2018-2019 Around the league thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Since all of this Tavares return talk came without any video I went on youtube to find one, and Here Come the Pretzels is in my recommendations

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What lesson should MacKinnon learn from ROR and Stastny? "Don't want money"? He's better than both of them. He's going to get paid better than both of them. He's said, explicitly, that he thinks players should be paid what they're worth.

The Avs saw Stastny as expendable because of ROR, Duchene, and MacKinnon. Then they saw ROR as expendable because of Duchene and MacKinnon. They weren't blameless in their departures and to MacKinnon it just looked like friends and talent leaving the organization because of money issues. God help us if they try to pull the same crap with Rantanen this summer, because MacKinnon has already said he wants Rantanen to get paid.

The point I'm trying to make isn't that MacKinnon is definitely going to leave. It's that they need to take steps forward to make sure he doesn't leave, because MacKinnon isn't going to stay out of the goodness of his heart. We agree that steps forward are needed; my argument is they need to retain and add talent with a better track record than they have so far in MacKinnon's career.
My comment had nothing to do with wanting money. Besides money they chose the team they went to because they thought the team would take steps forwards. In the case of Staz it was towards winning a SC and for ROR it was become a playoff team first and then win a SC. We all know how much ROR hates to lose. BUF was at the bottom of the league of he signed. He didn't sign there just for the money.

Your last para shows what I was saying that every team have to deal with their star wnting to leave if they don't show progress. Sakic knows that as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I read a couple of Islander fans opinions about the subject yesterday and they're more mad not due to the fact that he left, but that he promised and made multiple statements that he was an Islanders for life. That's why people were throwing snakes and things like that.

Now based upon my history with futball, you can never ever trust a pro athlete like ever, however, they're entitled to a certain amount of being pissed off.

Also once again, we need to drop this "Oilers are just McDavid" nonsense because it really is just nonsense. Draisaitl proving that he's a fantastic player, we would be very fortunate to only give up Barrie for him.

Reactions: McMetal

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I read a couple of Islander fans opinions about the subject yesterday and they're more mad not due to the fact that he left, but that he promised and made multiple statements that he was an Islanders for life. That's why people were throwing snakes and things like that.

Now based upon my history with futball, you can never ever trust a pro athlete like ever, however, they're entitled to a certain amount of being pissed off.

Also once again, we need to drop this "Oilers are just McDavid" nonsense because it really is just nonsense. Draisaitl proving that he's a fantastic player, we would be very fortunate to only give up Barrie for him.
The Oilers need to force him onto the 2nd line, though. They can't keep going back to playing him on the wing with McDavid.

He is good enough to drive his own line, the Oilers need for him to do that if they want to turn things around. Nugent-Hopkins is not good enough to drive the 2nd line IMO.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy ****, just saw the Sean Avery stuff. Good way to double down on the situation, but more storylines is better for the NHL IMHO. He might actually be right in this regard, but since it's Sean Avery saying it I absolutely hate and disagree with him, lol.

The Oilers need to force him onto the 2nd line, though. They can't keep going back to playing him on the wing with McDavid.

He is good enough to drive his own line, the Oilers need for him to do that if they want to turn things around. Nugent-Hopkins is not good enough to drive the 2nd line IMO.
What happened to RNH? He was on the way of becoming a solid two-way 2nd liner for the Oilers and the last couple of years he's gone to a bottom 6 production player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What happened to RNH? He was on the way of becoming a solid two-way 2nd liner for the Oilers and the last couple of years he's gone to a bottom 6 production player.

You might want to re-check your numbers on him. RNH has been solidly productive the past couple seasons. Only 16-17 was an eyesore for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Holy ****, just saw the Sean Avery stuff. Good way to double down on the situation, but more storylines is better for the NHL IMHO. He might actually be right in this regard, but since it's Sean Avery saying it I absolutely hate and disagree with him, lol.

He went from being a very creative player to being an extremely uncreative player. And I truly don't know why.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nashville are a deep team and still Freddy Gaudreau is playing his 49th game and Grimaldi is playing his 45th game today.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
2F8F336F-C39C-42FC-A81D-9B17C914E280.jpeg

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Sieverovsky in postseason form today, yikes. Friedman said on his podcast a couple weeks ago Bobs is seeking a new contract comparable to Carey Price. No thanks. Oilers have gotten 4 past him on 19 shots today.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Laine is like Mesut Oezil of the hockey world.

Also last week I watched one of the Lightning national games and I believe McGuire or some other analyst mentioned that forward-wise, Tampa Bay only has one player picked from the first round and that was Stamkos.

Stamkos: 1st - 1st overall
Miller: 1st - 15th overall (acquired in trade via NYR)
Erne: 2nd - 33rd overall
Kucherov: 2nd - 58th overall
Cirelli: 3rd - 72nd overall
Killorn - 3rd - 77th overall
Point: 3rd - 79th overall
Paquette: 4th - 101st overall
Joseph: 4th - 120th overall
Callahan: 4th - 127th overall (acquired in trade via NYR)
Palat: 7th - 208th overall
Johnson: Free Agent signing
Gourde: Free Agent signing

Only two other first rounds from actual Lightning picks beyond the forward position...
- Hedman: 1st - 2nd overall
- Vasilevski: 1st - 19th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad