2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well at least my boys in Tampa did their jobs. Nice kill late as well. I think that puts us back up into 3rd. Which is f***ing nutty lol.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Pretty good night overall. Wings win and hand the Ducks their 12th straight L. Tampa beats Dallas in regulation. Downside in LA losing to the Wild but at least they got a point on Ottawa and prevented the Wild from getting another ROW. Blues at least got a point too to get them a bit further from the Sens as well.

Beating the Sens in regulation tomorrow would be huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pretty good night overall. Wings win and hand the Ducks their 12th straight L. Tampa beats Dallas in regulation. Downside in LA losing to the Wild but at least they got a point on Ottawa and prevented the Wild from getting another ROW. Blues at least got a point too to get them a bit further from the Sens too.

Beating the Sens in regulation tomorrow would be huge.

That game tomorrow was/is my biggest worry for this week. A win could be huge, and a loss could be f***ing devastating both draft wise and for this teams mental state. You know Ottawa is going to come out with one of their best games too.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
That game tomorrow was/is my biggest worry for this week. A win could be huge, and a loss could be ****ing devastating both draft wise and for this teams mental state. You know Ottawa is going to come out with one of their best games too.

Devastating would be an understatement after experiencing the low of getting shut out by the Habs followed by the high of dominating the Leafs in Toronto only to drop the game against the worst team in the league in the Sens. Absolutely huge game tomorrow. Also, not to be greedy but a W from Philly and the Yotes wouldn't be bad either :naughty:.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Devastating would be an understatement after experiencing the low of getting shut out by the Habs followed by the high of dominating the Leafs in Toronto only to drop the game against the worst team in the league in the Sens. Absolutely huge game tomorrow. Also, not to be greedy but a W from Philly and the Yotes wouldn't be bad either :naughty:.

Hopefully Ottawa opens it up. I think they've been playing a tighter style lately since losing Chabot. I'm hoping they don't use the MTL/NYI game plan against us lol.

Reactions: missionAvs

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Tampa doesn't finally figure their **** out, I feel like this could finally be the Sharks year.

I just love the way they play.

It’s such a heavy, possession dominant style with high end skill and crazy puck movement. They play the closest to a soccer team with their backwards and sideways passes. The heavy game with every line so good on the cycle down low just wears you down.

Watching tonight’s game closely and the Pens just have no answer for SJ’s style.

Sharks started out slow but honestly look like the best team in the West.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Hertl makes it 4-1.

Just look at that goal. Faceoff win, three passes(!) along the blueline for the shuffle and then a heavy body in front to score.

Sorensen - Thornton - Pavelski
Radil - Couture - Meier
Kane - Hertl - Donskoi

Big and deep.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I just love the way they play.

It’s such a heavy, possession dominant style with high end skill and crazy puck movement. They play the closest to a soccer team with their backwards and sideways passes. The heavy game with every line so good on the cycle down low just wears you down.

Watching tonight’s game closely and the Pens just have no answer for SJ’s style.

Sharks started out slow but honestly look like the best team in the West.
Yep. I've always had a soft spot for the Sharks, they're 100% my bandwagon team. LOVE Hertl. Meier is a stud too.

And then you have Burns + EK on the backend? Good Lord. He's been looking like Norris Karlsson lately too.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Crazy to think that the third most important defensemen on San Jose after Karlsson and Burns is Brendan Dillon, and not Vlasic or Braun.
According to pretty much everyone who watch a lot of Sharks games Vlasic fell off a cliff this year. I didn't see that one coming...went from a guy who was very rarely making mistakes to pretty bad.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Hopefully Ottawa opens it up. I think they've been playing a tighter style lately since losing Chabot. I'm hoping they don't use the MTL/NYI game plan against us lol.

Just like you implied in your previous post though, tomorrow's game won't be easy and I hope the boys aren't overlooking it. Resting on the laurels of beating the Leafs at home would be a mistake. Hoping we come out hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad