2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The out of town scoreboard is doing the Avs favours left right and center if they could get their **** together. Minny, Dallas, Edmonton, and Chicago all lost tonight. Blues won vs. Dallas and the Avs might have to watch out for them, but at least it wasn't a three pointer. For the Sens pick the Sens are about to lose, Rangers won, Kings look like they’ll win, Wings won, Coyotes won.

Almost impossible for it to be any more perfect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mittlestadt looks like he was brought into the league too soon. Haven't watched much Sabres this year but I watched them tonight, and he's so weak on the puck and along the boards.

Definitely... too many jumps too quickly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That McLeod play was definitely stupid on his part in not controlling himself better, but it was clear to me that he didn't intend to hit the linesman. That's probably why he wasn't suspended.

He was looking at Martin the whole time while the linesman was off to the side, but then the linesman circled in front of Martin. Cody should have restrained himself better though for sure.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man, I wish WE would make a strong play for Ferland.

He's made me eat crow this season. I definitely thought he was a product of Gaudreau, but now he's showing that he's a very similar player to Tom Wilson without the illegal checks background.

The Avs definitely need that type of 2nd/3rd line winger on the team. That Konowalchuk role so it's not just Landy doing it all. A gritty, agitating, two way winger with good foot speed that can also chip in 40+ points.

They've tried to address that role but Wilson and Calvert are 25 point poor mans versions. They don't have the puck skills to chip in much more.

The closest they got recently was Comeau for one season, and Greer hasn't been able to develop into that yet either.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ferland's always been more than your average grinder. I consider him to be a meaner, tougher Dean McAmmond (the Flames version, not the mopey bag of flesh that took up space in Colorado). That shot of his is horribly underrated.

Don't know if that means he should get Tom Wilson money (mainly because Tom Wilson shouldn't be getting Tom Wilson money) but he's more than just a grinder. Way more.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ferland's always been more than your average grinder. I consider him to be a meaner, tougher Dean McAmmond (the Flames version, not the mopey bag of flesh that took up space in Colorado). That shot of his is horribly underrated.

Don't know if that means he should get Tom Wilson money (mainly because Tom Wilson shouldn't be getting Tom Wilson money) but he's more than just a grinder. Way more.
Rumour has it he's going to be asking for Tom Wilson money

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not long ago people here were OK with Kerfoot making 4M-5M a year. I'd rather pay Ferland "Tom Wilson money" than giving that to Kerfoot.

Ferland has about 3 years of prime left IMO...so I'd be more worried about term than cap hit.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Remember when I told those of you who were cheering in an Avs-Blues game earlier in the season for Blues to tie the game late to take it to OT, so that St. Louis could get a point and move past Ottawa, that it wasn't a good idea? ;) Blues just 3 points out of a playoff spot in the west with a game in hand on Minny and two on the Avs. They're playing some good hockey outside their goaltending.

Reactions: Mike Liut

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We're not the only team that was falling apart (prior to tonight, thankfully). Buffalo now finds themselves outside of a playoff spot and is getting spanked by the Oilers.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Pretty damming article on the Stars. Doesn't sound like things with Benn are going too well

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Pretty damming article on the Stars. Doesn't sound like things with Benn are going too well

Gotta love how the media loves to exaggerate these situations. I'm sure things aren't great, but to call him winning the Art Ross franchise ruining? Yeah ok.... Let's ignore the trade that meant them not drafting Corey Perry or when they shipped out Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad