2018-2019 Around the league thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ottawa might end up with a semi decent 1st round pick after all.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If you're bored and need some entertainment go check out the GTD on the Blue Jackets board :amazed:

Here's a sneak peek:

I feel for Matt. Guy must think hes cursed or something. If the Jackets miss out Torts is done there for sure. That team should be dancing into the playoffs and not playing touch butt with the Habs.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
If you're bored and need some entertainment go check out the GTD on the Blue Jackets board :amazed:

Here's a sneak peek:

All I know is, I snipe at Bednars’ lack of experience/Colorado’s lack of emphasis on hiring coaches with experience, but, just say no to Torts.

Also, having the luxury of Captain Hindsight, they should’ve dealt Panarin at the TDL for whatever they could get. He’s been checked out ever since.

Also...also, if C’bust gives Jarmo his walking papers make Sakic “El Presidente of Le Hockey Operarionales”, & hire the former as GM. That’s one potential C’bust castoff I’d snatch up in a heartbeat.

Also, also, also, while I know Duchene is persona non grata ‘round these parts, the Jacket fans crucifying him for their potential postseason miss are complete ass hat morons.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I rather not face him 6 times a season but I also want him to play in the playoffs. He hasnt scored a playoff goal ever. Bork has more playoff goals than Matt Duchene.

giphy.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Here's a sneak peek:

Never occurred to me but a Jackets fan posted about Duchene basically being the media face for the team.

Think it says a lot about the leadership on Columbus, or lack of. I don't care if McDavid was traded onto our team, I would still want Landy being the face of the media after tough losses, not a new guy that just joined the team a month ago.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Never occurred to me but a Jackets fan posted about Duchene basically being the media face for the team.

Think it says a lot about the leadership on Columbus, or lack of. I don't care if McDavid was traded onto our team, I would still want Landy being the face of the media after tough losses, not a new guy that just joined the team a month ago.

Nope, It’s all the deadline acquisitions’ fault! :rolleyes:

There’s a Cleveland level losing mentality being ingrained in Columbus.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Sakic is going to crush Bednar's will to live by trading Borque to Nashville for Turris at the draft so tahe Preds can open up the cap space necessary to sign Duchene to destroy their club.

Bednar is going to rage quit ala Roy and Sakic will call his old coach and make Q an offer he can't refuse.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm starting to think Vegas can make it out of the West again. Deepest forward group in the conference and Fleury is a gamer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Duchene is a part of the problem in Columbus. Immensely talented player that can’t play with any pressure... Columbus needed him to play well and accept the pressure. He’s wilted. Torts will be gone if Columbus doesn’t win a round, let alone make the playoffs. Jarmo too.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I'm starting to think Vegas can make it out of the West again. Deepest forward group in the conference and Fleury is a gamer.
It's crazy he has completely changed that idea of him and I agree. WJC and early NHL playoff games he was the guy giving up the softest goals at the absolute worst times

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Torts is a guy that brings fresh air to a locker room that is struggling and players love to play for him at the beginning, but 2-3 years later the whole room hates him. You don't need players to like their coach, but Torts isn't good enough from a tactical perspective to overcome that.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Nice prospect pickup for Nashville...Or a sensible signing of one of the prospects they’d already drafted. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Looks like Panarin has wilted too....since the beginning of March he has 5 points in 11 games, all assists, zero goals. 1 goal in his last 16 games. They didn't really change his linemates up either after the deadline so it shouldn't have been a chemistry issue...I have't paid a ton of attention to Panarin, but I wonder if he's lacking some motivation considering he's clearly checked out of the Blue Jackets long term and is just waiting for UFA.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Good times heading into the playoffs. How the hell is the team in Montreal fun and drama free while a bunch of these other Canadian teams are losing their minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad