2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I find it funny (but not surprising) that outsiders like AVS fans in this thread tend to side with the players while the Stars fanbase sides with the owner. Typical disconnection between outsiders and another team.

As someone with Jamie Benn in his fantasy team, I'm siding with the owner here. Big time!

Oh I definitely agree, and if I'm picking sides it is the owners. I also think the NHL is going to be a hornets nest if scoring keeps up the way it has. Luck or bad luck, and goal-tending will be getting people fired or hired every year. If you can build a good team on paper and have everything go so wrong so easily it's going to make for more drama lol. It will probably also cause some very bad long term decisions by some teams.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Stars have had multiple coaches and the GM has added lots of veterans (Radulov, Hanzal, Comeau, Methot) to make them into a solid playoff team. I think it's fair to ask the players to do their part.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Stars have had multiple coaches and the GM has added lots of veterans (Radulov, Hanzal, Comeau, Methot) to make them into a solid playoff team. I think it's fair to ask the players to do their part.

I do think the public path might cause them more problems than it's worth though.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think it's fair to ask the players to do their part.

Absolutely. But maybe planning and initiating a media event to publically call your franchise players horseshit isn’t the best way to go about it.

They want to see them respond but my bet is they just f***ed themselves.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Absolutely. But maybe planning and initiating a media event to publically call your franchise players horse**** isn’t the best way to go about it.

They want to see them respond but my bet is they just ****ed themselves.

Dude just commited nearly $80M of his own money to Tyler Seguin who plays like horse shit to the point that he felt the need to call him publicly. I'm pretty sure that wasn't plan A.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dude just commited nearly $80M of his own money to Tyler Seguin who plays like horse **** to the point that he felt the need to call him publicly. I'm pretty sure that wasn't plan A.

That’s going to be an awkward eight years. I wonder if they gave Seguin any kind of limited NTC

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Absolutely. But maybe planning and initiating a media event to publically call your franchise players horse**** isn’t the best way to go about it.

They want to see them respond but my bet is they just ****ed themselves.

Of course. Hockey players hate being called out by non hockey players.

I'm not sure how planned this was, but at least the message got out without GM and coach got involved. It's fine for an owner to not be buddy buddy with the players.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Gimme Segs, Benn or Radulov. Don’t care which one, they’re all incredible even if it is a tough season.
It's too bad Roy couldn't have worked some Rad Daddy magic before he left. He'd be perfect for the second line.

And some more jersey sale profits for the Avs, curtisey of Foppberg.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's too bad Roy couldn't have worked some Rad Daddy magic before he left. He'd be perfect for the second line.
Yeah he’d look great. However we’d probably have Vlasic instead of Mackinnon and Holden instead of Barrie lol.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think something will happen real soon in Carolina. Just lost 2-0 against the Devils...and it might just broke the camel's back.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I think something will happen real soon in Carolina. Just lost 2-0 against the Devils...and it might just broke the camel's back.

Every year it's supposed to be the year Carolina rises up. And they never do.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Every year it's supposed to be the year Carolina rises up. And they never do.

Owner is crazy and unpredictable. He complained about not scoring goals a couple of weeks ago and it's been way worse since. Now losing 2-0 against NJ is a new low.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Owner is crazy and unpredictable. He complained about not scoring goals a couple of weeks ago and it's been way worse since. Now losing 2-0 against NJ is a new low.

Owners want more goals, a Barrie for Slavin trade would help with that :sarcasm:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Stars scored 5 goals tonight, Benn 0 point and Seguin just 1 assist.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It could always be worse boys, we could be Edmonton.

titter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad