2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Q thought there was too much faith put into young players in the organization to fill holes on the roster and that would keep the Avs from competing. IE Wolski, Svatos, Hensick, Richardson, Cumisky, Budaj, etc.

I thought that was what you meant, was just clarifying.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Looking forward to a MacKinnon/Rantanen/O'Reilly line in the all-star game where they don't ever pass to him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I guess Toronto has that kids' afternoon again. These poor kids are so young they don't know that the Leafs are awful.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I want Marner to get a lot of points this year so he asks for a very fat contract with super high AAV.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Elias Pettersson got injured by Kotkaniemi in Montreal and it looks pretty bad. He didn't return.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully that's one of those that looks worse than it actually is. I'm sure it's an accident but I have no idea what Kotkaniemi was trying to do after watching that multiple times. First the hook, then the grab, and finishes with the takedown.

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
****ing ridiculous. Not even a penalty called. Are you kidding me!? This next generation of refs is simply horrid.

What would they call here? 2 min interference, at best. Wouldn't change anything to the situation. 2 players entangled with an unfortunate result.

Still think Pettersson is too frail for the NHL and will be injury prone for as long as he has this frame.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What would they call here? 2 min interference, at best. Wouldn't change anything to the situation. 2 players entangled with an unfortunate result.

Still think Pettersson is too frail for the NHL and will be injury prone for as long as he has this frame.

Okay, at least they would've called it. I don't think he's too frail, Jack Eichel has had two incidents where he's fallen awkwardly like that (and wasn't even tangled up at the time), and I wouldn't call him small or frail.

That was just a stupid rookie doing something stupid, some bad luck involved, and the league as a whole letting waaaay too much clutch-and-grab back in the game. If they called obstruction like they're supposed to Kotkaniemi doesn't dare try that.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Okay, at least they would've called it. I don't think he's too frail, Jack Eichel has had two incidents where he's fallen awkwardly like that (and wasn't even tangled up at the time), and I wouldn't call him small or frail.

That was just a stupid rookie doing something stupid, some bad luck involved, and the league as a whole letting waaaay too much clutch-and-grab back in the game. If they called obstruction like they're supposed to Kotkaniemi doesn't dare try that.
I dont think Kotkaniemi did that because he thought he could get away with it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
****ing ridiculous. Not even a penalty called. Are you kidding me!? This next generation of refs is simply horrid.
For the life of me I can't understand why they let these kind of extracurriculars go on away from the play, like it doesn't matter as long as the puck is nowhere near the combatants. Let that ticky-tack shit go on, and you eventually get injuries to stars like this. f***ing disgraceful.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

So it's Pettersson's fault for being skinny now? Not Kotka for hooking him and dragging him down away from the play, which is supposedly a penalty under the so-called rules of the NHL?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So it's Pettersson's fault for being skinny now?

We've been through this before. Either you get mad at everyone that will injure him or you agree that he needs to bulk up so he doesn't get injured as much when this stuff happens. There's such thing as being fragile.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We've been through this before. Either you get mad at everyone that will injure him or you agree that he needs to bulk up so he doesn't get injured as much when this stuff happens. There's such thing as being fragile.

Chara could’ve gotten hurt if he got pulled down like that. That has nothing to do with him being frail.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Pretty sure I read that Pettersson was walking around in the dressing room with no crutches. Another ridiculous overreaction by HFB lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pettersson isn't expected to play next game but he's still travelling with the team so that appears to be a good sign. If it was something serious then that likely wouldn't be the case.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You wouldn't be mad if MacKinnon were injured on an identical play? You'd blame him for being too frail to withstand illegal play? I'll believe that when I see it.

Reactions: MacBradley

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, there is no catching Kucherov. He's running away with the scoring title unless he gets a long injury or something

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You wouldn't be mad if MacKinnon were injured on an identical play? You'd blame him for being too frail to withstand illegal play? I'll believe that when I see it.

I'd be upset but shit happens. Mack is a horse, chances of him getting injured on most physical plays are probably divided by 3 compared to Pettersson.

Do you think a 9 year old kid can sustain the same physical abuse than a grown man? If not what's so hard to understand here? Pettersson is seriously underweight which makes him prone to injuries. Why do I have to explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad