2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So apparently William Nylander has been really awful since his comeback but it's not his fault.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Pistache

Mar 25, 2009
The Hurricanes honor Hartford heritage tonight by wearing the whalers Green sweaters against the Bruins. Colorado should do the same and wear the Québec Nordique blue sweaters in the next game in Montréal.
They broke our heart 23 years ago when they moved to Denver and won the cup a year later.

Reactions: Piestany88

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
To me, Colorado/Quebec is in a lot of ways similar to Hurricanes/Hartford in that Hurricanes faithful aren't at all happy about celebrating the Whalers because the Hurricanes aren't the Whalers. Meanwhile the other teams' fans think it's nostalgic and cool. The same goes for Colorado and Quebec at least in my mind. The rest of the league thinks is cool, but I don't give a shit about Nordiques jerseys and stuff. I strongly dislike it when Nordique stats are part of the Colorado franchise records, which the national media often does. Of course, there are Nordiques faithful who followed along who have a whole other dynamic, and I respect that, but to me as a youngin the Nordiques mean squat.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The only reason people and teams care about this stuff is if the jerseys look good. Why else would they sell Nordiques stuff at Pepsi Center?

Then again Whalers jerseys are hideous, so there's no accounting for taste.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The only reason people and teams care about this stuff is if the jerseys look good. Why else would they sell Nordiques stuff at Pepsi Center?

Then again Whalers jerseys are hideous, so there's no accounting for taste.

What the f***.

The green ones are meh, but the navy ones? Beautiful.

Reactions: klozge

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Those Whalers jerseys are amazing. I forgot just how awesome they were. Now if they could have a Cooperalls night as well it'd be perfect.

But seriously I've no idea why the league is so frickin' allergic to the color green. For a while there I don't believe there was a team in the league that had green as its primary color, what with the Wylde sporting those horrendous red Christmas sweaters and the Stars going with those NCAA-wannabe black numbers. Devils need to bring back green in their uniforms as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Those Whalers jerseys are amazing. I forgot just how awesome they were. Now if they could have a Cooperalls night as well it'd be perfect.

But seriously I've no idea why the league is so frickin' allergic to the color green. For a while there I don't believe there was a team in the league that had green as its primary color, what with the Wylde sporting those horrendous red Christmas sweaters and the Stars going with those NCAA-wannabe black numbers. Devils need to bring back green in their uniforms as well.

I don't understand why most people dislike the Stars jersey but looooove the Whalers jersey. The green is very similar, white stripes and all.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I don't understand why most people dislike the Stars jersey but looooove the Whalers jersey. The green is very similar, white stripes and all.
Most people love the blue Whalers sweaters, not the green ones. And that logo goes a long ways in appreciating them.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yeah I LOVE the current Stars jersey. I liked the ones they wore in the Hitchcock era. It was those awful black jerseys that had DALLAS emblazoned in the front I couldn’t stand. I’m pretty sure those had no green in them at all.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad