jackets long term and is just waiting for UFA.

Probably just trying to keep himself healthy for FA.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Good times heading into the playoffs. How the hell is the team in Montreal fun and drama free while a bunch of these other Canadian teams are losing their minds?

Bergevin stopped talking and Julien doesn’t love the sound of his voice as much as Babcock does. Julien is also f***ing good and takes no nonsense. If he was our coach we’d be comfortably in a playoff spot right now, top 5 coach in the NHL.

Reactions: klozge and Avs_19

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Looks like Panarin has wilted too....since the beginning of March he has 5 points in 11 games, all assists, zero goals. 1 goal in his last 16 games. They didn't really change his linemates up either after the deadline so it shouldn't have been a chemistry issue...I have't paid a ton of attention to Panarin, but I wonder if he's lacking some motivation considering he's clearly checked out of the Blue Jackets long term and is just waiting for UFA.

I thought I saw someone say they broke up the Panarin line when they got duchene and put panarin and duchene together? Could be wrong though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bergevin stopped talking and Julien doesn’t love the sound of his voice as much as Babcock does. Julien is also ****ing good and takes no nonsense. If he was our coach we’d be comfortably in a playoff spot right now, top 5 coach in the NHL.

Even the media is pretty chill right now. They're usually trying to run someone out of town at this point of the season. I know there was some Drouin stuff recently but it wasn't much.

Reactions: Ivan13

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Seems strange to say that about their own third round pick.

My bad, didn’t realize they’d drafted him in the first place. :oops:

giphy.gif

I’ll leave posting prospect news to the resident experts from now on.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
The Wild win. They have beaten some good teams in the last month and they have some key injuries. f*** them!

Reactions: AvsWraith

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I didn't expect any help from Washington. They are as inconsistent as we are this year

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even the media is pretty chill right now. They're usually trying to run someone out of town at this point of the season. I know there was some Drouin stuff recently but it wasn't much.

Well considering the team is overachieving (at least according to predictions), it's understandable. They also have the kind of team that they like.

What Montreal (fans and media) love: hard working, blue collar, give everything they have on every shift type of team (Gallagher, Domi...)

Drouin is closer to Galchenyuk in his work ethic than Gallagher. He will get traded within the next 2 years.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Like I said, this time of the year it's harder to play against spoilers rather than good teams who secured a playoff spot and dont have much to play for. Actually top teams also play conservative to avoid injuries and stuff where bottom teams dont have anything to lose and would like nothing more than spoil someone's playoff chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad